Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles

MGREXX

What do you think of the Trailer?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Trailer?

• Has potential (might watch it)
    • Loved it (defenetly watching it)
    • Hated it (next!!!!)
    • Thought it was stupid (H.G. screwing things up again)
    • Still won't watch it because it's Robotech
    • Might watch it if it's released in Japan as a MOSPEADA sequel

oh and btw, I find it amusing that some of you are knocking the quality of the animation and comparing it to other anime when it just went into it's post production phase and is still 4 months away.

Remember that the real magic happens in post production and is so far looking great!!!!!  You purists and Robotech haters are just too much.

316972[/snapback]

Whoah.... don't get all defensive over robotech now... you're just as guilty of the same thing.

First of all, the DVD is just for the movie, there is a series right? And second, you can praise that this is groundbreaking just from pre production but people can't critisize? And you just ignored the compliments we gave it? Let's face it, you're just trolling for the negativity. You're the one that can't let it go.

Troll.

oh and btw, I find it amusing that some of you are knocking the quality of the animation and comparing it to other anime when it just went into it's post production phase and is still 4 months away.

Remember that the real magic happens in post production and is so far looking great!!!!!  You purists and Robotech haters are just too much.

316972[/snapback]

so you admit its totally unfinished looking... Then what are you stroking your pole over?

316972[/snapback]

so you admit its totally unfinished looking... Then what are you stroking your pole over?

316984[/snapback]

That's just it. it's work in progress, yet it already looks great!!!!!!

Yet, you and some others are treating it like it's finished.

Edited by MGREXX

316972[/snapback]

316984[/snapback]

316988[/snapback]

Yeah, not so much. It looks fine, just nothing special. Way behind MZero or Stand Alone Complex.

316972[/snapback]

316984[/snapback]

316988[/snapback]

Yeah, not so much. It looks fine, just nothing special. Way behind MZero or Stand Alone Complex.

316989[/snapback]

There you go comparing it again like it's finished.

IT'S NOT FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What part of post production is so hard to understand????

316972[/snapback]

316984[/snapback]

316988[/snapback]

316989[/snapback]

There you go comparing it again like it's finished.

IT'S NOT FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What part of post production is so hard to understand????

316991[/snapback]

Ok dude.. Not finished, we established that. Its still nothing to write home about. I saw prelim MZero stuff a few years ago and it was WAY beyond where Shadow is.

316972[/snapback]

316984[/snapback]

316988[/snapback]

can you see the one-sidedness and stupidity of your posts? if you're looking for blind praise go back to RT.com. You're not gonna get it here.

Edited by >EXO<

316972[/snapback]

316984[/snapback]

316988[/snapback]

can you see the one-sidedness and stupidity of your posts? if you're looking for blind praise go back to RT.com. You're not gonna get it here.

316994[/snapback]

Yep. I am more than willing to give this thing a chance, but I am not going to run around like a half-jacked-off dog about it. Just admit it, its nothing special thus far.

When I was a kid, New Line Cinema was on its last legs, then they released this obscure movie called Nightmare on Elm Street that people said would never work. Without that miracle, that same studio would have never been around to back the LOTR Trilogy, which was also in doubt early on for budgetary reasons.

CSI, IIRC was turned down by two networks for being 'too complicated' for the average viewer. Now is a bonafide franchise thats spawned tons of offshoots and bad rip offs.

JK Rowling was turned down IIRC over 30-40 separate times by publishing houses for her first Harry Potter book. She had to use initials instead of her first name because publishers feared the connatations of a woman's children book author. Now shes the richest woman in the UK.

I'm not saying Shadow Chronicles will be the next T2 or even the next Ninja Scroll, I'm saying lets wait and see. If we have no expectations either way, the best we got is being pleasantly surprised, always nice to have. At worst, we all get new toys, and we all love new toys, for a series we aren't so happy with.

This series is a chance to bring in a whole new generation of Macross fans, people who will look it up online and realize more about the original series and all the offshoot series. New fans who will give longevity to the series in general. I'm not a huge fan of all things Robotech either, but even I have to accept that without it, there would be alot fewer US based Macross fans in general. For the Macross SDF purists, maybe it helps to see anything Robotech as a starter franchise for younger fans to ease them into later storylines that are more complex and provoking. For the Robotech purists, you guys are getting a whole new series that answers long awaited questions, who cares what anyone else thinks?

I have a hard time seeing this as anything but a win/win for everyone.

The old music during the video gave me the chills. I'm hoping for the best for this series.

317001[/snapback]

Well put DH... But so far as I have seen, no one has discounted the new series on this thread, ok maybe one or two, if I missed it. All I've seen was more or less "I'll give it a shot" The problem is a certain trolling RTpurist(?) is trying to cheerlead a wave of applause. The thing is we're all sci-fi fans. Which of us doesn't want to see a good space war series. No one expected it from Battlestar Galactica. There were a lot of critism here on the boards before. But the majority became fans and was able to set aside all prejudice. I don't think Robotech has to worry about critism now. All it has to do is be better then what the cynics are expecting. Right?

