You're Tiny Are'n't you Mr. Frodo

Roy Focker

Napoleon; short

Not quite.

Contrary to popular belief (perpetuated by the above-mentioned caricatures), Napoleon was not especially short. After his death in 1821, the French emperor's height was recorded as 5 feet 2 inches in French feet. This corresponds to 5 feet 6.5 inches in Imperial (British) feet, or 1.686 meters, making him slightly taller than an average Frenchman of the 19th century. The metric system was introduced during his lifetime, so it was natural that he would be measured in feet and inches for much of his life. A French inch was 2.71 centimetres, whereas an Imperial inch is 2.54 centimetres. In addition to this miscalculation, his nickname le petit caporal adds to the confusion, as non-francophones mistakenly take petit literally as meaning "small"; in fact, it is an affectionate term reflecting on his camaraderie with ordinary soldiers. He also surrounded himself with soldiers, his elite guard, who were always six feet tall or taller.

341841[/snapback]

Hitler wasn't such a short lil bugger too. About 5'10''. Not tall even for his time, but not the little shorty most people make him out to be.

342168[/snapback]

you know wayy to much about Hitler

342170[/snapback]

Arnold said Hitler was such a bastard because he only had one testicle, and he was pissed about that fact... Arnold is never wrong.

Napoleon; short

Not quite.

Contrary to popular belief (perpetuated by the above-mentioned caricatures), Napoleon was not especially short. After his death in 1821, the French emperor's height was recorded as 5 feet 2 inches in French feet. This corresponds to 5 feet 6.5 inches in Imperial (British) feet, or 1.686 meters, making him slightly taller than an average Frenchman of the 19th century. The metric system was introduced during his lifetime, so it was natural that he would be measured in feet and inches for much of his life. A French inch was 2.71 centimetres, whereas an Imperial inch is 2.54 centimetres. In addition to this miscalculation, his nickname le petit caporal adds to the confusion, as non-francophones mistakenly take petit literally as meaning "small"; in fact, it is an affectionate term reflecting on his camaraderie with ordinary soldiers. He also surrounded himself with soldiers, his elite guard, who were always six feet tall or taller.

341841[/snapback]

Hitler wasn't such a short lil bugger too. About 5'10''. Not tall even for his time, but not the little shorty most people make him out to be.

342168[/snapback]

342170[/snapback]

Arnold said Hitler was such a bastard because he only had one testicle, and he was pissed about that fact... Arnold is never wrong.

342210[/snapback]

are you sure?

:huh:

Napoleon; short

Not quite.

341841[/snapback]

342168[/snapback]

342170[/snapback]

342210[/snapback]

are you sure?

342267[/snapback]

About what?.. Yes I am sure, Arnold is never wrong.

then you'd still be under 5'1" :D

341631[/snapback]

I am 6'1, goth pussy.

341639[/snapback]

Well Im nearly 6' and Im 15 so ha :lol: but I bet you guys can beat the crap out of 20 times over so uh :ph34r: .

Napoleon; short

Not quite.

341841[/snapback]

342168[/snapback]

342170[/snapback]

342210[/snapback]

are you sure?

342267[/snapback]

342395[/snapback]

Arnold is never wrong, what have you been smoking :huh: !? He did so many mistakes and had so many misunderstadnings of the public my friend hates Arnold cause her Father is a fire fighter and has so much taken away from him. I think I should run to the corner now :unsure: ...

Edited by Dean

People haved demanded some silly fun!

We tell them this is a tight ship with little time for fun.

Once we decided to give them a little treat. They make a fuzz that they don't want it.

Okay everyone that is so uptight about this subject I'm sorry that Disney Land won't let on any of the rides.

:lol:

341631[/snapback]

I am 6'1, goth pussy.

341639[/snapback]

Well Im nearly 6' and Im 15 so ha :lol: but I bet you guys can beat the crap out of 20 times over so uh :ph34r: .

Napoleon; short

Not quite.

341841[/snapback]

342168[/snapback]

342170[/snapback]

342210[/snapback]

are you sure?

