Variable Fighter Spartan Destroid

... the VARIABLE SPARTAN VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE...

This is way better than my stuff.

In hindsight (which is always 20/20), I would've made the variable Spartan more like the original, with the fighter and gerwalk modes looking more boxy and utilitarian.

think of it this way-

Which looks more sleek and sophisticated, the F-22 Raptor or the A-10 'Hawg?

Now, which one looks like a tough hombre who can kick some mean ass, the F-22 Raptor or the A-10 'Hawg?

If I were to do it again, I would go for more of an A-10 feel.

p.s.- on a side note, when I did the Variable Spartan, some member (I can't recall whom) thought the idea of a Variable Destroid was silly. The, a couple of months afterwards, the same guy couldn't stop talking about how much of a genius Kawamori was for designing the VB-6 Konig Monster...

:rolleyes:

Edited by the white drew carey

... the VARIABLE SPARTAN VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE...

This is way better than my stuff.

In hindsight (which is always 20/20), I would've made the variable Spartan more like the original, with the fighter and gerwalk modes looking more boxy and utilitarian.

think of it this way-

Which looks more sleek and sophisticated, the F-22 Raptor or the A-10 'Hawg?

Now, which one looks like a tough hombre who can kick some mean ass, the F-22 Raptor or the A-10 'Hawg?

If I were to do it again, I would go for more of an A-10 feel.

p.s.- on a side note, when I did the Variable Spartan, some member (I can't recall whom) thought the idea of a Variable Destroid was silly. The, a couple of months afterwards, the same guy couldn't stop talking about how much of a genius Kawamori was for designing the VB-6 Konig Monster...

:rolleyes:

WDC, let me start by telling you that your Variable Spartan design looks awesome.

I have to ask, though... what role would it serve? Whereas most Destroids seem to have a specialized role, the Spartan always struck me as a sort of jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none mass-produced alternative to the VF-1's Battroid mode. Take a Spartan, add the costly transformation system, and I'd kind of think that we're back at VF-1. I'll say, though, that your Variable Spartan looks more heavily armored than a VF-1, more like a VF-3000. And you did already draw a comparison between the F/A-22 and the A-10. Would you have a Variable Spartan serve more of an attacker role?

Sorry if I sound a little critical... I honestly do like your Variable Spartan, and I do think it's a better idea than a Variable Glaug.

As for the VB-6, the fact that it has a Battroid mode is a waste. I mean, what for? The idea of a Monster that can turn into a shuttle/bomber to get from point A to point B makes sense, though.

My main concern with the Variable Destroid design (hence known as the VD [haha]) was that Destroids were inherently slow and cumbersome. The variable aspect would, in theory, gave them better tactical mobility.

The originaly idea was to produce variable versions of all of the destroids, the main difference between the VD and the VF being that they had limited offensive and defensive modes when in fighter, or the prerequisite Macross GERWALK, modes. The aforementioned modes being simply a faster means of travel to and from hotspots on the battlefield.

One thing I was always a little irked about was the plight of the poor destroid pilot, destined to be quickly and utterly destroyed simply because he is driving the equivalent of a Sherman in the miffle of an Abrams battle. The VD series was a hypothetical look at a possible series bridging the gap between semi-capable Destroid and fully-capable VF.

The comparison of the A-10 was for more of a visual comparison, meaning I would have rather designed the variable Spartan to be less refined than the VF-1 design.

And, yes, Godzilla did bring this up recently as well. :)

So what would a Variable Phalanx, Tomahawk, or N-Ger look like/turn into?

I say the N-Ger would turn into a Tow Truck with the upper gun being the boom on the truck, how bout u guys?

Love the variable Spartan...and what you did with those hands. They look like they can pierce armour. ;)

Variability of the Spartan probably increases its mobility (fighter mode) and dexterity (gerwalk mode). Gerwalk suffers from less efficacy of close combat, but is able to hover and jump around punching things while dodging their blows. But a better close combat weapon better than fists should complement it...maybe power fists or heat claws or something. :lol:

Doesn't the spartan have a baton or club?

I'm thinking they could have a place on fighter to put this where the gunpod would normally go. :D In Battroid instead of the gunpod being conected to the forearm, the baton would be placed there.

Amored hulk Hamfists + baton = great demolition/riot cop valk. :D

Speed shouldn't be a problem, just add fast packs. :D It's just good enough that if a robot such as this was knocked off the ship, it could at least fly back home rather than drift helplessly in space. I doubt there would be as much use for fighter mode as an actual fighter but more as quick travel.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker