Valkyrie Simulation Project 0.1.0 Release

vsim

Okay, for those of you who don't know about us (probably most, we are pretty quiet), there is a project to simulate various Macross vehicles, starting with a VF-1. The Valkryie Simulation Project ( http://valkyrie.sourceforge.net ).

The QUICK run down. You can fly around in fighter mode a bit, it needs work. This is an attempt to actually simulate the aircraft, which means I'm still working on the control laws for the vehicle, but it's flyable now, just touchy at times.

- fighter mode only

- requires OpenGL

- no weapons (Sorry, no multiplayer yet! lol)

- has a simple HUD

- will use up to 4 joystick axes for roll, pitch, throttle and rudder.

- button 2 exits, or it will exit after 5 minutes.

- buttons 3/4 are wheel brakes

- it has flaps, but there is currently no way to deploy them ;)

- speedbrakes auto-eploy when throttle is < 20%

- it does use thrust vectoring for pitch control :) +/- 60 degrees

- roll control is via spoilers

Oh, and by popular request, it now runs under Windows! Fortunately, this was relatively painless thanks to MinGW!

So go download and try it out and tell us what you think, just remember, we do this in our spare time, and development is slow! So go easy on us ;).

Download the vsim-0.1.0-win32.zip file if you want to run under windows, the -source file contains the full source code as of the 0.1.0 release.

You can download them here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/valkyrie/

Just click the big "Download Valkyrie Simulation Project" box, can't miss it.

Enjoy!

Jason

BTW, I'm terrible about keeping up with forums, so please excuse me if I forget to reply here, my email addy is on our website if you need to bug someone :rolleyes:

Edited by vsim

It looks not bad at all, i will give it a try. Congrats on the effort !

348010[/snapback]

Hmmm could be interesting..

348058[/snapback]

Working on it. I try to do a little bit of work on the weekends. I need to display what the surfaces are doing, the thrust vectoring kicks all over the place trying to maintain the command.

Gonna try and get keyboard working too so I can add more commands :). (flaps, etc.)

And of course, I want to get to gerwalk mode..Battroid...will be hard, lol, but fun! :unsure:

Trust me, I have tons of ideas, just no time to work on them. I try to squeak in a few hours every weekend, but it's tough. Although now that the framework has solidified some I'm not spending all my time re-writing the main architecture.

Also, the others who are on the development team have like no time to work on it, so pretty much right now it's just me.

I'd like to see online play too.

I remember doing some of that with VO with ppl..........>_> <_< I challenged Quadronno if anyone remembers her......haha.......that was a great fight lol I destroyed her Meltran ship was in Battroid mode going "Where is she..........uh oh!?" Turned around and just fired away at her.....blasted her :p

Yeah but I also bragged on being the best Male VO pilot. And she could brag on being the best Female VO pilot cause there weren't any female vo pilots who stepped in to claim the title :p

Plus hell she had a customized White Power armor, you can't get any better than that :p

From what I remember.......When I first got outta the Macross, I already had a blanket of missiles coming at me. So I full throttled shaking off what I could, switched into Gerwalk and doubled back. Went too Battroid shooting at her with what I could use, and nothing. I can't remember if she got me or just heavily damaged me cause I remember leaving the Macross again.

After that was when all the crazy stuff happened. I think all I used was the Gunpod to blow her away I was wide eyed going "WTF? I beat her" :o

Those are the type of games I like lol.