HELP! question about 1/55's from past2now

kanata67

:( OK... I'm trying to complete at least one collection. What I need you wonderful people to help me with is compiling a difinitve list of all the 1/55 valks ever made so I know when I have them all. Yeah... I have a problem :unsure:

anyways... I know some

taka... max, milla, vf-j, gbp, gbp giftset,?

bandai hi metal... 1a, vt-1, ve-1, super,?

bandai reisse... max, milla, 1a, 1s, 1s super, 1j, cannon fodder

joon's... patriot, max, milla, space gandam, green,?

"robotec" fighter [korean]?

Taiwanese... super, strike [packaged valk only]

matsushiro... brit valk, jetfire painted wing, and stickered wing?

galaxy defender

elcheapo carded abs crap

french release

I want to know more about the french one. I have never actually seen one but I know they exist as I have wings for one in my bits box.

Anyhow... If you know of any I forgot, not counting the mpc's, please let me know.

yep... collecing bootlegs... like they will go up in value. :(

ALso... anybody made custom removable armor for the hcm vf"s yet? I know kid did JM ones and 1/100.

Takatoku: VF1J Hikaru, VF1S, VF1A Cannon Fodder, VF1J Millia, VF1J Max, VF1S Super giftset, VF1S GBP giftset, GBP armor

Bandai Hi Metal Series: VF1A Hikaru, VT-1 Superostrich, VE-1 Elintseeker, VF1S Strike

Bandai 1990: VF1S Super

Bandai 2001 - 2002: VF1J Hikaru, VF1S, VF1A Cannon Fodder, VF1A Hikaru, VF1J MAX, VF1J Millia, VF1S Super

hey Kanata, long time no see. Anyway, Frank and sons has the joons green valk if you need it. The guy wants like 60 to 70 bucks for it. I can probably haggle it down but not guarenteed. let me know if you still want it. I believe it's the VF-1J green. Let me know. ;):p:D:lol:

I am soooo going to pass on the green joon's. I have yet to pay more than $30 for a joon's and I'm not about to start now, especially when all I need is a loose one. Is there another joon's I'm missing? Any other bootlegs I don't know about? any info on the french one?

Takatoku: VF1J Hikaru, VF1S, VF1A Cannon Fodder, VF1J Millia, VF1J Max, VF1S Super giftset, VF1S GBP giftset, GBP armor

Bandai Hi Metal Series: VF1A Hikaru, VT-1 Superostrich, VE-1 Elintseeker, VF1S Strike

Bandai 1990 hi-metal: VF1S Super http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5958291525&rd=1 "says hi-metal on the box"

Bandai 2001 - 2002: VF1J Hikaru, VF1S, VF1A Cannon Fodder, VF1A Hikaru, VF1J MAX, VF1J Millia, VF1S Super

joon's... patriot [red, white, & blue], max, milla, space gandam, green,?

galaxy defender

elcheapo carded abs crap

french release

Edited by kanata67

:( OK... I'm trying to complete at least one collection. What I need you wonderful people to help me with is compiling a difinitve list of all the 1/55 valks ever made so I know when I have them all. Yeah... I have a problem :unsure:

anyways... I know some

taka... max, milla, vf-j, gbp, gbp giftset,?

bandai hi metal... 1a, vt-1, ve-1, super,?

bandai reisse... max, milla, 1a, 1s, 1s super, 1j, cannon fodder

joon's... patriot, max, milla, space gandam, green,?

galaxy defender

elcheapo carded abs crap

french release

I want to know more about the french one. I have never actually seen one but I know they exist as I have wings for one in my bits box.

Anyhow... If you know of any I forgot, not counting the mpc's, please let me know.

yep... collecing bootlegs... like they will go up in value. :(

ALso... anybody made custom removable armor for the hcm vf"s yet? I know kid did JM ones and 1/100.

The 'Robotec' bootlegs were made by a company called Popeye, oddly enough, and had really nice boxes. They made the Hikaru 1J and also the green 1J

I have made several custom armors for my HCM valks, all you need is a Hasegawa 1/72 super,strike, ostrich, or elintseeker kit.

only bootlegs i remember are the joons, Transformable Galaxy Warrior, and I think its called robot jet too bad I can't look at the old boards since I think somebody post a picture of it here.

oh and that one with the 2 led in the cockpit.

it was called the "galaxy defender" and it sold for like $10 at target and walmart....they might still have some since the toys were kind of an eye sore. :blink:

and yes, i remember the valk with the LED cockpit. the only redeeming quality that made it worthwhile was to get the gunpod/clip and missiles. :lol:

only bootlegs i remember are the joons, Transformable Galaxy Warrior,  and I think its called robot jet too bad I can't look at the old boards since I think somebody post a picture of it here.

it was called the "galaxy defender" and it sold for like $10 at target and walmart....they might still have some since the toys were kind of an eye sore. :blink:

and yes, i remember the valk with the LED cockpit. the only redeeming quality that made it worthwhile was to get the gunpod/clip and missiles. :lol:

[link. clicking here will cause hairloss]

only bootlegs i remember are the joons, Transformable Galaxy Warrior,  and I think its called robot jet too bad I can't look at the old boards since I think somebody post a picture of it here.

[link. clicking here will cause hairloss]

:lol::lol::lol::lol: $72,000 :lol::lol::lol:

I guess I'll have to stop refering to that one as the "el cheapo" if it's worth $72K!!!!!!!!

maybe the three I have on card with be worth more than a buck each in the future.

"There is also an Italian release by Cerrutti?? of a single box Hikaru VF-1S with the Strike Valkyrie box art on the front. Box looks similar to the Bandai "Strike" but imagine a single Takatoku box w/ no window on it."

