Macross II altenative universe?

lilcris

I saw Macross II and after seeing Macross Plus (loved that one!) I was really dissapointed about this OVA/movie. On the animeondvd site it said that it is a sequel to the original then said it's an alternate universe timeline. So what is it officially, is it cannon and come after the TV series? If so does it happen before or after Plus?

for some reason my computer keeps getting a funny screen saying i must enter a password everytime i click on this thread . :unsure:

Edited by zeo-mare

for some reason my computer keeps getting a funny screen saying i must enter a password everytime i click on this thread . :unsure:

It's lilcris's avatar. Its making us access a webpage with a password prompt to see the picture. <_<

i do not see a avatar at all for him, i wonder why it is not showing up for me :unsure:

I saw Macross II and after seeing Macross Plus (loved that one!) I was really dissapointed about this OVA/movie. On the animeondvd site it said that it is a sequel to the original then said it's an alternate universe timeline. So what is it officially, is it cannon and come after the TV series? If so does it happen before or after Plus?

Has absolutely nothing to do with Plus. It is officially not officially part of the Studio Nue timeline (it is officially Macross but is not part of the official Studio Nue timeline).

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/chronol...hort/index.html

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/chronol..._nue/index.html

Also, Macross II takes place in 2080. Macross Plus takes place in 2040 so MII is well ahead of M+, from a chronological point of view.

Macross II is approximately 80 years after 2009, Macross plus is in the 2040, Macross II is a non-studio nue story so it isn't canon, Macross 7 its the real SDFM sequel and comes after Macross plus in the timeline.

The last story in the timeline its the videogame Macross VFX-2 (2050) its also canon like M+ and M7.

The videogames Macross M3 and VFX are canon stories too.

You mean to ask if it is CANON, not CANNON.

saying what you mean is important.

You mean to ask if it is CANON, not CANNON.

saying what you mean is important.

You knew what I MEANT! :angry:

has nothing to do with original story, but it is considered an alternate universe, originally it was stated that it was the sequel, but that was before shoji cameback with mac plus and said that mac 2 isnt part of his timeline, then things got all screwy about the subject

Forget about that, did anyone know that there was going to be a live action Macross movie to be filmed here in the US., back in 1996. it was put on permanent pre-porduction hiatus. Hmmm, I wonder if our friends at Harmony Gold had something to do with it being put on hiatus. <_<Macross Final Outpost

Edited by VF-18S Hornet