Macross Yamato 1/48 series

Agent-GHQ

How do you tell whether its a re-releases for the Yamato 1/48 series. What are the distinctive characteristics from the 1st to the last re-released? Please list the details as much as possible. Thanks everyone.

Edited by Agent-GHQ

How do you tell whether its a re-releases for the Yamato 1/48 series. What are the distinctive characteristics from the 1st to the last re-released? Please list the details as muich as possible. Thanks everyone.

316480[/snapback]

Typically the re-releases have the nosecone stabilization fix (i.e. the tabs that make it so the nosecone doesn't fall off when a moth coughs in Wisconsin).

The boxes don't have the paper-ripping velcro tabs on the lids anymore.

The wing flaps are a little more stable as well (i.e. see moth comment above).

Also, minor issues like crooked pilot seats and paint issues appear to be better than before.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I think this covers the big differences.

A compact, high quality box would be great. I'd pay good money for custom-made boxes in the style of say..ahem...the robotech masterpiece "books" (only much better and with less Tommy Yune artwork).

But this is Yamato, so the flimsy cardboard gigantism will continue. :angry:

Pilots for the first 1/48s were made with rigid, glossy plastic. I'm not sure about all the re-releases, but later 1/48s have "gummy" pilots that are all squishy, yet firm.

316596[/snapback]

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Gummmmmmmmmmy.

Squishhhhhhhhhhhhhy.

Firrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmm.

[/drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool]

The boxes don't have the paper-ripping velcro tabs on the lids anymore.

Also, minor issues like crooked pilot seats and paint issues appear to be better than before.

Actually Pilot seat became worse as the production went on. I think the crooked pilot seat started appearing first when the Max 1J came out. I have 3 Roys 3rd Issue and all of them have crooked pilot seats. As for the Skull on the tailfin for the 3rd Issue Roy, its slightly off but not that noticeable compared to the 1st Issue. I don't think anyone will notice it without close inspection.

Also, from what I remember some members received 2nd Reissue Roys with the Velcro tabs. Probably the first few that went out.

Edited by Valk-1S