Just completed my YF-21

dilaton

I was looking at some of the other models on your site, and I must say that they are fantastic! I especially like the real-world military color schemes on your Gundams. The green/tans are gorgeous.

One question -- what effect are you trying to show on your L.E.D. Mirage page, near the bottom? You paint a piece with several colors before giving it an overcoat of very opaque white. I understand that the glow from the undercoats makes a new effect, but what are you trying to simulate there?

One question -- what effect are you trying to show on your L.E.D. Mirage page, near the bottom?  You paint a piece with several colors before giving it an overcoat of very opaque white.  I understand that the glow from the undercoats makes a new effect, but what are you trying to simulate there?

336299[/snapback]

The L.E.D. Mirage is sort of an experiment in simulating semi-transparent effects. Volks and Wave released some (semi-)transparent resin kits of the L.E.D. Mirage and K.O.G. but they are very expensive and hard to get. Thus I used my solid L.E.D. Mirage and tried to simulate the effect. Although the experiment is not a success, I concluded that the idea could work but I need more patience and a better airbrush. (Mine is 0.3mm but it cannot deliver some subtle effects that can be done using an airbrush.)