Okay...who can spare $80,000

Myersjessee

Ha! I was gonna say something about the wings being a little short, but then I read the article and it said it was done on purpose for shipping and travel purposes.

It would be awesome to have, but I would take out the Rebel Assault game from it and put in something better, like XWA.

A couple of years back, Nieman Marcus has those rare items sold in the catalogue for Xmas and it was the 1:1 X-wing completely detailed and right to scale. I think it was back in 1999. I forgot how much it was auctioned but it was over $40,000.

And to be a real Star Wars geek: The S-foils needs to be folded with the landing down. S-foils are attack mode. :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHHAHA!!! Go ask Godzilla to sell his entire collection and then give you all his money. :lol:

I remember seeing that awhile back... craziness! :ph34r:

I gotta be smoking crack to do that. So to answer the your question: Hell no.

Good answer. Macross > Star Wars anyways. :p

so where you live Godzilla? address? :ph34r:

Why? So you can "see" my valk collection? I already posted the 65 valk mess. Thinking I am going to give away samples? Let me reiterate my last statement:

gotta be smoking crack to do that. So to answer the your question: Hell no.
:p

Now if you want to come over and help me setup some dioramas, I got no problems with it.

Looks quite a lot like the real film prop...about the same size too...

Way back in the summer of 1986 I was at Disneyland for the opening of the then brand new Star Tours simulation ride...after waiting in the que, then enjoying the ride, you exit into a fairly large Star Wars shop full of all sorts of tee-shirts, SW toys, etc...and hanging from the ceiling was a full size X-wing...wall plaque stated it was used in ESB...the wings were closed, but the landing gear was down...didn't look any bigger, or more real, or even all that more detailed then this mock-up does...

And haveing seen quite a number of film props, sets, even minatures...they rearly if ever look as good in person as they do on film...course that is what they are constructed to do...look good on film...with the right lighting and cameraman a cheap cardboard mockup could look pretty damn real :lol:

Seriously...who the hell would want that giant toy and what the heck would you do with it? :blink:

rent it out to a movie theater for displaying during the opening weekend of episode III...rent it out to sci-fi conventions, airshows and such...parades...heck it would prolly pay for itself in a couple of years, there is a small industry dedicated to such things (every thing from batmobile mock-ups to giant inflateable monkeys...just attention grabbing displays inorder to draw peoples intrest)...a guy around here built a hot-rod blown big-block powered oversized shopping card (its like 10 feet tall) and rents it out for parades, opening of shopping malls/walmarts

• 2 months later...