Misa's Rank during DYRL and Flashback

nanashino

Greetings,

For a long time I wanted to bring this up. We know that after the Macross returns to Earth, Misa gets a promotion from Captain to Major. However, near the end of DYRL there is an animation error which shows her as being a Captain (3 horizontal red bars) then later back to Major (one left vertical red bar and one horizontal red bar). In 2012, she is seen back at 3 bars.... I doubt that she got demoted in rank after being promoted to the position of ship captain for the Megaroad-01. So... is this an error or does the fact that there is a thick black border around the three red bars signify a rank higher than Major?

I have been working on these:

http://doujin.macrossmecha.info/kappa/unspacy_ranks.html

(DYRL and Macross Plus ranks shown)

Ill give a random yet pointless explaination. see misa was out partying with the other bridge bunnies and consuming vast ammounts of alchol when they encountered global. They force global to strip for them but in the process injuring him when he smacked his head on a low beam of the door of the barracks they drag him to. The injury resoluted in a trial for all the bridge bunnies plus misa but misa took all responibity which the tribunal took in account and just demoted misa instead of the manatory death of mutany and assaulting a superior officer.

happy now nash?

I think it's a case of too much time...

as in yours...

:lol:

j/k!

326486[/snapback]

If not for people with too much time on their hands, there wouldn't be much Macross content on the web at all! ;)

Greetings,

For a long time I wanted to bring this up. We know that after the Macross returns to Earth, Misa gets a promotion from Captain to Major. However, near the end of DYRL there is an animation error which shows her as being a Captain (3 horizontal red bars) then later back to Major (one left vertical red bar and one horizontal red bar). In 2012, she is seen back at 3 bars.... I doubt that she got  demoted in rank after being promoted to the position of ship captain for the Megaroad-01. So... is this an error or does the fact that there is a thick black border around the three red bars signify a rank higher than Major?

326082[/snapback]

He has the right to know. :angry:

I think it's a case of too much time...

as in yours...

:lol:

j/k!

326486[/snapback]

If not for people with too much time on their hands, there wouldn't be much Macross content on the web at all! ;)

326630[/snapback]

trust me... I'm sympathetic. I end up reading all this crap anyway... just messing around. ;)

Greetings,

For a long time I wanted to bring this up. We know that after the Macross returns to Earth, Misa gets a promotion from Captain to Major. However, near the end of DYRL there is an animation error which shows her as being a Captain (3 horizontal red bars) then later back to Major (one left vertical red bar and one horizontal red bar). In 2012, she is seen back at 3 bars.... I doubt that she got  demoted in rank after being promoted to the position of ship captain for the Megaroad-01. So... is this an error or does the fact that there is a thick black border around the three red bars signify a rank higher than Major?

326082[/snapback]

He has the right to know. :angry:

326634[/snapback]

Wha--?? It's not as if anyone is witholding information. :huh:

The ranks don't switch between each Macross shows. What you may be experiencing is an incorrect translation or perhaps it is the fact that the forces are integrated.

In each Macross show, the UN Spacy's rank system switches between Navy ranks to Army/Air Force/Marines ranks. In my opinion I think it should be set on the Navy ranks

327911[/snapback]