All region DVD player

If anyone doesn't have a region free DVD player, now's the time to check out Fry's. They currently have the Terapin 2600DVD for $60, with a $20 mail-in rebate, making it only $40. It's a pretty decent player, too, it was able to play some region 1 discs that even my PS2 refused, as well as Region 2 Japanese DVDs. Only downside is a crappy remote. It says it's R1 only, but a simple code makes it all region. It's also Progressive Scan capable, for those with HDTVs.

Just givin' the heads up to anyone interested. PM me for details about the unlock, if you need them.

bah forget all that. Sorry to piss all over your thread Mcbride. But there is a better choice. Granted 40 dollars is nice. But anyway there is a Phillips DVD player called DVP-642 at Best Buy for like 70 bucks. Plays Divx!!!!! and if you open the cd tray and hit 7,8,9,OK,0,OK it unlocks the region on teh DVD player.

Also the 10.2" screen portable Mintek DVD player at Costco for $350 is region hackable and plays divx.

Edited by Solscud007

bah forget all that. Sorry to piss all over your thread Mcbride. But there is a better choice. Granted 40 dollars is nice. But anyway there is a Phillips DVD player called DVP-642 at Best Buy for like 70 bucks. Plays Divx!!!!! and if you open the cd tray and hit 7,8,9,OK,0,OK it unlocks the region on teh DVD player.

Also the 10.2" screen portable Mintek DVD player at Costco for $350 is region hackable and plays divx.

I have the DVP-642 myself, and I love it.

It can play a fair amount of .avi files, so I use it to watch downloaded anime on the tv. I just burn a regular cd-r as a data disc with the .avi files on it, and I'm good to go. The only files I've had problems with are ones that were QPEL encoded.

It can be had at Wal-Mart as well for ~70 bucks.

Edited by soulDistortion

Heh, thanks for the info!

Tho what I'm looking for is the burning software to burn movies to play later on a dvd player, all region or not.

:p

So by imputing a code you turn it all region??

:blink:

Looking for some pretty decent software for copying protected discs as well as wiping out that pesky region coding? Go to: http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-fab-platinum.htm. I've been using this program for a while now to back up my DVD's and it works pretty well. You can download a 30 trial to evaluate, but after that, it costs you $60.00 to get the key. And out of the hundred or so DVD's I have copied, I've only had two which didn't work. And it also does dual layer.

Why not get the Cyberhome one? you can make it region free with the unlock code.

It retails for $40, but most stores have mail in rebates so you can get it in the $20's with the rebates.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ronics&n=507846

B0000A0AJH.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

BUt will it play CDR and DVDR discs burned with Divx files? The DVP-642 does

• 1 month later...

I just picked up the Phillips DVP-642 at walmart b/c of the comments here. After spending a day with it and tossing every anime, tv episode, movie at it I could find, it works near flawlessly. Sometimes there were slight audio sync issues, who cares when I'm watching anime on my hd tv :D

Thanks for the reccomendation guys. BTW, the DVP-642 $57.98 at walmart nowadays.

It's a pretty decent player, too, it was able to play some region 1 discs that even my PS2 refused...

Ummm... the PS2 is a notoriously crappy DVD player. Hardly the thing to compare to when determining if something's a "pretty decent" player.

You can get it at Wal-Mart for 59.97

;)

I have the DVP-642 also and it's an awesome player. But sometimes I play a DIVX burned anime file and the image is bigger than the screen. And I can't see the subs. Any fix to that? I already flashed it with the latest firmware.