342267[/snapback]

342395[/snapback]

Arnold is never wrong, what have you been smoking :huh: !? He did so many mistakes and had so many misunderstadnings of the public my friend hates Arnold cause her Father is a fire fighter and has so much taken away from him. I think I should run to the corner now :unsure: ...

342438[/snapback]

As you mentioned before, you are 15... When you are older and wiser you will notice how liberal lobby groups scare stupid people into voting against common sense for their gain. Tell your friend either she is stupid or her father is stupid as Arnold hasn't done a thing to the fire fighters, he is after the teachers union. Unions just stick together.

341631[/snapback]

I am 6'1, goth pussy.

341639[/snapback]

Napoleon; short

Not quite.

341841[/snapback]

342168[/snapback]

342170[/snapback]

342210[/snapback]

are you sure?

342267[/snapback]

342395[/snapback]

342438[/snapback]

As you mentioned before, you are 15... When you are older and wiser you will notice how liberal lobby groups scare stupid people into voting against common sense for their gain. Tell your friend either she is stupid or her father is stupid as Arnold hasn't done a thing to the fire fighters, he is after the teachers union. Unions just stick together.

342516[/snapback]

fug it, might as well totally derail it,

Political beliefs are opinions and nothing more if he's after the teachers union, what makes that right, the mass of "stupid people" think thier making too much? How much value would you put on your childs education, probably limitless, but when a Millage goes to vote for on the ballat you vote it down every time. Unions have thier place, now more then ever with this world economy B.S.,,, bad days are comin, not only for the middle guy. If you average out the masses and give everyone equal everyone would be poor by OUR standards. Its happening everywhier, teachers, police, firefighters, jails, socialworkers, In my state, they let a few thousand people out of jail early cause of overcrowding and tight budgets. If polititions arnt helping, thier hurting. A person is smart, People are Stupid. Im not saying Arnold is bad for cali (hes probably the best thing to get into office thier), Im just giving an example with what was said

Political beliefs are opinions and nothing more if he's after the teachers union, what makes that right, the mass of "stupid people" think thier making too much? How much value would you put on your childs education, probably limitless, but when a Millage goes to vote for on the ballat you vote it down every time. Unions have thier place, now more then ever with this world economy B.S.,,, bad days are comin, not only for the middle guy. If you average out the masses and give everyone equal everyone would be poor by OUR standards. Its happening everywhier, teachers, police, firefighters, jails, socialworkers, In my state, they let a few thousand people out of jail early cause of overcrowding and tight budgets. If polititions arnt helping, thier hurting. A person is smart, People are Stupid. Im not saying Arnold is bad for cali (hes probably the best thing to get into office thier), Im just giving an example with what was said

342541[/snapback]

The issue isn't how much teachers get paid, its the fact that they have tenure, and can NOT be fired for any reason other than commiting crimes while teaching. Any one of us can be fired from our jobs for lack of performance, the fact that teachers can't makes it so that people who have little drive become teachers... Once they get tenure, they don't have to do anything anymore.

342541[/snapback]

The issue isn't how much teachers get paid, its the fact that they have tenure, and can NOT be fired for any reason other than commiting crimes while teaching. Any one of us can be fired from our jobs for lack of performance, the fact that teachers can't makes it so that people who have little drive become teachers... Once they get tenure, they don't have to do anything anymore.

342546[/snapback]

Like I said, I dont know the logistics or reasons, I was just making a long boring example of how stupid the masses are (nothing really to do with Cali's teachers union), and how easy it is to sway thier opinion. I dont know how Bush did it, but Osama came out of the woodwork and said vote for Kerry a few days before election, Hell, I woulda dropped out too. I wonder how many presidents should be guilty of treason, let alone countless polititions. Im just distrought at how this country is fairing and how we try to police everything at the cost of lives, jobs, and the "American way of life", People arnt looking at the big picture in other countries known as superinflation (china for one)

Edited by pfunk

Politics! Shriek! :ph34r:

QUESTION THREE!!!!

