What do you do with your models  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with your models

• I buy them and build them.
    • I buy them just to collect them
    • I buy them but never have the time to build them
    • I buy them and only build some of them
    • I buy doubles. One set to collect and one set to build
    • I couldn't build a model if my life depended on it!!!!!!!

Guest Bromgrev

Why is the topic header specifically about Hasgawa models? I am an equal opportunities busy person - I have as little time for building Hasegawas as for any other make of model. :(

I don't have them all and so far haven't built any, but then I did have over 500 unbuilt kits from other manufacturers when I bought my first Hasegawa and while I don't build on a first in, first out basis, just recently I haven't had time to build anything but when I do find time I will quite likely give priority to getting at least one of them built. So far I've not had time to do more than open the boxes and drool over the parts a bit.

I buy them and build them. No matter if it is Hasegawa, Imai, Arii, Bandai whatever.- That´s what I will do ONE DAY!

Fact is I have very little time do build them but that does not mean I´d call myself a collector. I open every box and stick the parts together just to get a feel what it looks like when finished. If I buy 3 of the same kit it is just because I want to build 3. Collecting just for the sake of it will only cramp my flat even more. ;)

Same as Graham, except I haven't seen him post pictures of any Hasegawa's built by him or someone else. ;)

I buy at least (1) of each kit released to collect, and then as needed I buy kits to be made. Pictures of the completed kits can be seen here in the model section.

The quality of the kits and the boxart are what really tempts me when it comes to Hasegawa releases.

Guest Bromgrev
So far I've not had time to do more than open the boxes and drool over the parts a bit.

Make sure you clean them before assembly, or you might find the paint won't stick ... :p

Same as Graham, except I haven't seen him post pictures of any Hasegawa's built by him or someone else. ;)

I buy at least (1) of each kit released to collect, and then as needed I buy kits to be made. Pictures of the completed kits can be seen here in the model section.

The quality of the kits and the boxart are what really tempts me when it comes to Hasegawa releases.

I thought you started out wanting to build your own?

You are correct Chad, and I still do.

Because of where I live, I'm not able to do any painting whatsoever. I already tried, and it wasn't practical. I have several resin kits that I've puttied, sanded and prepped, but I'll have to wait until I move to complete them. Not only that, but my shading/weathering/panel lining skills are lacking. All of the previous kits I built came out looking brand new. :(

Edited by ChristopherB

Chad,

I know it's hard to tell from the pictures, but they are lightly weathered, but certainly not battle damaged or anything like that. Something I still want to become better at.

Later,

Christopher B))

What is it about the ongoing  need to find new ways to remind me about the amount of models I have vs the amount I have built...okay...I get it!!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

If people remind me of this often enough I may just turn this damned computer off and go build some :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am going crazy at the moment! I have like 10 kits that I have bought over the last 15 months or so that I haven't done much with. And in the last week I have started and finished a PG Strike, 1/100 Red Astray and a 1/144 Xekines (sp) and I have started on the 1/144 Marasi, MG Gelgoog and MG Rick Dom and the 1/72 Hasegawa VF-0. I'm loving it!

I buy 'em to build 'em. B))

But it's a very slow process. I'd like to document as I go and put them on my webpage, but I need a digital camera first. That and the fact that working 12 hrs is my regular schedule, I don't have alot of time to build them. Which only adds to the very slow progress. <_<

But build them, I will. ^_^

Eventually. :wacko:

At the moment I have 3 (or 4 if you count the Valkyrie weapons set) Hasegawa Valkyrie models.

I have the VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, the VF-0S, and the SV-51 Gamma, Nora type.

I have yet to build them, though. To be perfectly honest, I've become quite lazy when it comes to building models that require cement and paint. I blame it on the Gundam Master Grade models! :lol:

At the moment I have 3 (or 4 if you count the Valkyrie weapons set) Hasegawa Valkyrie models.

I have the VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, the VF-0S, and the SV-51 Gamma, Nora type.

I have yet to build them, though. To be perfectly honest, I've become quite lazy when it comes to building models that require cement and paint. I blame it on the Gundam Master Grade models! :lol:

having built resin and non-bandai models for sometime now....i just recently went back to buidling the HGUC Ex-S. to be honest, i find it more a pain in the ass to build those snap-together bandai kits than anything else. I still remember my first few gundam kits more than 10 years ago...built with cement! the engineering of the new bandai kits are amazing...but i really won't call them models. they're snap-together actiona figures, designed for today's youth who have too little patience for glue and are always on the go...snap snap snap...next MG please!! compared with G-sys or Core-works, the stuff put out by Bandai are just sad....with the kind of cost going into those kits, you'd think they can at least get the proportions right.

now the hasegawa...ah...those are models!! to be on topic i have 2 battroids. one built as hikaru DYRL and the other one i'm intending to build as cannon fodder. i'm happy as hell bandai's not the one doing these new macross kits.

What is it about the ongoing need to find new ways to remind me about the amount of models I have vs the amount I have built...okay...I get it!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:blink:

;)

Well, at least you have sold a couple of kits to others on here. . . who still have them in the original wrapped box. ;) However, I am working on a model kit -- really I am.

• 7 months later...

I will eventually build all the kits I buy. At this moment, I've built 3 out of 4 of the Macross Hasegawa kits. The latest one built is the Elintseeker, and it's decent looking now, since that whole putty disaster occurred. I still have the Super Ostrich to build up.

I think keeping them in the box is a waste, it's like buying a good quality video game and keeping the factory wrap still on. It's ironic that something wrapped up is worth more monetary wise, but yet not used to it's full potential.

I'm seriously vesting money on 2 kits of the VF-0D and the Strike Valks as well.

As well, I gotta get Valk009's VF-4 soon!

Man, it's funny to see I'm in the same boat as a lot of you guys. I've wasted, er, I mean invested, a lot of money on plastic and resin kits (well over 200 total, from Nichimo's 1/200 scale kits, to 3 of the 1/100 factories, and every 1/72 scale kit I could find). I've got about 15 Hase's at the moment.... all sitting in their boxes :( . I'm definitely a 2 (or 3 - 4 depending on the price) kit guy... one to build sooner, and one to build better later, when I finally develop some skills. I've got everything stuffed in totes that are hidden in the attic... so the wife doesn't see them all at once and freak out. But, we're moving in a month... and hopefully it doesn't hit the fan when I pull everything down to load up. I always get these moments of diorama inspiration, and get a load of kits, optical fiber, LED's and landscaping material, only to have it get packed up in a tote a month later from lack of time (stupid job always interfering). Hopefully with a bigger house, I can dedicate a room (shrine) to model building, and keep the kids OUT!!!

I buy them and pay other people to build them :lol:

Graham

294554[/snapback]

The whole point of buying MODEL KITS and not ACTION FIGURES is to build it. LOL

355041[/snapback]

Which is all well and good assuming you have the time, patience, desire, suitable location and skill to build model kits yourself.

If not, then getting other people to build models for you is sometimes the only way of getting a nice representation of your favorite mecha.

I'd much rather have a nice toy of the SV-51, VF-2SS and VF-22 rather than a fragile model which is only good for looking at, but unfortunately no toy of those mecha exists yet, thus I have to go the model route.

Graham

A few nights ago I could not sleep, so I tried to recollect how many mecha kits I own.... I still wasn´t asleep at 245 ( about 75 Macross not counting 1/170 & 1/200 small stuff, Hase count is 27 so far) but I surely have missed some.... OMG when do I build them? I also collect ships, planes and other stuff :( What went wrong? :blink::D