Applying custom Sickters to my 1/48th...

armentage

MAKES ME ANGRY!

I spent 15 minutes searching on the carpet for a small black-text sticker, only to find it glued to my foot...

but my Valk sure does look a lot sweeter, and that's only 4-hours into the stickering process! (cutting out the customs takes time)

How many hours will the whole process take? I'll let you know...

Applying stickers, that's what I hated on my Yamato VF-1 toys :angry: . Hopefully, the 1/60 VF-0S will have a maximum painted details :p

Good luck :)

I totally agree. Cutting those custom stickers and slapping them on a 1/48 is one pain-staking process. If not for the fact that they make the valks look even sweeter, I probably will think twice about having to use 'em :lol::D .

Edited by connor99

MAKES ME ANGRY!

I spent 15 minutes searching on the carpet for a small black-text sticker, only to find it glued to my foot...

but my Valk sure does look a lot sweeter, and that's only 4-hours into the stickering process! (cutting out the customs takes time)

Been There done that as well. :p I've found stickers in my bed room months after detailing a valk. I'ts never taken me over 4 hrs for a single valk. I don't add them all, especially the no step ones. I usually add only a few of them.

... haha! :lol: mate, i can relate to that. :p

I only own two '48s so far and after the first one with all the applied and now peeling Yamato decals i left my other valk (H-1J) un-decaled besides the main ones.

And for the fact it will be displayed with the GBP and the decals won't be seen anyways! ;)

Well, I spent another 3 hours on tuesday and managed to apply about 70% of the stickers to the actualy Valkryie itself.

NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP

I still have about 20 NO-STEPs to go, and various other tiny-little details. Must post some pics tonight!

Well, I spent another 3 hours on tuesday and managed to apply about 70% of the stickers to the actualy Valkryie itself.  

NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP NO STEP

I still have about 20 NO-STEPs to go, and various other tiny-little details.  Must post some pics tonight!

319388[/snapback]

How ironic if the sticker that got stuck to the bottom of your foot actually said "NO STEP".

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I still have about 20 NO-STEPs to go, and various other tiny-little details.  Must post some pics tonight!

319388[/snapback]

Post those pics man!

They are the Takatoys stickers, I bought them from TwinMoons for about $9.99 each (Strike set and the base set)

You're going to find that half of the stickers you need to do the strike pack will come on the base sticker set. THe base set as about 5x as many stickers as the original sticker sheet that came with my VF-1S Roy.

A small magnifying glass helps TONS in trying to identify the stickers on the sheet. Make sure you have a sharp X-acto knife and a cutting board!

I spent most of last night stickering my VF-1S Roy and re-doing the Fast Packs with Roy's makrings using the Takatoys stickers as well.... I do everything except the wing NO STEPs...I LOVE all the little warning texts and such, But I just cant bring myself to do all of those NO STEPs on the wings.... I also added some extra markings to the Striker armor that looks really good.... might have to take a pic...

319388[/snapback]

How ironic if the sticker that got stuck to the bottom of your foot actually said "NO STEP".

:lol::lol::lol:

319425[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH :lol::D:p

Applying all the stickers to a 1/48th is tedious work to say the least. I've only done 2 out of the 7 I own.