Got the CNC working

cobywan

That monster arm would be over 24" long. I think I'd have to use fiberglass shells for the main body and feet.

I would definately have to install working potato cannons in the kit....

Now all I need to do is win the lotto to finance it.

:)

Coby. if all works out well i want to be first on the list :D  Hell lets start the list now he he :p

327770[/snapback]

The nose turned out super sweet. I'll have to take some shots when I get home. Hopefully I'll have time before my sci-fi model club meeting. The modeled scribe lines faintly show up! I don't know if they'll show up in the photo but it's so cool. :o

Coby,

It'll be tough using that foam.

The foam will suck up the paint, etc.

Use machineable plastic like REN or Butterboard.

It's way better than the foam, cuts like butta, and won't dull your tools.

It's not cheap though...

-THOR

Coby, 

It'll be tough using that foam. 

The foam will suck up the paint, etc. 

Use machineable plastic like REN or Butterboard. 

It's way better than the foam, cuts like butta, and won't dull your tools.

It's not cheap though...

-THOR

329026[/snapback]

Yes, yes. I know already. It would be quite the waste to run tests on Ren before I have the process figured out. The problem with Ren is that the router is having a hard time with the dense foam.

And the fact the foam soaks up primer isn't a problem. I sanded that first test smooth already.

should adjust the thickness of the thruster port on the nose. looks too thin and fragile. other than that its sweet. thinking of making an all brushed alum valk?  :)

329418[/snapback]

That does look a bit thin, however I don't think those are thruster ports

should adjust the thickness of the thruster port on the nose. looks too thin and fragile. other than that its sweet. thinking of making an all brushed alum valk?  :)

329418[/snapback]

That's not what it's supposed to look like. There was a machining error in what I had the software cut. I removed the wall behind the thrustor and the tool went all the way to the bottom of the part. Since the tool was tapered the hole got all wonked out.

329418[/snapback]

That's not what it's supposed to look like. There was a machining error in what I had the software cut. I removed the wall behind the thrustor and the tool went all the way to the bottom of the part. Since the tool was tapered the hole got all wonked out.

329526[/snapback]

ah so how bout an all brushed or polished alum valk or wait til you make one in secret to amaze us with it? :)

Edited by Zentrandude

You mean like this;

http://su27projekt.phpbuero.de/seite8.htm

http://su27projekt.phpbuero.de/seite1.htm

Be warned.  This site is 50+ pages long and damn impressive work the entire length of the project.

329731[/snapback]

This guys work, being described as "damn impressive" is the biggest understatement I've hear all week. :blink:

There really are no words to describe this.

You mean like this;

Be warned.  This site is 50+ pages long and damn impressive work the entire length of the project.

329731[/snapback]

This guys work, being described as "damn impressive" is the biggest understatement I've hear all week. :blink:

There really are no words to describe this.

329743[/snapback]

You ain't kidd'n...that is absolutely nuts. I've never seen anything quite like it. :huh::o:blink:

You mean like this;

329731[/snapback]

oh shiny im in love :) with the plane. lucky kid to have a father that can build that a rc that excellent, shame he only used those metal panels as the mold for the carbon fiber skin but i can understand he wants to have it light as possible.

just love the the bare skin of a plane reflecting the light like some of the ones back in ww2.

The patterns on that SU-27 are absolutely phenomenal! Crazy-long project too ( as can be clearly seen by the growth of his son over those 2 years.)

Perhaps it's just me, but I was a tad disappointed when I saw him start making the returns on the master to mold/make an R/C model out of it. Had he simply continued to detail the whole aircraft as intricately as the outside, he could have produced a masterful one-of-a-kind, picture-perfect SU-27 model that would be the highlight in any of the finest aviation museums in the world.

• 3 weeks later...

No. The machine has been cutting a job the last two weeks. That project is pretty cool.

I am cutting a topo model of Yellowstone National Park. The finnished size is 15' by 16'. It will end up with an elaborate fiber-optic pattern. The thing is so huge I have to cut it in 12 panels to fit the machine. Each panel takes 30 hours to cut. I'm just now cutting panel number 7.

So it may be a while untill I get some more access to it. It also seems that we finally worked out all the bugs we could find. So I hope to run another test to see if it's really been taken care of.

Also I need to start on the big Galactica model I have been planing all year to do. I may be using the router for some of that too.

No.  The machine has been cutting a job the last two weeks.  That project is pretty cool.

I am cutting a topo model of Yellowstone National Park.  The finnished size is 15' by 16'.  It will end up with an elaborate fiber-optic pattern.  The thing is so huge I have to cut it in 12 panels to fit the machine.  Each panel takes 30 hours to cut.  I'm just now cutting panel number 7.

So it may be a while untill I get some more access to it.  It also seems that we finally worked out all the bugs we could find.  So I hope to run another test to see if it's really been taken care of.

Also I need to start on the big Galactica model I have been planing all year to do.  I may be using the router for some of that too.

334785[/snapback]

So your just going to let them boss you around and do what they want?!?!? Fight the power! Back to work on the VF1! ;)