iMacross Servers

wrylac

IMacross bittorrent is kind of working.

Slow going though.

I see that the ball beside the uploading file is yellow. I'm trying to forward my ports through my firewall to make the ball turn a green color, which indicates a open port. The files that I'm downloading are green.

I'll read some more about port forwarding and azureus, so I can get the upload speed working steadily instead of sporadically.

UPDATE:

Yellow ball is now blue ball. Trying for green ball.

Anybody who is connecting to me is going to have to check under start/settings/control panel/windows firewall to see if they have opened their internet ports to allow Azureuse to up/download through their internet firewall.

I think the hardest part for Azureus is getting through the internet firewalls. I opened my ports through my dlink network router software because I have a home network. Azureus has 3 green ball lights on the bottom of the azureus screen to indicate to me that I have successfully opened the proper ports through the dlink router.

www.portforward.com for more information

I think that once I start up another torrent, then someone else with Azureus will have to enable their Azureus trackerless server.

Azureus: Tools/options/tracker/server/ everything checked except password

Edited by boinger

The Azureus bittorrent software is the tracker and the server.

I just put a copy of a bittorrent file on on my shaw webpage.

I think that Azureus uses a trackerless server system, so you can only use Azureus for downloading the bittorrent files I'm putting together.

1. download the bittorrent file from my shaw webpage

2. download a copy of Azureus bittorrent software

3. run the Azureus bittorrent software

4. top right of Azureus, "click" file, "click" open,  "click" torrent file

5. "click" add file and look on your computer for the  (1.) downloaded bittorrent file

6.  on the same window as (5.), "click" browse to pick a place on your computer to save the full version of the file

7. see how many people are up/downloading on the file

8. go do something else for a couple of weeks, this will take a while

Is it working now?

It's working!!  :o

371720[/snapback]

thanks for the info... will look into Azureus ;)

It looks like I have successfully uploaded the file to Dean. Now, I'm going to stop uploading the graham/valkyrie file and fix up another bittorrent file for Macross pictures (much bigger file).

Dean:

Could you stay online with the graham/valkyrie bittorrent file and see if some one else can download from you?

Let's see if the bittorrent can be passed along without me being the original host/server.

Dean might have to check Azureus bittorrent software for enabling the tracker server (under the options section) to pass along the graham/valkyrie bittorrent file to the next person.

Then, I'll fix up all the macross games for a bittorrent: 1gb approx.

Then, macross music - pretty big

Then macross miscellania

Then, macross video in sections: M0, M2, M7, MSDF, MDYRL, METC-including game videos and mecha grafitti.

This could take up most of the 2006 to upload, but once it's done then Macross will be readily available through Azureus bittorrent.

While I'm working on the next macross bittorrent.

Here's a weblink to my webpage for all the MACROSS BITTORRENTS that I have been collecting over the last couple of years: M7, 20th anniversary and other macross related videos

I'm not sure if the trackers for these bittorrents are stll working, but you can always try. These bittorrents will work with any bittorrent client softwware and not just Azureus only.

boinger

I fixed up the iMacross FAQ page to include the AZUREUS bittorrent client.

I forgot I still had my old email address there. new email addres is boinger5@shaw.ca

If anybody sees any other information that would be helpful in this FAQ, then pm me, thanks.

Yesterday, I received a phone call from MTS to get me to switch back to their adsl service. I checked MTS's user agreement and I could not find anything about bandwidthe restrictions. I remember reading about bandwidth restrictions in MTS and Shaw's user agreements Mar. 2005. Does anybody else know if MTS or Shaw has lifted the bandwidth restriction due to unpopularity?

I'd suggest pulling down any Torrents involving domestically licensed products (like SDF Macross).

372331[/snapback]

Yeah, I would suggest that as well. I don't think Shawn would appreciate getting legal notices.

Okay.

For Macross bittorrents, I have: M7, dyrl, flashback and 20th anniversary.

If these macross videos ever become licensed in Canada, then I'm buying the DVD s and there won't be a reason to fileshare these videos anymore.

I'm redoing the next bittorrent to take out any licensed material.

Maybe by this evening, I'll have the next one bittorrent ready to go.

Edited by boinger

(**took down the macross games bittorrent due to hard drive crash. So, I'm in the middle of re encoding the macross games bittorrent. Alteratively, there's the macross vo bittorrent underm the list of other macross bittorrents on my website ftp page***)

Enjoy!

Important note:

You will need to use Azureus for up/downloading the bittorrent files that I"m putting together.

