God Of War

wolfx

Just beat GOW, and MAN were the final battles tough, but fricken awesome fun! The Kratos clones were rediculous, and the final fight with Ares was crazy...

The Challange of the Gods levels are kinda annoying... time trial kills do nothing for me... I was really hoping for some kind of escalating last man standing mode with just waves of enemies to fight for as long as you last... that would be a total blast. A Boss Rush mode also would have been nice...

• 3 weeks later...

Got GOW 2 last friday and completed it yesterday, I think the first one is more of a challenge, the 2nd one the puzzles are much easier to my relief. I had a lot of difficulty in the first one with the time trials and swimming sections, glad GOW 2 didn't have as many. Also whenever the game mentions the three sisters of fate i always think of Five Star Stories :)

I just picked it up yesterday and started playing last night, got as far as the temple of Lakehis before I finally managed to turn it off and score some sleep...

The opening sequence far and away owns the first games and I like te climbing on the ceiling/grapple moves too.

At times though it does feel like you're just pushing whatever button the game tells you to push, that won;t stop me playing all the way through though. :D

Yeah my cousin gave me god of war a few weeks ago and im hooked on it but there is one complaint that I do have with it...

AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO CANT CLIMB THE ROTATING CYLINDER OF DEATH???

Thats where im stuck currently. I just got done with doing the balancing act on all of the rotating poles with blades on them and I got to the part where you have to climb the vertical rotating cylinder to get out of hades (apparently) and for the life of me, I cant beat it. Every time I try it, I either get to the 2nd or 3rd section but I am soon knocked off and then I cant get back onto it.

So can someone help me out with this cuz I really want to get through this game but I cant till I get past this.

Edited by Thai Boxer 9901

I was stuck on that. There are two of them btw. Just watch the patterns of the blades. If you time it right you can go right up the cylinders without stopping. You can still get up them if you have to stop though. I would have done it faster if weren't for that damn beer lol

AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO CANT CLIMB THE ROTATING CYLINDER OF DEATH???

Those took me ages to get past :angry: , what i done was wait for a long gap then jump through them pressing up and the X button, then move slowly avoiding the spikes to wait for a gap in the next cylinder, not sure if its any help to you though.

Yup, the spinning cylinders of spiky-slicy death are rage-inducingly cheap/random. Just try 500 times or so, you'll do it. Note that there are TWO to get through, so once you beat one--you have to do another. And you can't save in between. You can continue from the second one, but if you turn it off you have to do the first one again--so have plenty of time alotted.

Anyone esle sign up for the God of War UMD PSP demo? Why they couldn't just wait until a download is ready? oh well

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sJrTVg-TG_M

http://www.us.playstation.com/godofwar_chainsofolympus/

I signed up. Just waiting for the UMD to show up now.

As for the Cylinders of Death....didn't find it that hard. Like people say it's all about timing.

Those stupid bladed columns were really frustrating, and one of the two bits that I remember distinctly challenging me to not finish the game (the other being the super fast moving wall in the challenge of Posieden that you have to hide in the gap to avoid...) There are two of those columns, and the second one unfortunately makes the first one look like a cake-walk, but if you give yourself alot of time to sit there and retry, you'll get it, but it does take patience... after a few tries, get up and take a breather or you'll get controller-throwingly angry. However, the endgame is so utterly mindblowingly epic that it makes up for those puzzles in quite good fashion. You really do owe it to yourself to finish the game at least once because it really is one of the best endgames I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those of ye who love this game and love to build (resin) model figures, there's a kit of Kratos coming out. B))

Here's what I know -- A registered seller of the Clubhouse (a figure modeling forum) will be producing a 1/6 scale figure of the "Ghost of Sparta." They need at least 15 people interested for production to start, and there's already 7 (last I heard) on the waiting list.

Here's the description of the figure:

Sculpted by Daniel Santos 1/6 scale. It stands about 14" tall on base so your talking about a $135 per kit.

Here are pics of the prototype: Piccys!

If you're interested, contact the vendor on the Clubhouse forums (Jayco35, http://www.resinrealities.net) or or via email, if you don't have access to that forum, at these addresses: resinrealities AT netzero.net, jaycotoys AT netzero.net

there are god of war action figures out already, if anyone is crap at building resin models, also i think there is a 13 inch figure coming out soon is well with electronic speech.

13" with speech!? I'm so in.... I've got the Kratos figure with the flaming Blades of Athena figure, and it's a gorgeous piece, but not greatly built... the flaming parts are flimsy and don't stay on very well, and the figure has terrible soft ankles and hands that don't support well... but it LOOKS great! Esp. alongside Master Chief and Solid Snake... and with the same company coming out with Castlevania figures soon, my fav. video game franchises will all have figures (GoW, MGS, and Castl.)

• 9 months later...

So i just finished GoW : Chains of Olympus for the PSP. Pretty much more of the same stuff so its all good. Just abit short and abit easy to max out all your abilities.

But i'm confused of the story....wth just happened?

So like yeah...Apollo fell from the sky and was captured by Atlas which then led to Morpheus taking over the world...so Kratos must save the day. Kratos got the sun steeds to travel towards Apollo to save him but the steeds failed as it got nearer to Morpheus thus again our hero is cast into the underworld. All is fine and he must continue his quest....except....he hears the flute of his daughter and decides to go chase after her instead of continuing his quest.....then eventually he meets her daughter, finds out Persephone was behind all this....and kills her and chains Atlas to the world....but wtf? What happened to Morpheus and Apollo? Or am I missing something?

Just abit short and abit easy to max out all your abilities.

I know what you mean. After I was full on life and magic,

I think I found around 6 more chests that would normally contain eyes and feathers

. God mode is a little bit harder and the Challenges of Hades are damn near impossible. It is still a fun game though, and I'm playing it through for the third time already (currently in the Jails of Tartarsauce playing as Mr. Potatohead on god mode).

I only know that I'm so pissed off at the guys from SCEA for not releasing CoO for, at least, PS2 ¬¬

Gimme my GoW!!!! (either for PS2 or 3, I don't care, I won't buy a PSP)

Ready at Dawn said they won't bring it to PS2, but EGM reported a rumor that it will eventually. Hey, Ratchet and Clank made the jump...