Bandai armour?

CdnShockwave

do you mean for the 1/55 scale GBP armor? you have to mention what toy and scale for us to be able to truly help you. the armor for the bandai is old and has not been reissued, if you want one you can try ebay sometimes they come up but they cost alot. I think there is a recast on this board but i cannot remember. or if you mean the super strike packs ditto as above some times you can find them loose on ebay and this site, and i believe there is a recast for those to. bandai did reissue them but you have to buy the full VF-1S to get them.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

do you mean for the 1/55 scale GBP armor? you have to mention what toy and scale for us to be able to truly help you. the armor for the bandai is old and has not been reissued, if you want one you can try ebay sometimes they come up but they cost alot. I think there is a recast on this board but i cannot remember. or if you mean the super strike packs ditto as above some times you can find them loose on ebay and this site, and i believe there is a recast for those to. bandai did reissue them but you have to buy the full VF-1S to get them.

chris

It's the 1/55 armour. Basically it looks like this http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/bandstrike_1.jpg , only I don't really care what colour, so long as it's armour. I'd prefer it in red, but I wouldn't complain if I could get any colour.

because you are looking for red armor which is usually only found on the 1/55 scale Jetfire from transformers. some times on this site Transformers are simply called trannys :p yea i think there is a recast for the GBP i am pretty certain i saw one. the GBP armor is another set of armor for the valks, let me see if i can find a pic of one.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

here is the pic of the GBP armor these are very cool to the original can fetch over $200.00 for the 1/55 i believe there is a recast i think that arafat used to have them <_< naturally

because you are looking for red armor which is usually only found on the 1/55 scale Jetfire from transformers. some times on this site Transformers are simply called trannys :p yea i think there is a recast for the GBP i am pretty certain i saw one. the GBP armor is another set of armor for the valks, let me see if i can find a pic of one.

chris

Ahh, ok. I'm a bit more informed when it comes to Transformers (called TFs on the boards I'm usually on). But yeah, basically a set of Jetfire armour would be cool.

What's the quality of recasts? I really want this set of armour for the VF-1A I'm getting, so I'm open to suggestions.

I also found a pic of the exact armour I'm looking for, but like I said, colour isn't really an issue, but red is preferred.

jetfire.jpg

quality of recast varies from the people making it, if you find one for sale you will have to ask them what the quality is. you may find some that are perfect you may find some that need major work in order to look nice, keep in mind that recasts will need to be painted because they are made of resin. try ebay and the Macrossworld Wanted section (just post a thread asking if anyone has a original or recast and is willing to sell) sometimes you can find the parts you need, transformer parts are always up on ebay, you may have to buy parts seperatly (arm parts from one auction gun from another)

but i am sure you will find what you need

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Found this on an Ebay search. The armor would look great on your 1A

I'll probably get some crap for posting this.....

ebay 2

Is that actually Bandai armour? I was looking at it and the size almost looks like it's the Yamato armour put on a Bandai fig. Am I right? Did Bandai release that set of armour (with the cannon on the right rocket booster)?

Found this on an Ebay search. The armor would look great on your 1A

I'll probably get some crap for posting this.....

ebay 2

Is that actually Bandai armour? I was looking at it and the size almost looks like it's the Yamato armour put on a Bandai fig. Am I right? Did Bandai release that set of armour (with the cannon on the right rocket booster)?

Bandai armor. Bandai only released the srtike armor as as set with a VF-1S Hikaru.

MacrossWorld more than just forums!

What's the quality of recasts? I really want this set of armour for the VF-1A I'm getting, so I'm open to suggestions.

Is the VF-1A a re-issue? If so, you might want to look for the reissue fastpacks (armor), because the reissue has a more curved wrist area then the original bandai VF--1A. Your forearm armor may not fit properly

Edited by Gunbuster

the 1a should also come with it's own gun and gun clip, so all you should need is the armor. Ebay is probably the best place to try, although I've seen sets of jetfire armor sell for $50+ in mint shape. You can get a reissue vf-1s super with armor for not much more than that.

Recaster's are great, and we have some excellent ones here at MW, but they mostly focus on the harder to obtain parts from sets that weren't re-issued. I haven't heard of anybody recasting super armor since the reissue.

you can also try posting in the wanted section. You may be able to trade for a set rather than shell out cash.