Gundam.com

As moronic as the "Wingers" can get, they can't compare to fans over at RT.com, especially with comments like these:

Topic: what about the strike veritech

i know you dont see them in robotech, but there still part of that story, i hope Toynami makes it in the near future. - superROB

Topic: wich verotec do you think is beter

i meen trosfuly bosent mater wether you play the game or have seen all moves wich fighter is beter - red barion

The guy on the second post even got pissed at me because I asked him nicely to re-edit his post in simple plain English.

Topic: wich verotec do you think is beter

i meen trosfuly bosent mater wether you play the game or have seen all moves wich fighter is beter - red barion

The guy on the second post even got pissed at me because I asked him nicely to re-edit his post in simple plain English.

DOunds to me like that huy has some kind of serious disability.....

Gundam lame?

Kawamori and friends thought Gundam was cool when they were in school. There was several things in Macross inspired by Gundam.

20% of Gundam is not half bad. The stuff that seems to driving the pre-teens crazy tends to be the lame stuff.

Yeah, Kawamori and co were FREAKIN' GUNDAM OTAKU in their school days.

If I remember correctly, they even had some kind of Gundam fanzine; and Studio Nue got to write one of the most famous Gundam reference books, the infamous Gundam Century.

In my books, Tomino series+Tomino novels=heavenly stuff. Everything else I barely care, especially the comedy "One Year War perpetual rewriting."

And yeah, another vote for a Gundam-related section, in one form or another.

If it's good enough for the Froating Gang, it's good enough for us ;)

SD Gundam is already 100times better then most animes out there, and its a satire, imagine when they put effort into a Gundam show. :D

And I can just imagine how trite and childish the new North American SD show will be. :angry:

Pokegundam, anyone?

Yu Gi Gundam?

SD Gundam is already 100times better then most animes out there, and its a satire, imagine when they put effort into a Gundam show. :D

And I can just imagine how trite and childish the new North American SD show will be. :angry:

Pokegundam, anyone?

Yu Gi Gundam?

Why is it going to be childish? Simply because it is going to have an annoying hyper kid in the cast. :angry:

And besides.... without making fun of itself.... SD Gundam isn't SD Gundam.

Why is it going to be childish? Simply because it is going to have an annoying hyper kid in the cast. :angry:

And worst of all, the Wingers and Poki Go Beyblade kiddies will eat it up. Dark times are ahead, methinks. Perhaps it's better that the Gundam forums are all gone after all. ;)

And worst of all, the Wingers and Poki Go Beyblade kiddies will eat it up. Dark times are ahead, methinks. Perhaps it's better that the Gundam forums are all gone after all. ;)

What? You don't think old Gundam fans can stand kindergarden kids invading their forums to talk about collectable SD Gundam cards? :lol:

What? You don't think old Gundam fans can stand kindergarden kids invading their forums to talk about collectable SD Gundam cards? :lol:

That's a very scary thought.

1 more vote for a Gundam section. Consider it a tribute to the series which is a reason Macross exists.

EDIT: On second thought it would be a bad idea. Imagine tons of kids signing up to MW just to discuss Gundam Wing.... Then getting wind of the rest of the boards!

Edited by Jemstone

Well.... I would vote for that..... if it wasn't for the prospect of getting unwanted attention.... and end up splitting the forum into 2 factions. <_<

here, here on that! on the old forums, people always said this was Macross World. i think a gundam forum here would prove disruptive and tend to attract the CN crowd around here, potentially creating more troubles.

Well.... I would vote for that..... if it wasn't for the prospect of getting unwanted attention.... and end up splitting the forum into 2 factions. <_<

here, here on that! on the old forums, people always said this was Macross World. i think a gundam forum here would prove disruptive and tend to attract the CN crowd around here, potentially creating more troubles.

Yep... and they would poop on the Macross section of the forums. :angry:

well, there is already a gundam CCG, it just never really took off here in the states, especially since there isn't enough story to Wing to do more than two card sets, and the UC stuff seems to go completely over the heads of the kiddies.

and if we're talking about macross characters borrowed from gundam, you can't forget Roy Fokker being a carbon copy of one Slugger Lang from MSG; they even both die tragically (though its admittedly rare for tomimo's characters not to die tragically).

Yep... and they would poop on the Macross section of the forums. :angry:

Not to mention the Robotechies from RT.com or such fans who watched on the CN pissing us off with their Robospeak. :angry:

I got an encounter (when I was looking for some Yammie Valk toys) with a 13-15 year-old guy who was joyous to see the Robotech DVDs because he used to watch it on the Cartoon Network. I politely told him that getting the Macross DVD or Mospeada DVD box sets are much better for him to watch, not to mention showing the Yamato Valkyries on the shop counter. After explaining the best stuff to him, he changed his mind but he has to pass for the time being because he doesn't have the cash right now. I think I did good enough to show what's best. ;)