1/72 VF-1A/J/S Valkyrie

Ido

Nice box art, but yet again, this combination kit does not include all of the decals from the kits it is supposed to combine from. ;)

The previous Super/Strike combination kit did not include the VF-1J head.

As much as I'm loving all these box arts, I really wish Hasegawa would just make a VF-1 that could be made into every form possible. VF-1S/J/A non fast pack mode and fast pack mode. It wouldnt be hard. I'm probably gonna be eating my words later when Hasegawa does do that. :rolleyes:

Guest Bromgrev
As much as I'm loving all these box arts, I really wish Hasegawa would just make a VF-1 that could be made into every form possible. VF-1S/J/A non fast pack mode and fast pack mode. It wouldnt be hard. I'm probably gonna be eating my words later when Hasegawa does do that. :rolleyes:

We'd still have to buy enough kits to make all the different versions. I'd prefer is they just did single-version kits for everything - wait, then I wouldn't have all those spare parts and decals to play with ... :huh:

IMO they should do:

Basic vf-1 a/s/j (tv version parts and decals), this include pilot, amm-1, uum-7 and photo etch details.

Basic vf-1 a/s/j (movie version parts and decals), this include pilot, amm-1, uum-7 and photo etch details.

Fastpack set(movie and tv), just like the yamato one, this include rms-1 and photo etch details for fp.

We'd still have to buy enough kits to make all the different versions. I'd prefer is they just did single-version kits for everything - wait, then I wouldn't have all those spare parts and decals to play with ... :huh:

Heh, thats the point. Since we have to buy that same kit 50 times to make all the versions, they'll still make money off us. It'll just be nice knowing that the kit has the ability to make all the versions of the VF-1 in fighter mode. I wouldnt even care if they raise the price to their more expensive kits which is somewhere around 26, 28 dollars.

Good to see that kit of the old "naked" Valkyrie back again.

Howewer, I´m not sure If I buy one. When the first came out I went crazy and bought 10 to cover all the versions and paint schemes I wanted. I did not even buy the Max/Milia combo because I already had a pile of VF-1J´s at the time it came out. Over the time I managed to build ONE....

For one who has missed the older issues this kit is surely welcome, but I agree Hasegawa could have at least included a more comprehensive decal sheet with ALL of the major schemes to choose from.

I mean, two years ago you could get the limited VF-1 D with many newly molded parts, Propagteam decals AND Photoetch for the same price tag...a bargain.

But I´m not complaining, maybe I will just get one for the beautiful box art or for Gerwalk Conversion (come on Hasegawa...say I don´t need to do that).

The Hasegawa 2002 Macross Calendar has features the box art, well at least (12) of them. My calendar is in storage, so I'm not sure exactly which pictures are featured.

Yes, gerwalk kits would be nice, as well as a GBP-1 and VF-11.

Where are the PE parts for the Macross Plus and Macross Zero kits as well?

If anyone wants max blue or kakizaki green from DYRL? i have a mostly complete decal sheet from a VF1A that i was building.(no longer since the wings are on my battroid)Send me a PM if you want them and ill ship them free of charge.

sean

• 2 months later...

slightly OT here, i notice that Hasegawa released both TV and DYRL? version of VF-1. i search the board, but none describe the difference between the TV and movie version, nor was there a sticky. i certainly cannot see any difference from the photos in HLJ. can someone enlighten a noob?? thanks!

It's mostly the paint schemes, all the main characters planes schemes are different between the movie and the TV show except for Roy's.

Also, the hands are different on the battroids and so are the flight suits.

I'm sure there's more I just can't think of any right now.

Edited by Grayson72

From the Hase point of view the difference between TV and movie is just a paint scheme and decals. The kits are exactly the same, not even the cockpit is different (and it should be!!) Some people says that the nose just before the canopy should be more rounded in the TV version, but I think that in fighter mode there are no more external differences.