Bio-booster Guyver

Hi all.

Like the title says, I'm enquiring about the supposedly new Guyver series that's supposed to be airing in Japan at the moment. Has anyone seen it, and more importantly, is it available on DVD yet?

I ask this because I'e seen one seller on E-Bay offering the first 12 or so episodes subtitled. I would've loved to get it, but he didn't take Paypal.

Any comments from people in the know?

First I'll say the search function works wonders and you've been here long enough to known that cap :p

The series is being done by atleast 3-4 different sub groups, however its pretty much a release when ever they get to it. It's not like the popular shows that pop up every week or weekend.

One group known as Kem9 has done 6 episodes, however they sub it in mkv format makign it really dificult to view unless you use VLC.

Guyver-Fansubs has done 3 episodes and has pretty much gone silent.

Another group which seems to be Annoynumus has done 4 episodes in WMV in poor poor quality.

ADV already owns the rights to the Guyver series so there isn't much of a doubt the series will be released in the states since we've already seen Guyver - Out of Control, the OVA Series and 2 Live action movies here. To not release it when there is a following for the franchise would be sort of strange.

This new anime follows the manga very closely, almost verbatim. The new show does put in a few twists here and there, but nothing major and nothing long-lasting.

The animtion is pretty decent given that it's a 2005 show but the music doesn't really do much for me. Just rather blah in that department.