How much is a MIB 1/48 max VF-1A worth?

ghostryder

Seems people are trying to fetch $200+ for a 2nd edition hikaru 1A and a roy on ebay right now. Makes sense that max would also demand $200. It's madness... :blink:

200 seems a bit high...

lurk around ebay for a while and you'll find one for about $150... maybe less.

335580[/snapback]

I have seen a Max go for 200 but not a Hikaru. I bought a Hikaru for $150 with shipping but the guy listed it incorrectly and sold me a Max instead. Yea for me. Too bad i still don't have a VF-1A Hikaru though.

bbarr97

200 seems a bit high...

335580[/snapback]

If anyone wants to get rid of one for $90, i'll help you out and take it off your hands.

OMFG i remember (time ago but not that long) that toy-wave offered them at 90 USD each.... and now 200 USD  :blink:  Damn!  Valk value is raising more than my f***ing stock options.

335783[/snapback]

I have seen a Max go for 200 but not a Hikaru.  I bought a Hikaru for $150 with shipping but the guy listed it incorrectly and sold me a Max instead.  Yea for me.  Too bad i still don't have a VF-1A Hikaru though.

bbarr97

200 seems a bit high...

335580[/snapback]

335780[/snapback]

Heyy....I thought I sold you one didnt I? -_--_--_-

Still looking for a 2nd edition ;). The one you sold me is going to be the VF-1D!

I have seen a Max go for 200 but not a Hikaru.  I bought a Hikaru for $150 with shipping but the guy listed it incorrectly and sold me a Max instead.  Yea for me.  Too bad i still don't have a VF-1A Hikaru though.

bbarr97

200 seems a bit high...

335580[/snapback]

335780[/snapback]

Heyy....I thought I sold you one didnt I? -_--_--_-

335839[/snapback]

OMFG i remember (time ago but not that long) that toy-wave offered them at 90 USD each.... and now 200 USD  :blink:  Damn!  Valk value is raising more than my f***ing stock options.

335783[/snapback]

You think you feel bad, I passed it up on the Max 1A, saying that one 1A was good enough for me until I got the Hikaru 1S and got the VF-1J M&M and go back into toy-wave to see the Max 1A is still there to my surprise it's sold out all I have to say is SH$%#%T I have a job it was cheap I could have gotten it along with the fast packs.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

335783[/snapback]

You think you feel bad, I passed it up on the Max 1A, saying that one 1A was good enough for me until I got the Hikaru 1S and got the VF-1J M&M and go back into toy-wave to see the Max 1A is still there to my surprise it's sold out all I have to say is SH$%#%T I have a job it was cheap I could have gotten it along with the fast packs.

336391[/snapback]

Yeah I got 13 of them at the time. It was a great price.

335783[/snapback]

336391[/snapback]

336531[/snapback]

Now you know who bought out the Max 1A from Toy-wave :lol:

Turning a discontinued 1A into a VF-1D?! O_o Why not simply buy a Hikaru TV VF-1J that's about to be re-released and turn that into the VF-1D, keeping your 1A intact?

It looks like all 1/48s will be re-released eventually so you might be able to play that game indefinitely.

335783[/snapback]

336391[/snapback]

336531[/snapback]

Now you know who bought out the Max 1A from Toy-wave :lol:

336536[/snapback]

It wasn't me. :mellow: They were still available a few weeks after that.

Turning a discontinued 1A into a VF-1D?! O_o Why not simply buy a Hikaru TV VF-1J that's about to be re-released and turn that into the VF-1D, keeping your 1A intact?

It looks like all 1/48s will be re-released eventually so you might be able to play that game indefinitely.

336537[/snapback]

Wishful thinking :p . I don't think the hik vf-1a, max vf-1a, hik vf-1s, and lv will be re-released because:

1. They should have done it by now.

2. If they did re-release, there wouldn't be any $$$ left to buy Yamto's other

offerings (1/60 vf-0, gbp, etc...)

3. The above valks wer so so sellers with the exception pf the lv (limited version

:rolleyes: )

4. I say "Yamato concentrate on other mecha." I am tired of seeing the vf-1's. It's

time for something new like other enemy mecha, destroids, macross zero, yf-19,

vf-0 ;) .

My opinions BTW :ph34r: .

I'm not saying it won't take a long time to see some of those re-issues, and the LV certainly ought not be re-issued as it was sold as an LE, but the other 1As and 1Ss will eventually be out again. This is my prediction for you. They've made the investment in the molds, they've recovered their fixed costs, the profit margin on the variable costs is probably nice enough to warrant milking every dollar they can.

I expect to see the ones that haven't been reissued to be reissued only once more. Then I think there will be a long interim where we won't see anymore VF-1s. There are simply too much out there at the moment.

I would like to see other VFs or destroids to be put out. VF-9 Cutlass, VF-14 Vampire, or VF-17D. Macross Plus Fighters would be welcome, and they can open the way to M7 variations.

335783[/snapback]

336391[/snapback]

336531[/snapback]

Would you consider selling me one. :D

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Sh!t if I look at it now, the value of my VF-1A Max has risen by more than 100% blink.gif

336881[/snapback]

Only IF you actually sell it, otherwise it is not worth that price. If it gets reissued the new price will most likely be the current value.

336943[/snapback]

14*89=$1246 USD

14*200=$2800 USD

:p It is to me, and all the more reason to keep my VF-1A/S Hikkies too. Wouldn't want to rip anyone off with the current market value.

Edited by kensei