What are the canon color schemes for a VF-19F?

Grayson72

Good idea Chad, I've been wondering the same thing. ;)

I would hate to waste such a cool set of wings by not making sure the color scheme is worthy of their use. On second thought, I'll let you stick with cannon, and I'll go for custom.

Hey cool thanks Ido, looks like those wings would work for the F and S versions then. The S version looks like it doesn't have the forward fins behind the cockpit like other versions of the 19.

Chris - I have seen those pics before, it looks pretty sweet actually. You think you can pull that scheme off, looks tough?

Got any pics of a 19 with the big sound booster pack in fighter mode?

Edited by Grayson72

Hey cool thanks Ido, looks like those wings would work for the F and S versions then. The S version looks like it doesn't have the forward fins behind the cockpit like other versions of the 19.

Got any pics of a 19 with the big sound booster pack in fighter mode?

red :p with face

Yep, that's correct. Simply attaching a set of F/S wings to a YF-19 or VF-19A does not make it a VF-19S/F.

Pretty much every part of the VF-19S/F is different from the YF-19. Major differences would be completely different lower leg design with vernier ankle ring, more outwardly placed tails, smaller shield, no canards, completely different shoulder shape with folding flaps on rear shoulders, plus many, many other differences.

If you put a set of those F/S wings on a Hasegawa YF-19, I guess you could call it a prototype VF-19F/S, but it would never be a true VF-19F/S without major resculpting of most parts.

Graham

Well maybe I'll go for a prototype S version then, I kinda like the sleekness of no canards on the front.

Are there any more accurate lineart references for these versions?

Edited by Grayson72

Chris - I have seen those pics before, it looks pretty sweet actually. You think you can pull that scheme off, looks tough?

Hi Chad,

I can't really do any painting where I currently live, plus I don't have an airbrush with me, so I won't have an opportunity to try for a while. :(

Christopher B))

I'd guess not at all canon.. considering that version of the -19 was never really seen outside of Mac+ (and a video game). The problem is the differences in the YF-19 and VF-19 are really difficult to bridge, so I guess people settle for inaccuracy so they can use the Hase YF-19 model. Actually, I'm not even entirely certain that a 1/72 VF-19 kit exists.. I'll have to check in the models section.

The problem is the differences in the YF-19 and VF-19 are really difficult to bridge, so I guess people settle for inaccuracy so they can use the Hase YF-19 model.  Actually, I'm not even entirely certain that a 1/72 VF-19 kit exists.. I'll have to check in the models section.

Be careful there :) VF-19A and the YF-19 are externally identical.

Edited by hellohikaru

The problem is the differences in the YF-19 and VF-19 are really difficult to bridge, so I guess people settle for inaccuracy so they can use the Hase YF-19 model.  Actually, I'm not even entirely certain that a 1/72 VF-19 kit exists.. I'll have to check in the models section.

Be careful there :) VF-19A and the YF-19 are externally identical.

The VF-19A thing seems to come up on every VF-19 thread out there. I think we get the idea already. ;)