Who would need a booster seat to ride The Haunted Mansion ride? Tom Cruise or Elijah Wood?

And with all this talk of short celebrities wouldn't they be rich enough to build their own Disney World in Half scale? With rides like "Upper Atmosphere Mountain" and "It's a Microscopic World After All?"

And this is Other Sci-Fi and Anime-related how?

(And don't try to pull it off saying Elijah Wood's been in sci-fi/fantasy movies, so it counts. This has NOTHING to do with the forum topic)

342482[/snapback]

OK, so when someone else starts a thread, which is all about silly fun, don't be the one Mod who is so quick to lock it, like you have been in the past.

:blink:

Requesting this become the Return of The Longest Thread. ;)

Yeah, too many midgets in the world. I'm about 6' 2-3".  I find it funny that the Romans believed height to be a physical manafestation of leadership.

342601[/snapback]

I should then be in the high levels of leadership at 6'4". Better get back to conquering the world. Rome Total War anyone? ;)

And this is Other Sci-Fi and Anime-related how?

(And don't try to pull it off saying Elijah Wood's been in sci-fi/fantasy movies, so it counts. This has NOTHING to do with the forum topic)

342482[/snapback]

OK, so when someone else starts a thread, which is all about silly fun, don't be the one Mod who is so quick to lock it, like you have been in the past.

342594[/snapback]

Fair... Not fair... Pointing at another and whining about how society owes you something... You sound like a liberal. Stop being such a girlie man and go to the gym.

Fair... Not fair... Pointing at another and whining about how society owes you something... You sound like a liberal.  Stop being such a girlie man and go to the gym.

342625[/snapback]

You know, in a couple years when you get bored of working out, all that muscle is going to turn into fat. See you on the biggest loser, A1!!!

:p

p.s.- I'm not a liberal, I'm a realist. And Ah-nuld hasn't done a good movie since True Lies.

Fair... Not fair... Pointing at another and whining about how society owes you something... You sound like a liberal.  Stop being such a girlie man and go to the gym.

342625[/snapback]

You know, in a couple years when you get bored of working out, all that muscle is going to turn into fat. See you on the biggest loser, A1!!!

:p

p.s.- I'm not a liberal, I'm a realist. And Ah-nuld hasn't done a good movie since True Lies.

342730[/snapback]

We will see. As I am an authority in the fitness indsutry I doubt it. Ironically I stoped lifting weights 3 years ago after I invented Solid State exercise. The last 60 lbs of muscle I have gained was as a result of targeted central nervous system stimulation provided by my inovations. I really don't think I will get tired of working out for 15 min every 3 weeks, because with what I have invented, thats what is required for me to continue to develop.

Liberals try to call themselves all sorts of things to keep from being affiliated with their sissy kind (as they are ashmed most of the time), but we know where you stand. :wub:

342594[/snapback]

Fair... Not fair... Pointing at another and whining about how society owes you something... You sound like a liberal. Stop being such a girlie man and go to the gym.

342625[/snapback]

Actually, I agree with White Drew as well. This thread is just "out of place". So what does that make me????

342594[/snapback]

342625[/snapback]

Actually, I agree with White Drew as well. This thread is just "out of place". So what does that make me????

342737[/snapback]

A woman who enjoys confrontation... Which is kinda hot.

342594[/snapback]

342625[/snapback]

342737[/snapback]

342741[/snapback]

at the risk of being a sexist, isnt that all women :blink:

342594[/snapback]

342625[/snapback]

342737[/snapback]

342741[/snapback]

at the risk of being a sexist, isnt that all women :blink:

342743[/snapback]

Not like Jem, she thrives on it.

A1, you might want to stop with the excessve quoting. Makes scrolling a chore.

pfunk, it's best that I don't say anything in regards to your comment.

342751[/snapback]

Yeah sorry about that.

A1, you might want to stop with the excessve quoting. Makes scrolling a chore.

pfunk, it's best that I don't say anything in regards to your comment.

342751[/snapback]

Yeah sorry about that.

342752[/snapback]

me2, the quote thing ;)