15th Anniversory Figures

Goshawk

hey Guys,

I was wondering, I have seen a few of the 15th Anniversary go up on ebay and such, are they worth getting as a collectors item? the reason I am asking this is because the detail on them dosent seem to be par with something coming up on a 15th Anniversory and also are they worth getting as a collectors item?

Angus

No, those absolutely suck. A friend did buy the whole LOT at one go because he was so starved of good Macross merchandise, but seriously, the figures just look like second-tier goods. Even the Banprestos have better play/display value.

Not sure if you mean the characters or the mecha.

They both blow, though. :rolleyes:

I disagree. I think the characters are pretty good. I wish that they had released the Minmay in the Chinese dress, but it never happened. I only own the Lisa and Rick (those names are easier to type - ha), but they are probably the best "3D" Macross figures available to date.

Wouldn't mind if more figures (be they large scale or small scale) were made, though.

I haven't really seen a 15th anni valk out of the package, so I can't comment on that.

Hey wait, Renato - did you mean the little figures that came with the 15th anni valks? I was referring to the 1/6 scale ARII 15th anni character figures.

They both blow, though.  :rolleyes:

I disagree. I think the characters are pretty good. I wish that they had released the Minmay in the Chinese dress, but it never happened. I only own the Lisa and Rick (those names are easier to type - ha), but they are probably the best "3D" Macross figures available to date.

Wouldn't mind if more figures (be they large scale or small scale) were made, though.

I haven't really seen a 15th anni valk out of the package, so I can't comment on that.

Hey wait, Renato - did you mean the little figures that came with the 15th anni valks? I was referring to the 1/6 scale ARII 15th anni character figures.

Aren't the CM's figures the best ???. at least I thought so... unless you don't count them as figures since they are trading kits...

I like the Arii character figures too, expecially for the price. The CMs are really good also, but sometimes the faces are off. I don't have any of the Arii mechs but those little figures that come with them are neat.

They both blow, though. :rolleyes:

Yea I was talking the Mecha that hast the approx. 2 inch fig in them. All I know of them is there 15th ann. figs here are the ones In talking about

http://www.ehobbyland.com/Macross-ActionFi...FIG-ARII-12.jpg

Im thinking of getting these for my son, cause hes into Macross now, so I figured these be something good for him "to start with" and if he tears them up its nopt a HUGE loss and for a 13 year old kid tha loves taking thngs apart, this might start teaching him about collecting :D

Personally, I think those are pretty disappointing.

I'd suggest you splurge a little and get him a 1/55 Bandai reissue or a 1/60 Yamato valk. The 1/60 will be especially better and if you keepyour eyes open they can still be found for a decent price.

If he's 13, he should be able to take good enough care of a yamato. (unless he's overly destructive :p )

I bought all the Arii 15th Aniversery mecha when they were first released. Yes, they were very disappointing, but remember, that was back in the dark old days, when we were starved for any new Macross merchandise.

I finally threw all of them out a few years ago though.

Pics of mine are on the main site. The battroid pis were taken before I had a digital camera, I just put the figures onto the scanner.....LOL, that's why the dark background.

Graham

I bought all the Arii 15th Aniversery mecha when they were first released. Yes, they were very disappointing, but remember, that was back in the dark old days, when we were starved for any new Macross merchandise.

I have them too......they did serve the purpose at that time. Now I might consider trading them for a 1/48 ;)

on the other hand, I kinds like the human figure they have though....as a toy, it's not that bad and look at least somewhat like the actual character in the series. I am sure u've all seen worse :lol::lol: