WonderFest News and "non"Recon Thread

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Oh man, I need to chime in. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! No macross items? Aw crap. I was praying for 2 seaters. That was the reason why I skipped out on the 1/60s. I mean when the 2-seaters and CFs come out, I am sure will be the Yamato's biggest customer. This news is defintely sad. *Sigh*. I really hate to cannibalize my current valks for the 2 seaters though but I will do it if I need to. :ph34r: I know some are kinda happy the 1/48 VF-1 will come to an end but I for one love the VF-1 and the 1/48 is by far the best in terms of design from the TV and movie.

I want the YF-19FP as well. Yeah, I know someone can make the FPs but I dont have a YF-19 for the FPs to fit them on as most don't have them as well.

Tis a sad day for me... Now I need to hunt for more 1/48 VF-1s...

cool but i ain't ordering jack doodie from HLJ, i hate playing the waiting game with them.

i'm sure we'll be able to pick these up stateside and not pay and arm and a leg for shipping. according to HLJ, they should be about $30 for the set of 10....not bad, not bad at all. heres the link for those who want to pre-order but i would suggest waiting since they'll probably have an early/later bird special where you'll get 10% off but not if you pre-ordered them...they won't honor that. :rolleyes: that doesn't make much sense does it? :lol:

cool but i ain't ordering jack doodie from HLJ, i hate playing the waiting game with them.

i'm sure we'll be able to pick these up stateside and not pay and arm and a leg for shipping. according to HLJ, they should be about $30 for the set of 10....not bad, not bad at all. heres the link for those who want to pre-order but i would suggest waiting since they'll probably have an early/later bird special where you'll get 10% off but not if you pre-ordered them...they won't honor that. :rolleyes: that doesn't make much sense does it? :lol:

I have a character flaw...I find it oddly comforting to know I have something preordered and don't have to worry about it. HLJ has me suckered there. I don't really mind waiting the extra few weeks to get it either....I just like knowing it will come and I don't have to think about it anymore.

You ever get your LowVis?

Waiting game?

When was the last time you ordered from HLJ? I've NEVER had to wait more than 2 weeks for my order to arrive and the shipping is always reasonable. As long as you order something that's in stock, they're good from my experiences.

i'm sure we'll be able to pick these up stateside and not pay and arm and a leg for shipping.  according to HLJ, they should be about $30 for the set of 10....not bad, not bad at all.  heres the link for those who want to pre-order but i would suggest waiting since they'll probably have an early/later bird special where you'll get 10% off but not if you pre-ordered them...they won't honor that.  :rolleyes:  that doesn't make much sense does it?  :lol:

I have a character flaw...I find it oddly comforting to know I have something preordered and don't have to worry about it. HLJ has me suckered there. I don't really mind waiting the extra few weeks to get it either....I just like knowing it will come and I don't have to think about it anymore.

You ever get your LowVis?

i hear ya but if i pre-order from anyone else on the web, they actually take the time to update me so i know whats going on. HLJ, you don't have a clue, when you do try to talk to them, they make you jump through a bunch of hoops and you'll maybe get an answer....maybe.

off topic,

LV, yeah i got it. it wasn't MIB as its was stated, more like LIB(loose in box). i could easily tell that the valk had been TF'ed more than a few times(finger prints on the weathering) since i've owned over a dozen of them(all new) and none of the ones i own and played with was as loose as this LV. the box itself was kind of bleh, scratches all over, dings, corners all white and peeling up...not very pretty.

i would've gone into it further in that particular thread but people kept chiming in telling me what a great deal i got. while it seemed harmless to them, i didn't appreciate it much and i didn't want to get into it any further at that point. in the end, i finally aquired the last valk in my 1/48 collection so i guess i'm happy.

they have those at frank and sons.  There was a set of three for $40, Dunno if their still there.  I know D bought  a set.

really? i'm gonna start looking around for them cause they're kind of sweet!

yes the HLJ waiting game...

you pay out the butt for EMS shipping which is supposedly 3-5 days but it takes(as you said) 2 weeks to arrive. anyone else see something wrong with that? yeah i know customs can hold it up but if i charged you $15 for priority mail shipping and you receive the item 2 weeks later, how would you feel? not happy i'd imagine. HLJ does a great job getting some cool stuff but if HLJs got it, then toy-wave will have it. if toy-wave doesn't have it, then Neova or Seichii can find it. all these dudes will ship immediately as opposed to HLJ which uses the when-they-feel-like-it or when-they-have-enough-packages-to-ship program. thanks but no thanks, thats just my opinion. :)

Edited by haterist

they have those at frank and sons. There was a set of three for $40, Dunno if their still there. I know D bought a set.

I'd say those were the US toys by Joyride Studios, not the Japanese ones. Joyride's set of three is teh colonial viper, cylon raider, and cylon centurion. The ships are about the size of a star wars action fleet.

they have those at frank and sons.  There was a set of three for $40, Dunno if their still there.  I know D bought  a set.

I'd say those were the US toys by Joyride Studios, not the Japanese ones. Joyride's set of three is teh colonial viper, cylon raider, and cylon centurion. The ships are about the size of a star wars action fleet.

The Konami Japanese BSG toys are not due for release until March.

Graham

well i'm glad to see a VF-0 at all...i mean it might not be something big but it's something i've wanted for a long time now...all in all, i'm not disappointed by yamato nor pleased for what they've done to macross...can't complain since they've given us our dream toys for the past few years :):rolleyes: