! 1/60 VF0-S Yamato in Early bird on HLJ !

isamu-ad

I agree with haterist on this one. The last two orders I've gotten from HLJ came in boxes that fit my toys like stretch pants do to hot legs of a girl.

I got lost after the stretch pants/girl thing...

Peace and Love!

H

343413[/snapback]

It's Love and Peace, if you're trying to quote Vash.

343420[/snapback]

Dude, I wouldn't come in here if I were you. Your signature is obviously just a disgusting attempt to score hook-ups!

343422[/snapback]

*hands up* relax dude! :D

*hands up* relax dude! :D

343435[/snapback]

Don't worry about me, man! I (of course) was kidding. You need to worry about the other guy who clearly finds signatures of your type "disgusting" in their noob-shafting-ness. ;)

Man, I wouldn't stick around here. Once he sees your "disgusting" signature, there's no telling what he might do! I'm actually frightened for you. :ph34r:

H

Thanks dude, but your analysis of my sig is fair enough, and is legit. :)

Remember the Kensei-Godzilla 1/48 Valk wars? I took the total off because I kept getting request for sales. After I said no, then they ask me where to buy them. :rolleyes: you can't win either way. So there, that should handle it.

Oh, that and the fact that Godzilla has won the war.....<_<

343450[/snapback]

Giving up already?

:D I didn't know you had a cold war against him!

343534[/snapback]

Oh hush you :p You know that we had a war goin on, you are in alliance with him after all. :ph34r:

It's a stalemate I believe.

VWII is about to begin with the VF-0.

I am only a reader of the forum but I feel I have something to say about HLJ services. I had no problem with their packaging but unfortunately, I had problems with the quality of their stocks. In one of the many purchases I made in the past, the box of this SOC was damaged (evidence had shown that this was not the work by the courier or custom's inspection) but probably at HLJ or from manufacturer. HLJ either didn't care for the general condition of the item before sending it out or had knowingly sending out the item of lesser quality. I know their web site has said that if one cares about the condition of the box or packaging, they should not place orders with them, but there are people who care about the condition of the boxes or packaging and people in Japan definitely care about every expect of the product they are buying (toys or other products). I don't think one should expect less from HLJ, especially from long time customers (I personally have bought more than 800 dollars of goods from them and I have been a long time loyal customer until this incident, 800 dollars are a lot of "money" to me!). I was also told that if a new box was needed, I should pay 10 dollars or so for it (including shipping). I was disappointed at their response and the I-couldn't-care-less-if-you-buy-from-us attitude. I don't buy from them any more. I don't blame the individuals working at HLJ but the owner who sets the standard for the company. I don't look at or play with this SOC but hide it. It just upsets me looking at it, remembering the incident and getting "lousy" services having being a long time customer.

I've ordered from HLJ on many occassions, and only received ONE item with damaged packaging. The good thing is, the internal padding for the package was so good that the artbook I bought wasn't damaged at all.

Do you ship via EMS or SAL?

I've found that SAL packages tend to arrive with some damage compared to EMS packages.

If you ship via SAL, it's likely that the folks that handled the package are to blame.

I used SAL most of the time and never had problems with this service, but there were a few things indicating that the box was damaged before they packed it for shipment. The shipping box was fine, so were the padding inside the shipping box. The original packaging of the item had not been cut or opened for inspection even though the shipment had passed through custom, so either HLJ had knowingly sent out the item with less-than-satisfactory quality or they had not verified the quality of the stock they were receiving. There are some upcoming SOCs I would like to get but definitely not from HLJ, these purchases are too important for me to accept sub-standard quality items. There are other Japanese stores that are willing to do business with foreign customers.

The yen has dropped significantly against the dollar in recent months so I'll take my chances w/ HLJ.

344377[/snapback]

I was about to ask why people persisted to order from HLJ but I guess that answers my question.

Personally, I think there are enough good vendors stateside that make me not want to run the risk with them.

I stopped using HLJ. They used to have good cutomer service, good packaging, and plain old good service.

Then they started taking more preorders than they could fulfil. They stopped communicating, letting you know if they ran out of stock or not, and also wouldn't answer any emails.

Screw them, even if I have to pay a little more from a deputy shopper, I use a good one and I'd rather get better quality service, than be left around holding my dick.

