Where is best place to buy MR Star Wars Blasters

The Master Replicas ANH Solo is long, long gone and your chances of getting one for anything near retail price are between slim to none. However there are still some unlicensed copies out there for good prices. Check THIS site out for both the ANH hero and the "Greedo Killer" version.

You know, I didn't notice till now but that blaster really looks like the old standard issue Nazi pistol....can't remember its name for the life of me....but it looks just like it just a replaced nozzle.

Mauser? ;)

Almost all of the Star Wars blasters from the OT were converted from surplus firearms..... I actually dont know if any weren't... they used old military stuff for props all over the films... the Star Wars magazing did a really nice set of details about this once... interesting to see how ingeneous some of it was.

EDITed for historical neutrality so as to not mess up the time periods.... (thanks JsArclight.)

Edited by promethuem5

Yeah the solo pistol is basically a broomhandle mauser with a bolt on flash hider and a tilted scope. If you really wanted you could make an actual firing pistol that looks just like that. They changed nothing on the broomhandle mauser other than add things.

[nitpick] Oh and the broomhandle mauser is from before the first world war [/nitpick]

I've heard lots of good things about the Blast-Tech parts. It seems that many of the "prop people" use his parts to make their own replicas. His finished blasters seem good too, although his ANH hero is missing the bull barrel. I only recently found the link to sjsmodelsandprops.com, but again I found it through the replica prop forums and if its good enough for them, then I don't think casual fans like us would have any complaints. To my eyes, his ANH hero is superior to the Blast Tech, but only by a narrow margin.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

Anyone else here have blaster experience?

I've heard lots of good things about the Blast-Tech parts. It seems that many of the "prop people" use his parts to make their own replicas. His finished blasters seem good too, although his ANH hero is missing the bull barrel. I only recently found the link to sjsmodelsandprops.com, but again I found it through the replica prop forums and if its good enough for them, then I don't think casual fans like us would have any complaints. To my eyes, his ANH hero is superior to the Blast Tech, but only by a narrow margin.

309600[/snapback]

I picked up my MR Stormtrooper Blaster off E-Bay a couple weeks ago, they are going to be your best bet for a below retail price. Master Replicas official site put the Stormie Blaster back up for sale last week, it was still up yesterday for $400.00 instead of $499.00. I believe that www.thesabervault.com still has them in stock, albeit at full retail, but the guy that operates the store is really highly regarded on several of the star wars message boards as a fantastic dealer.

Good Luck