What is a "film comic"?

danth

A film comic is basically a comic book using footage of the actual anime instead of original artwork.

334845[/snapback]

so basically a book of cells? wasn't the secret of "nymh" or however you spell it like that?

Edited by kanata67

They're not just books of cells. They're paneled and have speech balloons like comic books using actual stills. I think Disney does that now, but I never seen the Nimh ones.

Here's a Macross one.

series_v1i.jpg

Edited by >EXO<

They're also known here in the US as "Animanga" or "Cinemanga" for live action stuff -- Tokyopop's been releasing a lot of them for the kiddies, using non-anime properties like Spongebob or Lizzie McGuire.

Film comics have been around for a long time here in the States. I remember buying a couple of Star Trek related ones when I was kid.

I actually have three of them (Amok Time, Trouble With Tribbles and Devil in the Dark) -- bought them at a library book sale once.

what about those comic dvds? i see those with the anime dvds at the store and i wodnered what they were, is it just the comic on a disc?

Bingo.

whats the point?

The point is getting 50 years of back comics in one place cheaply.

the ones ive seen werent old comics, or cheap, they were just 1 comic per disc near as i could tell, and they were weird looking ones that ive never heard of, i think one of em was called ratman yes rat not bat

335205[/snapback]

I dunno then.

I thought you meant the stuff like the Spiderman collection.

http://www.wickedcoolstuff.com/40yeofamspcd.html

335216[/snapback]

those are just scans of the pages, covers and articles within the comic books. Not interactive or anyone reading. There's one for Uncanny X-Men also.

The one comic per disk might be interactive. Marvel does those too. Sometimes they have limited flash animation.

Edited by >EXO<