I'll work on the a M7 pack, M dyrl pack , macross music, and macros miscellaneous for the next bittorrents.

Alternate Macross bittorrents are HERE.

Important note:

These alternate macross bittorrents are readily usable on any type of bittorrent client software and not exclusive use for Azureus bittorrent software.

UPDATE:

FEB 22/06

The one hard drive with all of the Macross stuff just locked up last night and now refuses to be recognized by my desktop computer. I did back up all of the macross stuff onto dvdr s.

I'm going to try and get my laptop to recognized the hard drive, otherwise I'm going to Futureshop to pick up a new hard drive and then I will need a couple of days to load up all the macross stuff again.

Meanwhile, the regular Macross bittorrents will work okay.

Edited by boinger

hard drive crash

12:20 PM

This hard drive works when I plugged it into an ide cable on my desktop, but refueses to work as an external hard drive on my desktop or laptop. My external hd box might have burnt out, hard to tell.

I'm getting Azureus to recheck and reload the Macross games bittorrent and load up the Macross miscellanous bittorrent.

I'll post again when the bittorrents are ready. I hop there's no more major computer hardware crashes for any time soon.

Edited by boinger

I was able to get a copy of a bittorrent for MacrossVO from a fellow MW member evirus. I posted the macrossvo bittorrent on my ftp website HERE.

These are regular bittorrents, so you can use any bittorrent client software.

The bittorrents that I'm putting together can only be downloaded with Azureus bittorrent software. Azureus software can be downloaded here.

Edited by boinger

That hard drive with all the macross stuff locked up again last night and disconnected the Azureus bittorrents from the internet. It looks like I'm going to have to buy a new hard drive and copy over the contents this week.

I'll keep trying to maintain a connection, but I'm learning to expect problems over here.

UPDATE:

2:38 pm CST

The hard drive is recognized within my desktop computer, but doesn't work when connecting externally to my laptop. My desktop computer lost the internet/network connection last night. I am attempting to reinstall various network cards to connect back up to the internet/ home network.

I think I would be best off to copy over the Macross files to my laptop's external hard drive (Windows xp) because my desktop computer runs only on Windows 98 2nd edition which is a little glitchy at times.

I will need a couple of days to get things going smoothly.

Otherwise, I post up the Macross VO bittorrent and daemon tools on my ftp website.

Edited by boinger

Macross games bittorrent now available

So, my desktop computer doesn't work with the pci firewire card anymore or it's the last pci slot that just doesn't work on the abit be6 motherboard. Desktop computer and Azureus sever is working now!

Now, I'll just put together some more macross bittorrents: miscellaneous macross manga/paper models and stuff, extraneous macross videos, m7 gigapack, mdyrl gigapack, m0 gigapack, macross music and then that's about it.

Then once I've uploaded to about 3-4 people per file, all that's needed to file share would be the downloaded bittorrents, Azureus software and somebody nice enough to share the complete downloaded file. Anybody could be the next iMacross server!

I am currently seeding the macross games includes M3, DYRL, VFX, VFX2, VFX2 US edition, VO, VOxp, etc. bittorrent and macross miscellaneous includes macross paper models, picutres and manga bittorrent.

I have all the rest of the macross bittorrents ready for seeding

(Macross miscellaneous video includes mecha graffitti, Macross 7 gigapack, Macross DYRL gigapack, Macross 0, and Macross music.)

, but the upload speed is so slow that just the two current bittorrent downloads could take weeks/months. I'm online 24 hours/7 days per week, so it's just a matter of time.

So far, just two people downloading.

Azureus problem solving:

I'm trying to increase the upload speed for the Azureus built in server.

I get "no handler available for dht packet decode" as a possible error.

My ports are properly forward as evidenced by the green balls on the bottom window, but the Macross bittorrents are a blue colour most of the time. I have azureus running on desktop and laptop computers. Maybe, I'm downloading too much to allow uploads?

Shaw cable, my isp, just sent me an email warning for up/downloading too much. Right now, I have to reset the Azureus server to reopen a new port and lower the speed because Shaw cable blocked my Azureus connection and they will cut me off my internet connection for a week if I don't cut back.

I might switch over to MTS in the next week or so, but I need to confirm their bandwidth policies.

iMacross Azureus is still running, but very, very slowly.

Desktop computer locked up when I was backing up some files on dvd. I rebooted and reconnected to Azureus.

Since, shaw cable sent me the email warning, I was thinking about alternatives.

