GANTZ. This isn't one for the kiddies.

Is the full anime out on DVD yet?  I've been wanting to check it out for a while now.

315775[/snapback]

ADV has already released 7 DVD's covering the first 16 episodes.

I don't think they've released the second set at the moment.

I adore gantz from the moment I first read it couldn't stop I read from the beginning to like chapter 180 in a day or two. The authors style is by far one of the most... unque I've seen he takes a picture of a area and like manga's it up... then puts the characters in. And how fluid the manga is is absolutly insane there are no confusing fights because every single movement is seen. But this makes it a problem for when you get caught up since each chapter is 15-20 pages the fluidness will make it seem like 2 seconds :S.

But as for the plot... well its rather left as a mystery the entire thing so far and is more about the characters growths through these life and death situations.

Although I must say this is not for the weak stomached... the gore level is similar to Berserk if not more graphic at times.

:)

I loved this anime (get the uncut version if you can), and have read the Manga up to Chapter 204 or so. Very adult in nature if you're into that. Quite a ride for the main character, Kei.

Action, violence, aliens, psychic powers, sex, GANTZ RULES!

The manga is one of the best I've ever read.

The story is really hard on the poor characters. You never know how things are going to turn out so your always at the edge of your seat. If you can, pick up the manga.

The manga is one of the best I've ever read.

The story is really hard on the poor characters. You never know how things are going to turn out so your always at the edge of your seat. If you can, pick up the manga.

315820[/snapback]

THIS place has ALL the mangas (updated up to #208).

http://stoptazmo.com/gantz/

Just be nice and don't rape it all at once.

:)

I love Gantz, when I first found the manga I read all that had been released in one night. The characterizations are just great, and the action is top-notch gory.

Well I've been following the manga version since it came out and it's frankly 'Junk', until you hit the 150+ and then a sembalance of a plotline kicks into gear. It's mostly the author's standard 'stroke material' until then and even then it doesn't lessen. It's pretty much just a gory version of DragonBall and Naruto sans being in an SF genre instead.

In a way it's kinda like HunterXHunter except drawn better.

I do like how the manga's author deals with repeative places & items though! All 3d baby!!! :lol:

What't the point of the sex in this show? Does it actually add to the story somehow or is it there just as pointless sense to give certain viewers something to watch and to keep coming back? Or for the show to be known for something?

Seriously, when peopel were talking about the show when it first started, that was all that was refered to. I never heard anything at all about the characters or the storyline. Just that people seemed to refer to nothing bu tthe violence and the sex that took place.

Well I mean in the show there is like one sex scene... and I mean I think it does add to the show cause well thats the main characer and seeing how he grows *never seen in the anime* from when him and lara bang until the tae mission is astounding. So I mean yeah... I think that sex scene and all his horny antics with kishimoto were actually plot driven... and fan service:P