Twin Moons i tried once, awesome service and friendly. ^_^

But Kevin is the man. Went with Kev at Valkyrie Exchange twice and when the time comes 3rd time in a row for sure. Excellent service.

Come on Kev your a legend! I ordered a heap of crap that needed a huge box so he used an official ? Yamato VF-1S Roys shippin box! hehe

the secret ingredient is love. :p

Really now? I won the war? :blink: I thought it was ongoing. Yes I have 76 Valks and 26 Fast Packs. Why ongoing? I have 3 more cases coming of CF. B)) I had to lower my CF count. :( And I thought you were going to get more 1/48 VF-1J Hikarus and GBP-01 coming. Well I know I am. :p

As for VWII, I am not going to start so I raise my white flag. I am just going to get a couple of these VF-0s. I cannot afford to keep buying these damn things especially I want to buy a house and eventually put a nice ring on GF's finger. Besides, I love the VF-1 design. VF-0 is good, mind you, but I like the VF-1 better.

343450[/snapback]

Giving up already?

:D I didn't know you had a cold war against him!

343534[/snapback]

Oh hush you :p You know that we had a war goin on, you are in alliance with him after all. :ph34r:

It's a stalemate I believe.

VWII is about to begin with the VF-0.

343537[/snapback]

Just adding to the great seller debate. I've used HLJ for years now (EMS shipping, always), and I've had zero problems. No damaged packages, ever, no lost orders, always prompt responses to my queries (< 2 days in every case). I've ordered replacement pieces for model kits (after I destroyed them, not HLJ) and in every case received the part in less than a month (which is pretty good considering they have to order it from the manufacturer). The only delay I've ever had was in getting a hand for my first 1/48 VF-1A (which was missing in the box), and that took 6 weeks.

Just to spread the luv around, Kevin at the Valkyrie Exchange has always been top-notch and 100% reliable too. I've only ordered from Twin Moons a couple of times, but zero problems there either.

Come to think of it, I've only had two bad online shopping incidents in, like 10 years (both of them eBay seller issues). And I do a lot of online shopping.

Maybe I've just got good e-buyer karma. ;)

I have used Twin Moons and Valkyrie Exchange with no problems. HLJ has sent me the wrong item once but I got to keep it and received the correct item later. If you use Sal sometimes your boxes with get dinged up. So go with EMS for fool proof shipping. I did like it better when USPS had a contract with them. The yen issue is tricky, hopefully the dollar will stay doing well against the yen. A lot can happen in 5 months or so. Some US resellers are near what HLJ is selling it for if the shipping cost is near the 1/48. You know that US resellers price well be fixed come release date. I mostly get my Macross stuff from Tam or Kevin and my Gundam stuff HLJ.

Being in Australia shipping overseas, i ALWAYS go EMS. get me stuff in a week. I regard the lower methods too risky.

Little bit extra for that speed is the way to go i reckon.

When i order too i usually order in bulk. Hardly ever have small orders unless they are specialty orders from a Ebay supplier, and even then i go the EMS fastest way. Tracking number too heh :p

Kensei? Use EMS much? Has anyone had any bad incidents using ems?

I used SAL, EMS and also registered airmail. Registered Airmail will be good enough and takes just a couple of days more compared to EMS for Australia from HK. No problems with all shipments. Only problem is with customs. They tend to hold your package if the parcel huge. Happened to me twice already when I used EMS :angry:

Kensei? Use EMS much? Has anyone had any bad incidents using ems?

I use EMS a lot. Ask Valk-1S. We found out from experience to never allow one dealer to ship two big packages to two people in the same city. :rolleyes:

eh, haterist, hurin?

i don't post much, but i do know one thing - i enjoy reading both of your posts. the two of you make sense most of the time, unlike other folks with massive MIB toys of themselves. there should be no conflict between the two of you.

insert requisite qualifiers here.

eh, haterist, hurin?

i don't post much, but i do know one thing - i enjoy reading both of your posts. the two of you make sense most of the time, unlike other folks with massive MIB toys of themselves....

345337[/snapback]

What!? Huh!? I am the only one with a MIB toy of myself.

a1figurecopy3tm.jpg