EXO-

You just need to go and climb back into the primordial hole you crawled out of. This thread was just fine until you came along and brought your stupid, idiotic and childish comments but then again, that is your M.O., isn't it.

You should really go and instead play with Agent one's ass instead of poking your nose in matters that are beyond your intellectual level. Btw, AgentOne, your mom says hi!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

EXO-

You just need to go and climb back into the primordial hole you crawled out of.  This thread was just fine until you came along and brought your stupid, idiotic and childish comments but then again, that is your M.O., isn't it.

You should really go and instead play with Agent one's ass instead of poking your nose in matters that are beyond your intellectual level.  Btw, AgentOne, your mom says hi!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

317122[/snapback]

Oh yeah... that's adult... actually it was your trolling that screwed up your own thread, insisting that we praise it instead of giving out honest opinions. Try quoting me next time so you can prove your point. :rolleyes:

Oh man another flame war, come on guys we're all, at least those I've met in person, resonably intelligent mature adults, don't let one person, you know who you are, ruin it. What most people are saying at this point is that it doesn't look spectacular but that they will give it a chance, maybe the person getting upset that we don't fawn all over it should think about that instead of out right attacking. Heck even A1 has been pretty moderate and open minded thus far, for A1 that is. Also, how can anyone be called a robotech purist, as Robotech is anything but pure?

EXO-

You just need to go and climb back into the primordial hole you crawled out of.  This thread was just fine until you came along and brought your stupid, idiotic and childish comments but then again, that is your M.O., isn't it.

You should really go and instead play with Agent one's ass instead of poking your nose in matters that are beyond your intellectual level.  Btw, AgentOne, your mom says hi!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

317122[/snapback]

hello MG-WREck,

post-1785-1123127205.gif

Edited by aaajin

You should really go and instead play with Agent one's ass instead of poking your nose in matters that are beyond your intellectual level. Btw, AgentOne, your mom says hi!!!!!!

Oooh boy now you've done it.

A1 being as patient as he was wouldn't let you off this time...... :ph34r:

Its ironic that the troll derails his own thread , directing flames at himself. I'm sure most people here are looking at Shadow Chronicles with an open mind. ;)

People, just continue with the topic and ignore the troll. Hopefully it'll disappear. :p

I hear a lot of sizzle but I have yet to see the steak.

To me the story is everything. Until I hear of the finer points of the story and see how the show "flows" all the pretty pictures in the world will not convince me it will be good. The original Robotech had the benefit of basically lifting three already written and quite good stories and simply gluing them together. I fear this new show will hilight the weakness in their writers and it will quickly fall into either stale repetition or shallow traditional american cartoon show fare.

After all, they have lifted the ship designs, lifted the general plot and lifted a good helping of everything else from the original show... I just fear writing on caliber with a horrid high schooler's fan fic.

I'll watch the first epp or so but if it sucks on ice then off it goes.

EXO-

317122[/snapback]

You notice how when you finally made a decent thread (the Rockstar thread), things actually went somewhat ok? Now you go back to your ass-ness here and have to go attacking people... so I go back to what I originally said:

BAD MONKEY FOR POSTING WITHOUT PERMISSION! :ph34r:

Now go wash the sand out of your crotch, change your huggies, build a bridge and f-ing get over it. You're just mad because we aren't humping the nearest tree because we're not as excited about this as you are.

EXO-

317122[/snapback]

Woah! A 'mom' joke!! Is your Master's Degree in making jokes, because that one just pwned!

EXO-

317122[/snapback]

With all of this insightful banter you spout off, it's a wonder you have not been banned yet.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Well I just watched it and it was hell to download. Here is what I think:

1. Animation isnt bad. Needs improvement especially on the laser effects. Looks like GitS TV series but a couple of steps down. Mixing the animation with CG, nothing really new but still looks decent. But it ain't ground breaking.

2. Storyline seems fishy but all we saw was some scenes. To me there was alot of stuff they seem to redo NG like in the beginning of the assault with Scott and Marlene. Then we see scenes of the new ppl. At this point I dunno if this will be a Scott Benard for the continuation. For right now it remains to be seen.

3. Acting/Voices - no improvement there. Just marginally better than the dub overs in Robotech.

I would like to see a couple of episodes before I make judgement.

And some comments to Mgrexx: please grow up. We are all adults here. This forum is free for all to comment whether it is good or bad unlike the HG nazis who controls the forum. Settle down and stop acting childish if things do not go your way. People respect you more when you can take criticism. Just some friendly advice.