1. go back to MTS isp. MTS now supports home networking and they are not as restrictive as Shaw for bandwidth limitations. $15 cheaper. Terrible customer support.

2. talk to shaw about how much to increase my bandwidth. Last year, I would have to pay an additional $45.00 to get back to half the bandwidth from 2004.

3. disconnect my phone line with MTS. Connect up Netscape $20/month 56k. Then, get a cell phone package. Save $40/month and I could potentially upload and download faster than Shaw cable.

Edited by boinger

Shaw cable disconnected me from the internet 3 hours ago.

I have Netscape 56k connection right now.

I'm going to see if the up/download speeds are comparable to what I was getting from shaw.

boinger

iMacross Azureus server

iMacross Azureus is online

super seeding macross miscellaneous bittorrent

(see last page for weblink)

I just need a bunch of mw people to attempt to connect and download as much as possible to test this 56k connection out.

I have not figured out to connect my 56k connection to my laptop yet.

Looks like I will switch over to MTS isp though. I think I just read on netscape.ca that they have adsl service as well. I'll check that out.

boinger

Edited by boinger

iMacross Azureus server online

Shaw put me back online.

I am seeding Macross miscellaneous and Macross games. Upload speeds are about 1-4 kb/s because of Shaw's bandwidth caps. Roughly 1-2 months to download Macross games and macross miscellaneous.

Then for the next 2 months, I will seed Macross music and Extraneous Macross video (mecha graffitti, 20th anniversary, etc).

I'm looking at adsl isp within Winnipeg. Changing isp s takes a bit of research because the bandwidth cap is usually in small print tucked somewhere on the website.

iMacross Azureus server online

Shaw put me back online. 

I am seeding Macross miscellaneous and Macross games.  Upload speeds are about 1-4 kb/s because of Shaw's bandwidth caps.  Roughly 1-2 months to download Macross games and macross miscellaneous. 

Then for the next 2 months, I will seed Macross music and Extraneous Macross video (mecha graffitti, 20th anniversary, etc).

I'm looking at adsl isp within Winnipeg.  Changing isp s takes a bit of research because the bandwidth cap is usually in small print tucked somewhere on the website.

376257[/snapback]

I'm really low on HD space, but as soon as there's room I'll be sure to start d/l-ing and seeding

iMacross 4 azureus bittorrent server offline

The bittorrent sever was working fine, until my dlink router locked up.

So, after I reset the router, the desktop (win 98) computer got confused and locked up. Laptop (winxp pro) computer is fine. I manually restarted desktop and then all sorts of files and software went missing on the desktop computer. I'm using the start up diskette to scan disk the desktop c: drive to get everything back to working order.

I'll post again when I'm back online.

Next computer ugrade, I'll buy a linksys router.

UPDATE:

Still offline

and having to reinstall windows again!

abit be6 motherboard

1. defective 5th pci slot

2. 1st ata66 slot misreports master dvd-r as slave

not only did win98 2nd get confused about missing files, but registry became corrupted. I'm in the middle of reinstalling windows me.

Fixing installation errors, so far:

1. suwin errror

a. under motherboard bios

i. disable internal cpu cache

ii. disable external cpu cache

2. verx.dll error

a. wmp9 has to be renamed or removed

b. ie6 has to be rename or removed

Edited by boinger

iMacross 4 Azureus bittorrent server back ONLINE

seeding

1. macross miscellaneous

2. macross games

Currently using windows me succesfully. Now, I can play my old games again.

Future upgrades would be:

1. linksys mimo router

2. a new desktop computer with win xp/vista, so the iMacross server would be as stable as my laptop computer

maybe in 8-10 months, lots of bills to pay just yet.

The macross bittorrents I made with Azureus can only be hosted or accessed by the Azureus software because that's the type of bittorrent files they are.

Otherwise, I have to find a bittorrent server somewhere, then I would have to register with the bittorrent website and potentially be involved with a fbi/mpaa crackdown on copyrighted bittorrent websites, even though none of the files I put into bittorrents are copyrighted in the Americas.

So, as soon as some one else has downloaded all of the macross files from me, then someone else can find a better solution for bittorrent file sharing.

Otherwise, it's just a matter of waiting for the download to complete.

boinger

The macross bittorrents I made with Azureus can only be hosted or accessed by the Azureus software because that's the type of bittorrent files they are.

Otherwise, I have to find a bittorrent server somewhere, then I would have to register with the bittorrent website and potentially be involved with a fbi/mpaa crackdown on copyrighted bittorrent websites, even though none of the files I put into bittorrents are copyrighted in the Americas. 

