Scope Dog Custom

Sebastian

looks great! I don't think it's too weathered. These guys fight on the ground in dirt and dust etc. I love the paint chipping effect you did too.

Now you can tell me how you did it so it will be easy for me to do mine! :p

Very nice. Weathering looks fine, you could even have got away with more, Votoms mecha will, as you have said, handle a LOT of weathering. I have a Takara 1/24 Scopedog that looks twice as banged up as yours, with rust, dirt and chipped paint by the bucket load It looks like it fell down a cliff, got hit by a truck and then was dragged through a swamp and left out in the rain. :lol:

Heres a pic of mine - link Its a crap photo from my old camera, in real life the weathering is actually more obvious than it appears in this pic.

Edited by Mechmaster

For some reason I read "Scooby Doo" custom, half expecting to see a mystery machine colored Valkyrie....

323574[/snapback]

I thought the same thing. I had to do a double take on the topic. Anyways very nice work. The weather looks very nice as well as the black highlights. Can't wait to see more.

:o fantastic work it looks great from what I see. how big is it? it looks huge in these pictures.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

:o  fantastic work it looks great from what I see.  how big is it? it looks huge in these pictures.

chris

323825[/snapback]

that's the Yamato one. I think he's about 35cm high? Just a bit taller than a 1/48 I guess. Great toy.

That looks awesome!  What did you use?

323573[/snapback]

What do you mean?? Well genearlly I used a 1/12 Scpodog from Yamato. a Chirico Cuvie figure (very nice!! excelent paintob, sculpt, man boobs :lol: and most of all poseability) tamiya paint, thinner. airbrush, brush... and a bunch of moddeling supplies.

For some reason I read "Scooby Doo" custom, half expecting to see a mystery machine colored Valkyrie....

Sorry about that.

Now you can tell me how you did it so it will be easy for me to do mine!  :p

323586[/snapback]

Yeah sure my dear Aussie friend, I am sure we can discuss the right price. :p

Mechmeaster, I cant see the pic of your Dog.  Can you post it?

323942[/snapback]

Odd, the link worked ok when I tried it so I thought I did it right, but no problem, the pic is posted.

I'm also looking forward to shots of the inside, I am so wanting to get one of those Yamato Scopedogs and every new pic of them I see pushes me that much closer to cracking open my piggybank and buying one.

Edit: Replaced the pic with one taken this century.

post-660-1125321961_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mechmaster

That's funny, it is those very pics of Tim Brisko's scopedog that made me wanna customise mine. I'm gonna do mine in a red shoulder version like his. I just finished 3 kits simultaneously on the weekend and this one will be next on the list.

edit - so sebastian you have to tell me the secrets of your great paint chipping technique! *bows*

Edited by Guppy