262 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you going to get?

• xBOX360
    • Nintendo Revulotion
    • PS3
    • None
    • More than one
    • Can't think about games, Agent ONE is just so sexy, its distracting

Final Fight...As for shooters? It's a toss-up between Einhander and Gradius Gaiden, although I royally suck at both...

Edited by myk

I also love other shooters : Gradius-II, Axelay, Darius-II, Darius Twin and SD Gundam-II (SD Z Gundam) but for R-Type games was way too hard especially R-Type-II although the SNES ver. had a very good sound track.

So there was project for Thunder Force-VI ?! Anyone who loves this franchise at least must get the Sega Satrun TF collection Gold Pack-1 (TF-II, TF-III) even if you don`t a Saturn unit at least just for the Audio track.

I also love other shooters : Gradius-II, Axelay, Darius-II, Darius Twin and SD Gundam-II (SD Z Gundam) but for R-Type games was way too hard especially R-Type-II although the SNES ver. had a very good sound track. 

So there was project for Thunder Force-VI ?! Anyone who loves this franchise at least must get the Sega Satrun TF collection Gold Pack-1 (TF-II, TF-III) even if you don`t a Saturn unit at least just for the Audio track.

362683[/snapback]

Yes, it was a Dreamcast game that wasn't completed, though most of the music was done, and you can find the CGI intro online. The artwork showed the original Fire Leos and the Earth creations Gauntlet and Vambrace together with the new Fire Leo VI which looks like a hybrid between the Fire Leo and the Vambrace.

There's a rumor floating around that TechnoSoft is rehiring staff and wants to return. TF6 would be their first title for an un named console.

I have the Gold Pack One, but I missed out on the Gold Pack 2. Ebay will cost me around $100. I blame myself for thinking I would pick it up later back when it came out.

I liked Einhander a lot (my copy was damged by a friend). I also loved the Aleste games on the 16 bit systems too.

I skipped NES 85-87 due to IMHO the good games being few and far between.  Yes, there was Mario and Zelda and Metroid...

362449[/snapback]

Three of the greatest games ever made...

362625[/snapback]

I've got trouble getting into Metroid 1 now. The fact that the first thing I have to do is farm life pellets to run my energy up drives me mad.

There's also a very high damage rate, but if I resurrected with full life, or there was even a fast way to refill it(everyone knows the path to the fairy north of the first screen in Zelda 1), I wouldn't mind.

As it is... I'll take Super Metroid any day.

I skipped NES 85-87 due to IMHO the good games being few and far between.  Yes, there was Mario and Zelda and Metroid...

362449[/snapback]

362625[/snapback]

I've got trouble getting into Metroid 1 now. The fact that the first thing I have to do is farm life pellets to run my energy up drives me mad.

There's also a very high damage rate, but if I resurrected with full life, or there was even a fast way to refill it(everyone knows the path to the fairy north of the first screen in Zelda 1), I wouldn't mind.

362691[/snapback]

plus all the rooms in metroid looks alike so I end up going around in circles.

362449[/snapback]

362625[/snapback]

362691[/snapback]

plus all the rooms in metroid looks alike so I end up going around in circles.

362767[/snapback]

Heh.

I used to have that issue too.

Developed a better gaming sense of direction since then, and I can get around Zebes 8-bit style now, when I care to.

I was searching through the net about any info for Thunder Force-VI but found this :  

http://liberty-hp.ddo.jp/tf/thunderfuture/  

http://www.sega-16.com/Feature-%20Thunder%20Force.htm

362762[/snapback]

Yeah, those 2 have been around for awhile. The first is a fan project. The second is just info and shows the original TF 6 album (the re-release has more tracks including some from TF-4 & 5, as well as ending music from the games).

Edited by Gaijin

So guys any of you still have favorite game of all time ?  :)

362355[/snapback]

Can we expand the question to include favorites in different genres? Automobili- Lamborghini on the N64 for racing...

That was cute. Come to think of it, there should be a "versus" game featuring trademark characters, battling it out Mario Party Style...

362449[/snapback]

362625[/snapback]

362691[/snapback]

Yeh, out of ALL the Metroids old and new Super Metroid is definitely at the top of my list. It definitely had everything you'd expect and more from any Metroid game, it actually sucked to beat it because you only get to enjoy having every weapon and the suits for so long before the game is over.

I loved Zero Mission, but yeah, a port or update of Super Metroid would be most excellent. With the quality of 2D graphics the DS has, I hope the rumours of a 2D DS Metroid game come true.

I loved Zero Mission, but yeah, a port or update of Super Metroid would be most excellent. With the quality of 2D graphics the DS has, I hope the rumours of a 2D DS Metroid game come true.

