George Lucas now wants to rape your adulthood...

See, this is where I diverge from the Lucas-hating crowd. . .

What's the big deal? As long as he's making new stuff rather than going back and mangling old already beloved stuff, I don't see an issue.

Let him do what he wants. And if it's good, we'll watch it.

George Lucas getting into anime = good!

Goerge Lucas re-making Macross = bad!

;)

H

See, this is where I diverge from the Lucas-hating crowd. . .

What's the big deal?  As long as he's making new stuff rather than going back and mangling old already beloved stuff, I don't see an issue.

Let him do what he wants.  And if it's good, we'll watch it.

George Lucas getting into anime = good!

Goerge Lucas re-making Macross = bad!

;)

H

316990[/snapback]

You see guys! I told you he was ok!

You..Hurin!

This is good, but what is best in life?

317013[/snapback]

Hmmm, I'd have to go with. . .

"Not giving in to the 'Cult of AgentONE' by refusing to sycophantically recite Conan lines for him at his command."

:p

H

You..Hurin!

This is good, but what is best in life?

317013[/snapback]

Hmmm, I'd have to go with. . .

"Not giving in to the 'Cult of AgentONE' by refusing to sycophantically recite Conan lines for him at his command."

:p

H

317049[/snapback]

Well they DO say, if you like carsasm, have kids. Go to your room!

Well they DO say, if you like carsasm, have kids.  Go to your room!

317316[/snapback]

:huh: Is that what happens when my car gets too excited?

317343[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

Yes, cars usually get excited when I come around.

"A lot of (Asia) is still trying to move into the 3D age. I set up a plan to speed up the process and to build up the community there. I also look at this as a way to get my foot into anime," he said.

That was an incomplete quote. The whole sentence was "I also look at this as a way to get my foot into anime, which I like".

Television is also new frontier for the use of digital tools, he said.

I don't recall him saying that. He only said that shooting and producing digitally will cut cost down dramatically and that the live action SW TV series will be experimental in that sense like Young Indiana Jones was.

I am amazed that AP "report" did not even mention The Presidio, which was mentioned several times in the course of the Q&A.

What is rather strange is that he wants to bring fully computer animated productions to Japan.  The japanese market has been exposed to fully computer generated productions for over a deacde, but the market has clearly shown the lasting preference for traditional, japanese cell animation.  He has his work cut out for him.

316627[/snapback]

I don't believe that the market has seen a 'cell' animation for well over 5 years, especially since well over 99% of it has been digital to begin with. Lucas will be in for a very nasty surprise when he does his research.

I'm betting he'll first try some lame americanized samurai movie/show(ala Kill Bill) and God help us if he gets ahold of the EVA movie rights. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I just don't see him being able to connect enough at a social level in order to get the asian markets attention beyond his namesake.

There's an idea:

George lucas can make Star Wars Hentai series. With C3P0 being raped by R2. All done in 3d with alternate angles to choose from using the latest CG techniques.

Or they could have a 3d princess leia with chains in a dungeoun and the Huts have a big alien orgy inviting the biggest alien crime bosses around the galaxy to come to his place for some fun with the princess. eww

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I wasn't one of the ones who was against it.

I think people are afraid 3d will take over the 2d and we won't see 2d anymore. I suggest a balance would be best where so long as the effects don't stick out like a sore thumb, then it can only enhance the experience.

I think the last cg tv show I watched was captain scarlet. The car scenes and dogfighting in that was actually very nicely done. The sense of speed and movement and realism with vehicles and stuff (like you are up there with the characters) was done well. Same with the CG in macross plus and zero. I think anything Sci-fi can only benefit as long as fx are done properly.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker