Sneak Preview - Streak Eagle Valk

Skull-1

This is just a sneak preview. This Valk is seen in the Macross TV series for about three seconds. I just pieced the parts together for a test fit and thought I'd take a picture of it just for fun. I still have some painting to do on it, but at least this gives you an idea of what is coming down the line....

post-4-1064589439_thumb.jpg

Looks like you painted your're in a Cobalt Blue, while the ones in the screen caps look like a darker navy blue. Nice job on airbrushing it though ^_^

Mine is super-dark blue just like the show. The light plays tricks on the camera... Like I said, it was just a quck snap for fun so I wasn't too worried about the lighting.

Give me about a week.... :)

I forget the episode, but it is within the first six (it's probably in Ep. 5 or 6).

Edited by Skull-1

keep it up!

MPC style legs? (rotates at the thigh)

keep the 1/55s customs alive!

i know others are hard at work on their customs too..please post when done =D

Yep. I also have paired gunpods for him. He looks mean wielding two GUs.... :) Did you notice the feet? :) :) Really proud of those.

You haven't seen anything yet. Jake's signature paint scheme (emerald green and sky blue) is nearing completion and it will blow your mind away. (I am currently repainting the fuselage as the clear coat I used ate all the paint off. Talk about peeved, I am.... But it is a gorgeous airplane, better than anything I have done. I searched for two years to find the right color green...

Yeah, the right arm was left off for the photos. I didn't use any screws to hold this thing together. I just stacked the parts up like a jigsaw puzzle to test the fit. I decided to try and take a picture but getting the other arm on was just too much work....

:)

It will be completed soon. I'm having problems finding decals for it, though. I need Anastazi to get back from vacation so I can get some markings for it!

Also, it *is* midnight blue. I have pulled it out and held it next to the TV about fifteen times since everyone started questioning me on it. It is the right color. Why the camera sees it as light blue I cannot say. I did notice that some of the photos I took at the airshow this week look lighter than they are, too. I may have bumped a setting by accident. I shall investigate.

At any rate, it's the right color blue, I swear.

You're taking the photo under bright sunlight -- normally that throws the colour off by quite a bit. You might want to check your exposure settings too.

I know your custom is a darker blue, I just don't know darker by how much.. like the following pic?

EDIT: Stupid me, forgot to adjust the picture size.

post-4-1064944830_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lynx7725

That's pretty close to it.

I will check my camera settings when I take some for real. I tried taking some photos of it indoors but you simply couldn't see any of the details (panel lines, etc.) because it was so dark....

Because the name of the primary character's squadron in "Attention on Deck!" (my novel) is "The Streak Eagles." The Streak Eagle wasn't used for testing IIRC, but record breaking. (I love it when people talk to me like I have no clue about aviation. Hahaha! :) )

http://jaddams.csw.uic.edu/aod/images/Fram...FramtonHO1.html

FramtonHO1.gif

Edited by Skull-1

Because the name of the primary character's squadron in "Attention on Deck!" (my novel) is "The Streak Eagles."  The Streak Eagle wasn't used for testing IIRC, but record breaking. 

I suppose record breaking is more accurate.

(I love it when people talk to me like I have no clue about aviation. Hahaha!  )

No need to get defensive. I was just asking.

Edited by Draykov

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the black that's shown around the canopy on the second "lightened up" picture part of the color scheme or is it a shadow. Probably a dumb question since I'm pretty sure it's part of the color scheme and is similar to existing aircraft marking. I'm doing this custom right now and I wanna be sure. Also, looks like the feet are painted too, huh? Anyways, thanks.