Need Help ID'ing This Valkyrie Cel

Rider Faiz

So I just won this cel from Mac7 on Ebay. I know it's a VF-17, but for the life of me, I don't remember a Red VF-17 and it's been quite awhile since I've seen Mac7.

Mac7.jpg

Anyone know who the pilot is? Or is it just like a cannon fodder?

If this is in the wrong forum, my appologies.

-RF

It's the Diamond Force Vf-17S repainted red by Millia, she use that to fight when City 7 get lost alone in space.

322977[/snapback]

ahh!! so your that bastid that outbidded me too!! haha, it's cool, I already have two of those. I was hoping to win this one so I can actually have all the cells to go to that one sequence! :D:p:lol:

Add your collections of cells here!:

Cell Collections

She kind of ... re-appropriated... Gamlin's VF-17 after he got her 1J blowed up.

323114[/snapback]

Actually, it's Kinryu's VF-17S (up to that point, Gamlin only had a VF-17D). At the time, Kinryu was laid up in the hospital, making his VF-17S perfect pickings for Milia's machinations. :p

mcr040l.jpg

323176[/snapback]

My mistake.

I remembered Gamlin getting upset about it, and just connected it in my head that it was because she "stole his plane."

Related note: Millia = the hotness.

She kind of ... re-appropriated... Gamlin's VF-17 after he got her 1J blowed up.

323114[/snapback]

Damn, she lost her 1J? Might actually have to try out 7 after all. Which episode? Maybe not though. Dunno if it's worth it...

323196[/snapback]

Dun recall which ep.

But Millia brought her 1J along with the colony mission. And used it a few times in the defense of the city. Thus it pops up in a few episodes.

If I recall, she was injured, and Gamlin borrowed her 1J during an attack because it was the only fighter he could get to.

And then got it blown up in the same episode, after bitching about how slow and unresponsive it was.

I DO recommend watching Macross 7. There's some interesting plot elements in it, even if it DOES implode into a flaming mass of suck in the last few episodes in my opinion.

In teh interest of completeness, it should be mentioned that other opinions are it all comes together in the last few episodes, and that it implodes into a flaming mass of suck instantly upon starting. The latter opinion is held VERY strongly by some people, who will no doubt elaborate on it later in this thread.

It's the Diamond Force Vf-17S repainted red by Millia, she use that to fight when City 7 get lost alone in space.

322977[/snapback]

ahh!! so your that bastid that outbidded me too!! haha, it's cool, I already have two of those. I was hoping to win this one so I can actually have all the cells to go to that one sequence! :D:p:lol:

Cell Collections

323181[/snapback]

DOH! That would have been cool to have them all in sequence.

I have 4 of my cels posted in the other thread now...once I move, I'll take pics of all my other cels...damn addicting lil bastards they are. :p

-RF

And don't forget those of us who think the show is awsome straight from beginning to end!

BTW, if you're cell hunting, don't forget there was also Milia's red VF-11 in the Plus short "Top Gamlin."

And don't forget those of us who think  the show is awsome straight from beginning to end!

BTW, if you're cell hunting, don't forget there was also Milia's red VF-11 in the Plus short "Top Gamlin."

323210[/snapback]

I'm actually one of the few (it seems) to enjoy Mac7...then again it's been a few years since I've seen it and I've only really seen the first half...but I've been downloading the full series for a couple of days now (only about a day left) and I'll be able to watch it again.

I also like the music...very popish rock sure...but it's catchy! :D

But I don't want to turn this thread into another tired Mac7 Rocks/Mac7 sucks thread. I just really wanted info on the cel. Thanks everyone :)

-RF

322977[/snapback]

Cell Collections

323181[/snapback]

DOH! That would have been cool to have them all in sequence.

I have 4 of my cels posted in the other thread now...once I move, I'll take pics of all my other cels...damn addicting lil bastards they are. :p

-RF

323208[/snapback]

yup, they are addicting!! I just started this year too!! Actually my first one cell I bought like two years ago on ebay. It was this one:

First Macross Cell

then I just started buy up like crazy this year! I might end up paying like 200 bucks for one, if I like it enough. ;):D:p:lol:

And don't forget those of us who think  the show is awsome straight from beginning to end!

323210[/snapback]

I'm actually one of the few (it seems) to enjoy Mac7...then again it's been a few years since I've seen it and I've only really seen the first half...but I've been downloading the full series for a couple of days now (only about a day left) and I'll be able to watch it again.

I also like the music...very popish rock sure...but it's catchy! :D

But I don't want to turn this thread into another tired Mac7 Rocks/Mac7 sucks thread. I just really wanted info on the cel. Thanks everyone :)

-RF

323213[/snapback]

I actually enjoyed macross 7, that's why I have mostly macross 7 cells. Well that and because macross 7 cells are cheaper then the older ones. :D:p:lol: