just wanted to know:

jorawar_b

just wanted to know if anyone ever bought a super scale? Also since Oct 31 is down the road, is there a place that sell macross customes, I have a 2 year old boy and I woul dlike to get him something different.

HUH?  :huh:

316298[/snapback]

I saw this magazine in Crystal mall, in Vancouver, British Columbia a while back, and it had these kids with the macross rick humter helmet and outfit, I really didn't think anything of it, until my wife wanted to know if I had any ideas for a costume for my kid for holloween.

I don't think anyone on this board bought the Toynami Super Scale Veritech Battloid, I believe they were priced in the $3,000 to $5,000.00 range and were extremely poor sculpts / deformed and a fixed pose. They were mostly aimed at being sold as store displays, so if someone picked one up from an out of business gaming store or something, that wouldn't surprise me, but paying retail would just feel bad.

If you do a search you wil probably be able to find that "realistic" nice helmets and chest armor were sold on a very limited run last year in Japan only, they are essentially collector's items only though that really not feasible for a child costume. You would probably be looking at the better part of a grand on the secondary market if you could find them. That isn't to say that you can't do it, but it will probably be a little expensive :p

If you check some of the Cosplay sites you can find pictures of people that have done custom flight suits, maybe that will give you and your wife some inspiration and you could work together to put something together for the little fella.

Good luck

I've seen one of the super-scale veritechs in person, at AnimeNation, and it's not so nice. It's one thing to drop a pile of money on a big robot, but for all its size it's actually less detailed than even their MPC toys.

I think you could probably make your own for a lot less and have it be better. I usually don't hammer on Toynami like some other folks tend to do, but I don't know what they were thinking with this one.

I don't know about Robotech, but last year or the year before, there was a 1/1 scale Valk pilot helmet that was going for $1000 or something like that...can't seem to find any pictures though. Searched the main site and couln't find it listed under toys or models.

I don't know about Robotech, but last year or the year before, there was  a 1/1 scale Valk pilot helmet that was going for $1000 or something like that...can't seem to find any pictures though.  Searched the main site and couln't find it listed under toys or models.

316529[/snapback]

Just look in the pics of the last MWCon and you'll see them there. The helmets belong to Xstoys. Just use the search function.

Plus the back pack is also on some of those pics.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I always wanted to dress my nephew up as a GBP for halloween.  Too expensive too get all that foam and putty it up... by the time it's finished he'll be too embarrased to wear it for his prom.

316549[/snapback]

*sigh* you always like to dress up your nephew. Is that what you do in your spare time? <_<:D:p:lol:

I always wanted to dress my nephew up as a GBP for halloween.  Too expensive too get all that foam and putty it up... by the time it's finished he'll be too embarrased to wear it for his prom.

316549[/snapback]

*sigh* you always like to dress up your nephew. Is that what you do in your spare time? <_<:D:p:lol:

316551[/snapback]

I think you're confusing me with your uncle... :o:lol:

316549[/snapback]

316551[/snapback]

316553[/snapback]

no, actually I got it right. I've seen your malnutritioned nephew. He has that look on his face, "please help me!!!" :D:p:lol:

316549[/snapback]

316551[/snapback]

316553[/snapback]

no, actually I got it right. I've seen your malnutritioned nephew. He has that look on his face, "please help me!!!" :D:p:lol:

316571[/snapback]

Stop checking out my nephew big perv, you're just like your uncle. :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by >EXO<

can anyone remember the bmx crash helmet "integra" series?

a particular visor attachment for it with a little modification wo

make it look similar to a vf helmet?? (the crown is made of

either blue or red plastic but the sides is wrapped around it

is in a similar shape to a vf helmet..disturbing..)

cannot find pics but remember these suckers were

made in the early 90's

anyone got a pic?