Aw, Man...this Fu--ing Sucks

reddsun1

Well, considering his battle with MS, and his steadily failing health, it doesn't come as a real surprise or shock per se. But it's still a bummer to hear that groundbreaking "blue" comic Richard Pryor has finally left us. !$#%! :(

Apparently, he suffered a heart attack this morning, "he did not suffer, he went quickly and at the end there was a smile on his face..." according to wife Jennifer Pryor.

Yeah-just read the obit...I'm at a loss. Just last week I was talking to some co-workers about how he passed the torch to Dave Chappelle and then Dave had his nervous breakdown in Africa. Anyone have their favorite RP moment? I don't want to mention mine just yet.

Aw man, favorite moments? There's so many to choose from. Was it Bustin' Loose, when he smooth talks the group of clansmen to push that busload of kids out of the mud? Or maybe Which Way Is Up, when he played the corrupt preacher who gets run over by the tour bus "...man! flatter than 2-day old beer!" :p Or Silver Streak, when he has to help G. Wilder dress up and be "black" to get out of the train station. The critics may have cut it no slack, but Harlem Nights was a funny movie: --"Shug, I want you to make love to me all night long." --"Can't we jus' do it, real hard for like, 30 minutes, then go to sleep?" :lol: One of my favorites will always be Greased Lightning...

Yeah, he did set himself on fire, while freebasing coke. Some of his best comedic material came from dealing with those personal issues. "man, when you run down the street on fire, people get the fu-- outta your way!" Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling is pretty much a loosly based autobiographical film, and is very good. Gives a lot of insight into what shaped him into the man he was. Truly one of the great comedic minds, he opened a lot of doors for a lot of comics who would come later.