How many of you guys own a SDF-1 1/3000?

Clarkent

How many of you guys own a SDF-1 1/3000?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you guys own a SDF-1 1/3000?

• MatachBox
    • Bandai
    • Takatoku
    • Planning to get one.
    • Do not intend to get one

Is anyone else shocked by how many of us have one!?! I thought the number would be much lower. I guess they aren't as rare as the ebay prices would suggest. Or, maybe we're all just conscientious collectors and we're sure to have such things!

H

If you were talking about having owned them, you could say I'm the top dog. Not trying to brag or such, but I've owned about a dozen or so. I sorta lost track. :D They were all loose with a few in complete condition. I really don't keep them long. I either save them for future customs or to sell later on. Now I only own 3 and soon to be 2. I just sold one of my customs to a fellow MW member. And about 3 weeks ago I sold a matchbox version to another member. Below is a few pics of my customs. The small one in the middle of the 3 is a resin kit of the Macross "DYRL". That of course is not a custom. The red one is my version of the SDF-3 from the Sentinels. The green one is my interpretation hybrid of Earth and Zentraedi technology(movie version). And the grey one is my version of the Macross "DYRL", in which is sold. If my information is correct, the owner of that one will be displaying it at this coming MWcon5. That will be my first ever custom showing at the event. I hope to get great feedback. :rolleyes: Anyway if you would count those pictured(minus the one sold) the resin in battlemode, and one resin "DYRL" shipmode still unassembled in a box, then I own 4.

Kish :lol:

BTW The pics shown earlier in this tread is of my very first custom "DYRL" Macross. :D

Wow. That looks so pretty.

I own a matchbox one but it went through a very tragic accident just three months ago. Seven moves in the past 6 years and I thought I was in the clear :(.

So now I am making extensive modifications to it to tighten the joints, make the broke parts stronger (one of the bases to the main cannon shattered and the left arm fell off). Actually learned a few things and it has turned out stronger than before. I will have to paint it though so I figured I would take apart the whole thing a modify it to add detail.

So long story short,

I own one, I broke one . . . hopefully I make better one

There are several smallish ones, both transforming and nontransforming. Personally, I think the 1/5700 "block system" toy looks good at least in pictures. A bootleg (apparently by the same company that did the 1/3000 bootleg, possibly Matsushiro) shows up on ebay sometimes. Someone pointed out that the elbows don't bend, but that may be something you could customize.

Here's the bootleg on eBay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5973180251&rd=1

The original is at toyboxdx. Direct links to pics: here and here.