365037[/snapback]

Mmmm...

I like seeing sprite/tile games in general on modern systems. They just have so much more raw power than the older ones in every respect.

The Saturn was the last great sprite powerhouse in that it had signifigant work on the 2D graphics hardware, but the Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube, and XBox are all at least as capable as the Saturn was, even with a smaller feature set and less optimization.

And modern poly hardware is at the point where it can be used in combination with the sprites and tiles without a major quality variation being visible(see Viewtiful Joe for a modern sample. Try Xenogears or Strider 2 on the PS1 for an older example.).

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to know which dev kit they were "viewing" unfinished games on. Awfully long article for no real "info". Still, it's more entertaining than the Josh blog.

Edited by Gaijin

I'd like to know which dev kit they were "viewing" unfinished games on.  Awfully long article for no real "info".  Still, it's more entertaining than the Josh blog.

369619[/snapback]

Good article. Sure it's skipp'n on the details, but who wants to get fired over something like that!!!

But what was great about it is that it's showing that the PS3 is no-where near ready for a winter 06 or spring 07 release date and throughly debunking 90% of Sony's claims of being a true next-gen machine. ;)

The next gen race will be a knock-down drag-out fight fer-sure!!! B))

I'd like to know which dev kit they were "viewing" unfinished games on.  Awfully long article for no real "info".  Still, it's more entertaining than the Josh blog.

369619[/snapback]

Good article. Sure it's skipp'n on the details, but who wants to get fired over something like that!!!

But what was great about it is that it's showing that the PS3 is no-where near ready for a winter 06 or spring 07 release date and throughly debunking 90% of Sony's claims of being a true next-gen machine. ;)

The next gen race will be a knock-down drag-out fight fer-sure!!! B))

369660[/snapback]

Interesting to read but hardly a 'good article'. Even if everything about it is true, the author made it sound as though he has been the first to truly see any PS3 gameplay or info (Medal of Honor and Fight Night from EA have been seen from journalists already). Not to mention the 'conclusion' about the hardware basing it upon a dev kit. Guessing launch titles will look as good as DOA4 and Gears of War...well, maybe it's just me but those are pretty two different looking titles, one more complex artistically than the other.

Still, it's entertaining to read, even though it comes from Kikizo.

369619[/snapback]

The person writing the article isn't hte one that'd be fired. It's all the people allegedly providing him with the material that would.

But what was great about it is that it's showing that the PS3 is no-where near ready for a winter 06 or spring 07 release date and throughly debunking 90% of Sony's claims of being a true next-gen machine.  ;)

The next gen race will be a knock-down drag-out fight fer-sure!!!  B))

Ya know what's better about it? That it shows precisely how absurd the anti-Sony fanboys will get.

There's so much absurdly wrong stuff that there's no way in hell it's anything remotely based in fact.

What it IS is a Kutaragi-style laugh.

"There's just no ROOM for a BD-ROM, laptop hard drive, and a circuit board! Woe is me!"

I didn't even read the article.

But whats a hands-on article without pictures? The only pictures theyhad were stock photos we'd seen before.

And why would Kikizo get a look before anyone else? The whole thing is just too fishy.

Not to mention judging a system's potential by it's first generation games is a poor practice. After all, it's just been the past couple of years that we've gotten decent looking PS2 games. For a while there it looked like the DC would still have the PS2 beat.

Everyones worried about consoles, everyone knows that Sony hypes their stuff beyond what it's able to do so I don't see why people have problems with people pointing out the lies(know the fanboys are still denying that the PS3 stuff at E3 was fake), but I've not seen a single game that I'd drop 50 on yet.

Won't see anything won't a damn until '07-'09 from either console and probably will have to wait until '08-'10 for Nintendo.

The person writing the article isn't hte one that'd be fired. It's all the people allegedly providing him with the material that would.

Yes, in other words...a Sega employee. :lol: Doesn't Kikizo have extremely strong ties to Sega through Adam?

Everyones worried about consoles, everyone knows that Sony hypes their stuff beyond what it's able to do

That's not in debate.

so I don't see why people have problems with people pointing out the lies

I wholeheartedly agree with that. Just not replacing lies with more lies. Creating a pile of BS to make Sony look bad isn't actually counterbalancing Sony's BS to make them look good. It just lends credibility to Sony when you get called on your BS.

Won't see anything won't a damn until '07-'09 from either console and probably will have to wait until '08-'10 for Nintendo.

Riiiight.... so you really expect both companies to miss an ENTIRE GENERATION leaving MS completely unopposed?