Topher Grace to be 'Spidey 3' villain

Topher Grace to be 'Spidey 3' villain

Friday, May 20, 2005 Posted: 1:18 PM EDT (1718 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- "That '70s Show" star Topher Grace has joined the lineup of "Spider-Man 3," in which he will play one of two villains.

The film's distributor, Columbia Pictures, declined to give further details about his role.

Grace joins Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco, all of whom starred in the first two films. Thomas Haden Church ("Sideways") also has been cast.

"Spider-Man 3" directed by Sam Raimi, is scheduled for release May 4, 2007. The "Spider-Man" film franchise has grossed more than $1.5 billion worldwide for Columbia.

This week, Grace made his onscreen exit from Fox's "That '70s Show," on which he starred for the past seven years. His feature work includes "In Good Company" and "Traffic," and memorable cameos in "Ocean's Eleven" and "Ocean's Twelve."

He leaves Donna for THIS??? What a maroon!

Actually I'm more interested in seeing it now that Topher is gonna be in it. As out of place as it may be, everytime I see him in a movie he comes off as really amusing. Traffic, Oceans 11 and 12, and In Good Company... good god, he's made out with both Laura Prepon and Scarlett Johannsen... curse him and Zach Braff!

anybody know where I can watch the last episode of that 70's show? So is that the last one for good? No more that 70's show? or are they just gonna show it without topher grace? :huh:

anybody know where I can watch the last episode of that 70's show? So is that the last one for good? No more that 70's show? or are they just gonna show it without topher grace? :huh:

Eric left for Africa. The show is still going on next year.

Topher Grace as a villian.... uh ya...Who will he be? The Nancy Boy or Dumbass.

Why... Professor Asshat, of course. :rolleyes:

He plays an evil Spidey clone and they battle it out for which one is the most skinny and nerdish.

What the. In fact, I can see him as a Peter Parker more than anything.

-Al

That's what I was thinking... Actually, I think they could find a role for either Donna or Jackie (forget their real names) in Spiderman 3. They'd make nice 'villians'... :) If not, put them in X-Men 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, I just watched Spiderman2 for the first time, yeah took me long enough. Clearly Hobgoblin will be in 3, plus what about Peter Parker's professer, one arm and all, isn't that the Lizard???

Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace... I dunno, THC could play a bunch of guys, I'm still perplexed at Topher Grace though.

All I know is my favorite Spidey nemesis is Kraven, and he doesn't seem to be in the line-up.

Wow, I thought sure Ass-ton Kutcher would be the first to bail on that show.

actually...i can see woody playing carnage... woody, not topher...

what if topher ends up being hydro-man? well then again, since this is topher, his body type would be better suited for maybe the hob-goblin, volture, or some sorta squany villian...

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!