So, as soon as some one else has downloaded all of the macross files from me, then someone else can find a better solution for bittorrent file sharing.

Otherwise, it's just a matter of waiting for the download to complete.

boinger

380189[/snapback]

arg i cant even get a connection for bittorrent stuff...

I found www.portforward.com was really helpful.

The windows xp firewall has to have the same open port as on the azureus software.

380581[/snapback]

i know for certain that its not a problem on my side..... im on a universities ISP so im not able to set port access.

rather annoying right now because my girlfriend wants the DYRL mp3, but for what ever reason i no longer have it on my computer so now i guess im sunk, unless some nice person wouldnt mind sending it to me ;)

iMacross 7 has lots of macross music and much more

Here's iMacross 7 macross music folder

Currently,

macross miscellaneous : 100 % uploaded

macross games : 100 % uploaded

Now the trick with bittorrents is that the more people who have a full copy of the bittorrent file and make it available for download, the faster the download speeds for anybody else trying to download. So, if I stay online for uploading to others, then anybody else who also has a copy will hopefully stay online as well. Then after about 2 months, downloading would be quite a lot faster.

Edited by boinger

iMacross 7 has lots of macross music and much more

Here's iMacross 7 macross music folder

Currently,

macross miscellaneous : 97 % uploaded

macross games : 67 % uploaded

Now the trick with bittorrents is that the more people who have a full copy of the bittorrent file and make it available for download, the faster the download speeds for anybody else trying to download.  So, if I stay online for uploading to others,  then anybody else who also has a copy will hopefully stay online as well.  Then after about 2 months, downloading would be quite a lot faster.

380937[/snapback]

thanks for the info, i got it, little problem though, disc 2 of the macross orignal soundtrack CDs cuts off on track 9, it isnt on my end cause i think it would have given me a currupt file error when i opened it, which it didnt

iMacross 4 azureus bittorrent server ONLINE

Both,

1. macross games

2. macross miscellaneous

have been uploaded to 100%.

I can start uploading macross music and macross miscellaneous video (mecha graffitti, 20th anniversary, etc.), but whoever has a copy of 1. and 2. would, now have to switch their Azureus option settings to enable the azureus trackerless server and stay online to allow other mw downloaders to complete the azureus bittorrent files.

With the Azureus software, anybody who has a copy of the completed download from me would now be able to act as an iMacross server.

To enable the built in AZUREUS tracker for sharing your azureus-made bittorrents, you have to enable the azureus built in Distributed tracker/server settings.

1. tools/options/connection - all boxes checked

2. tools/options/plugins/distributed db - all boxes checked, ip and port number open

3. tools/options/plugins/distributed tracker - all boxes checked

4. tools/options/tracker/server - all boxes checked except for 2 passwords and non-blocking option. Open up internet firewall ports http and https.

www.portforward.com for information regarding azureus and opening firewall ports

5. tools/nat firewall test - checking that UDP/TCP firewall port is open

6. windows start/settings/control panel/windows firewall/exceptions: add program - azureus, open same port as on the azureus software

7. see 3 green balls at bottom of azureus window, good to go!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently seeding bittorrents:

1. Macross games

2. Macross miscellaneous (paper models, manga, pictures, etc.)

3. Macross music (sdf, m+, m2, mdyrl, m7, etc.)

4. Macross miscellaneous Video (20th anniversary, mecha graffitti, etc.)

Edited by boinger

• 3 weeks later...

Hello:

Currently,

Macross miscellaneous video is 100% seeded

Macross musis is 92.9% seeded.

So, I am now seeding

Macross: Do you remember love? , Flashback 2012, DYRL extra videos

That just leaves macross zero (2 gb) and Macross 7 (12 gb) and then there is no more macross stuff that I could upload.

Note:

1. Use Azureus bittorrent client software for up/downloading with these bittorrents

2. Try to stay online as much as possible with these bittorrents, in order to pass along the macross goodness

3. With the Azureus bittorrent client, anybody can be a iMacross server, once you have the completed download from the bittorrent file.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently seeding bittorrents:

1. Macross games

2. Macross miscellaneous (paper models, manga, pictures, etc.)

3. Macross music (sdf, m+, m2, mdyrl, m7, etc.)

4. Macross miscellaneous Video (20th anniversary, mecha graffitti, etc.)

5. Macross: Do you remember love? , Flashback 2012, DYRL extra videos

Edited by boinger