What's bothering me so much is, if they want a totally different story, they shouldn't use the name "miami vice" and all of it's casts.

At least put "miami vice III" or something.

391714[/snapback]

How about The-Miami-Vice-Motion-Picture-Ruined-By-A-Present-Day-Setting-And-Piss-Poor-Casting? Well, maybe that's a bit too long to fit on a marquee. Maybe Michael Mann's Miami Mess would be better.

Better than Heat shootout!?!

We'll see, but personally I'm hoping that the movie helps the DVD release of the TV series along. Best of both worlds. Given that it seems like the studio really wants a name, all the better than Mann agree to shepard this version of it as well, so we at least get someone who knows how the original worked.

• 2 months later...
The Miami Vice website (www.miamivice.com) recently posted a big update with a lot of clips and background info. It all looks really promising.

12 days to go...

416638[/snapback]

This flick looks sweeeettttt!!!

T-minus 10 days ...

B))

• 7 months later...

I got my two sets just now at Best Buy. They have a special this week if you buy both sets they are only $50 for the pair... plus Season Three has a $3 off coupon for Season Four on it. Grand total out the door should be $47 plus tax for BOTH this week.

I'm watching disc one of Season Three right now (posting from my lappy). Folks who own Seasons One and Two will be glad to hear this: NO MORE DOUBLE SIDED DISCS! Seasons Three and Four come on Five single siders!

I'll post a full review of both seasons once I've watched them all. So far picture quality is about the same and audio is about the same as well. As with Season Two, no special features. More to come... B)) <- Sonny Crockett Smiley

I got my two sets just now at Best Buy. They have a special this week if you buy both sets they are only $50 for the pair... plus Season Three has a $3 off coupon for Season Four on it. Grand total out the door should be $47 plus tax for BOTH this week.

I wish I heard this before spending $85.....

The new disc format is a welcome change though. I'm still happy that season 2 didn't have those annoying dvd holders that required violence to get a disc out.

• 2 weeks later...

JsARCLIGHT's mini review of the Season Three box set:

Having finished watching Season Three last night I must say the overall picture quality is improving across the releases. Season Three's episodes looked much better on my plasma, less graininess and general "old tyme" picture quality appearance. Audio is still the remixed 5.1 and still sounds nice. Absolutely NO special features as said earlier, they even took out the episode synopses from the episode selection screens. They may have gone to five single sided discs versus three double siders but they sure as heck cheaped out on the "presentation" (menus). As before, nothing changed... no music replaced and no cuts. Vice just as it should be.

Verdict: If you are hardcore Vice as I am then "special features" are no concern to not buy this set. Season three... the Daytona goes boom, Zito gets dead, the show gets darker and still two seasons to go.

Speaking of which...

SCOOP!

Miami Vice Season FIVE is to be released June 26th

• 7 years later...