Is that this one? I thought this was from taiwan like the non bandai super I have, or is there another thats similar?

I guess I'll have to stop refering to that one as the "el cheapo" if it's worth $72K!!!!!!!!

maybe the three I have on card with be worth more than a buck each in the future.

"There is also an Italian release by Cerrutti?? of a single box Hikaru VF-1S with the Strike Valkyrie box art on the front. Box looks similar to the Bandai "Strike" but imagine a single Takatoku box w/ no window on it."

Is that this one? I thought this was from taiwan like the non bandai super I have, or is there another thats similar?

That looks like the one. Do you own that piece?

hey exo... I own both the strike [without armor] and the super I posted pics of. I got both of them as a package deal from somebody here on the boards about a year ago. I didn't get much background info on them at the time. The seller said the super was taiwanese and I just assumed the strike was as well.

a second version of the taiwanese super?!?! I may just have to skip that one.

For those who are interested... and I can see this coming...

besides needing the taka's and some of the hi-metals, boxes mostly,

to my knowledge I only need the following to complete my collection of boots

green joon's [loose ok as I have a box waiting]

Matsushiro single [non jetfire] boxed

galaxy defender boxed

french valk boxed, more info please

Obviously I want to know about stuff that I am unaware of, but pics are better as apparently I may already have some of the stuff I'm looking for :rolleyes:

Edited by kanata67

hey exo... I own both the strike [without armor] and the super I posted pics of. I got both of them as a package deal from somebody here on the boards about a year ago. I didn't get much background info on them at the time. The seller said the super was taiwanese and I just assumed the strike was as well.

a second version of the taiwanese super?!?! I may just have to skip that one.

galaxy defender boxed

french valk boxed, more info please

Obviously I want to know about stuff that I am unaware of, but pics are better as apparently I may already have some of the stuff I'm looking for :rolleyes:

I think your referring to me. I don't think "exo" is even in on this thread. :D Thank for the info.

By the way, I'm the guy who sent you the large Hergoss wings. I also have the nose section if you're interested.

Below is a picture I believe I found somewhere in this forum but I couldn't find the exact page. Apparently HappyWell is issuing another VF-1S bootleg this spring. Here is is in the new orange box. It looks like the mold hasn't changed but the valk color scheme has.

post-4-1109391638_thumb.jpg

sweet valkfan. I couldn't remeber where those particular wings came from. I think I have over a dozen sets of wings in my bits box and they stand out LOL. I might be interested in the nose cone but I'm not parting with my o' till I get a boxed one, sorry. Was it you I got the 1/100 seeker kit from as well?

GReat info though. It's sooooo damn hard buying something when you don't know what it's called. Was it mad in france or just sold there? Any other info about it?

Are there any joon's I need besides the green one? This is what I have... I think. Old pic and not everything is unpacked.

oh yeah... sorry for refering to xstoys as exo... I work nights and am usually bomed by the time I get on the pc.

Actually i think the one on the right is supposed to be the Angelbirds one not a bootleg that looks like the one from space gandam.

?

Space gandam came with amber canopy and "yin-yang" symbols on the wings where the macross symbol normally is.

Oh yeah.. I got my "robotec" in the mail last week. Cool box art, better plastic than joon's, but worse molds [lots of flash still on it]. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

Yep... trying to get one of every 1/55. I'm happy to trade sharp pointy things and lord knows what else to anybody who has something I don't. Hint hint ewilen :lol: . Any other 1/55 not on the list?

sweet valkfan. I couldn't remeber where those particular wings came from. I think I have over a dozen sets of wings in my bits box and they stand out LOL. I might be interested in the nose cone but I'm not parting with my o' till I get a boxed one, sorry. Was it you I got the 1/100 seeker kit from as well?

GReat info though. It's sooooo damn hard buying something when you don't know what it's called. Was it mad in france or just sold there? Any other info about it?

Are there any joon's I need besides the green one? This is what I have... I think. Old pic and not everything is unpacked.

oh yeah... sorry for refering to xstoys as exo... I work nights and am usually bomed by the time I get on the pc.

Depends on if you are collecting distinct boxes or just distinct toys inside them.

Here are 2 ya don't have:

- grey 1J Joons with smoke canopy in Macross box

- grey 1J Joons with amber canopy and yin-yang symbols in Space Fighter box. These were actually advertised in the old Comico robotech comics, so they're old

Edited by glane21

- grey 1J Joons with amber canopy and yin-yang symbols in Space Fighter box. These were actually advertised in the old Comico robotech comics, so they're old

I thought the "space fighter" was the matsushiro... not a joon's. :unsure:

I thought the "space fighter" was the matsushiro... not a joon's. :unsure:

Well, I ordered one of these back in the day which is why I know about them. The quality was definitely Joons grade. No metal inner legs, the canopy was not panel lined, and the 1J visor was not painted. The inner tray was styrofoam and the outer box definitely said Space Fighter but had no manufacturer name at all.

$24.95 from the Robot Store in New York, which advertised regularly in the Comico Robotech comics. I can probably find the ad if I can locate my old comics.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks to sbarrett4 I now have a joon's hikaru 1j, displacing the taka that had been resting in the box. Looking at it compared to the gandam...

was there any real difference between the two besides the color of the canopy? The gandam seems a slightly different shade of grey but that could very likely be due to it's condition. I'll post updated pics of the joon's side by side shortly.

• 2 months later...

Depends on if you are collecting distinct boxes or just distinct toys inside them.

Here are 2 ya don't have:

- grey 1J Joons with smoke canopy in Macross box

apparently I now have both. Got the hijaru from sbarrett4 and just scored the space fighter of ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

galaxy defender boxed

french valk boxed

also... more info on spanish box 1990 vf-1s super min.