Initial D live action Movie

jwinges

I just saw the live action Initial D movie. THought it was pretty good for a hk movie. THey took some license with the plot piecing together races and elements from the first 2 seasons but it wasn't as bad as I though it would be. :D

What did you guys think?

it was so BAD! the only thing that kept me from falling asleep was the cute japanese actress. there was some cool drift scenes, but not worth the ticket price. The plot was bad, the actors/actress were bad, the translation was bad.. I would not recommend this :(

Yep~! It was totally bad! The scene, camera angle - totally ridiculous!! They tried to imitate the anime but failed miserably. daymn....I shouldnt have watched this movie...cuz I thought I could be drawn to watch the anime after I watch this movie...it turned out that the movie ruined my first impression on Initial D anime......dunno, but it just gives me the impression - "there's lots and lots more other better anime out thereee!!" :lol::D:)

aaajin

Edited by aaajin

I pretty much lost interest within the first 15 minutes, and I am an old fan of the drift scene before it became the latest fad. The drifting was mediocre at best - I've seen better in Option Video by far from amateur racers on public streets. The acting was sub-par, and the other thing that bugged me whether fair or unfair was since it was obviously a HK production, I am so used to the Japanese characterizations and mannerisms of the characters so to see them interpreted with Chinese fashion and mannerisms didn't feel right to me.

The one thing I felt was lacking in the anime and is echoed in the movie was the absence of excitement and bad pacing.

It's not a great or good movie, but it was atleast ok. This is a HK production live action racing movie so I didn't have any high expectations of it in the first place. I saw lots of HK/JP live action racing movies and most of them were blahhhh. And believe it or not this Initial D movie (racing theme) is consider one of the better ones out :)

But they really need to have more Drifting,, that AE86 needed to drift more. The Pacing seems somewhat out of place from time to time. Need more close up shots and angle shots. The background music doesn't fit some of the parts, and it even stopped in the middle where there should be continous. The acting wasn't all that good either.

The asian girls seem to like it because there's some hot guys in it. (Jay and Edison)

The guys will watch it because it's either a racing theme, live Anime, or because they know the girls would watch it too.

There's japanese, Taiwanese, Cantonese actors, so its easier for them to promote this movie in those region , I guess.

It was a ok movie :)

Lets just say I enjoyed this movie more than a recent US movie that Bombed.

I actually like it a lot, but I wasn't trying to compare it with Anime or manga version. The story was good as it covered all the major plots in anime that I thought were good. Most of the race scenes were good. And in some parts, the show creates a lot of very funny moments.

I speak cantonese so I can understand the whole movie fully, and that I believe that become a problem with non-cantonese speaking world.

BTW, I hate the music, it is so bad....

Hmm, most of your un-favorable reviews sound like you're just describing 2Fast2Furious... :p

318686[/snapback]

My fault, thought u meant Tenacious D! lol

It's not a great or good movie, but it was atleast ok.  This is a HK production live action racing movie so I didn't have any high expectations of it in the first place.  I saw lots of HK/JP live action racing movies and most of them were blahhhh.  And believe it or not this Initial D movie (racing theme) is consider one of the better ones out :)

But they really need to have more Drifting,, that AE86 needed to drift more.  The Pacing seems somewhat out of place from time to time.  Need more close up shots and angle shots. The background music doesn't fit some of the parts, and it even stopped in the middle where there should be continous.  The acting wasn't all that good either.

The asian girls seem to like it because there's some hot guys in it. (Jay and Edison)

The guys will watch it because it's either a racing theme, live Anime, or because they know the girls would watch it too.

There's japanese, Taiwanese, Cantonese actors, so its easier for them to promote this movie in those region , I guess.

It was a ok movie :)

Lets just say I enjoyed this movie more than a recent US movie that Bombed.

318612[/snapback]

Have you seen Jackie Chan's Thunderbolt ? That's the only HK racing movie that I approve to be the best~!

aaajin