Say is that a Monster there...?

Burn

Sources I cannot reveal for security reasons gave me this picture of a camp of the US Army's 1st Armored Division in Iraq. In the front you can see some Airforce Soldiers on patrol, in the background what seems to be a Destroid that goes by the designation "Monster". More information will follow...

NOTE: this image is for your eyes only and not to be distributed outside of this board... :D

---edit---

Damn, it should read "Say, is that a Monster there...?". Sorry 'bout that... :blush:

---edit 2---

Never mind, someone changed it. Thnx...

post-5-1063964871_thumb.jpg

Edited by Burn

This pictures shows the aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) as it executes a sharp turn to starboard. Stennis, deployed two months prior to its scheduled departure date, and her battle group were operating in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. As you can see in the highlighted area, a VF-1(S?) is getting ready for launch as part of a combat test conducted by the US military as part of Operation Enduring Freedom. Picture taken by unnamed photgrapher on Jan. 16, 2002

StrikeVF-1S-CVN74.JPG

On the second picture you can see more clear evidence for the existence of Variable Fighter Technology. The Landing Signals Officer monitors a test pilot in a VF-1A in Gerwalk configuration on final approach about to land aboard USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74). The source however states that the pilot experienced trouble with the (later revealed to be faulty) flight controls in Gerwalk mode which led to a wrong approach vector. Seconds after the picture was taken the machine crashed into the landing strip, its legs, gun and nose getting severely damaged in the process, the pilot remained unharmed. Picture taken on Feb. 8, 2002

VF-1landing.JPG

Photo 3 shows a fighter designated VF-2SS ready for catapult launch from aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74). Note the different coloring and the additional thrusters on the back of the plane, which points towards multi-mach capability and possibly use in space. Exact time and date of picture unclear, probably around Feb./March 2002

VF2-catlaunch-stennis.jpg

Photo 4, the most interesting photo so far, shows a VF-1A about to complete a VTOL landing in the so-called "Gerwalk Configuration" aboard the USS John C. Stennis. Previous problems with flight control system seem to have been solved. Picture taken by unnamed crewman on April 14, 2002.

vf-1vtol.jpg

Hey Burn, can I ask you a question:

Would you like it if I could host your VF-2SS image with the aircraft carrier over on my M2M: Macross II Mechas site?

Just wondering if you want to send me your fanart?

That's all.^^

NOTE: this image is for your eyes only and not to be distributed outside of this board... :D

uuhh...Nevermind, Burn. If you don't want to distribute these images anywhere else, that's fine. I was just asking if you like to have the VF-2SS one hosted on my site, but forget it.^^

Thnx, everybody.

CaptRico: That remark about the images being "for your eyes only and not to be distributed outside of this board" was just a joke playing on the supposed-to-be authentic nature of the pics. :D

I know this may not be necessary to say this, but, of course the pictures are not real. :D^_^ I did all of these myself in Photoshop using photographs of modelkits.

Edited by Burn