whatcha think about a new VF head?

do not disturb

so how about it?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. so how about it?

• yes, a newly designed MW 1/48 VF head would be awesome?
    • no, you suck and your idea sucks too?

Could someone make one based off of that animation error with a 1A head with 1J lasers mounted on it...

You mean like the Robotech Jack Archer VF-1R? :blink:

Yes.

Now moving on from the flamebait...

Imagine if it was done RIGHT instead of making it a VF-11 ripoff(and a bad one at that).

Just because HG made a poopie head doesn't mean everyone would.

Could someone make one based off of that animation error with a 1A head with 1J lasers mounted on it...

Yes.

Now attempting to salvage what was originally intended for a quick laugh...

Imagine if it was done RIGHT instead of making it a VF-11 ripoff(and a bad one at that).

GAH! No idea where this came from.

Edited by JB0

Yes.

What is it that you want to change about it? IMHO, it looks nothing like a VF-11... it really does look like a VF-1A head with side lasers... :huh:

Heres a drawn picture of it...

whats "wrong" about it?

Yes.

What is it that you want to change about it? IMHO, it looks nothing like a VF-11... it really does look like a VF-1A head with side lasers... :huh:

Heres a drawn picture of it...

whats "wrong" about it?

For starters, the hexagonal shape of the head.

The VF-1A head was never as ... streamlined, I guess... as the VF-1R head is, either.

I do grant it bears a bit more resemblance ot the movie 1A head than the TV 1A head, but it reminds me more of a 11 head that's been smashed than it does a 1A head.

so do you mean like this? this a VF-1A head with literally 1J lasers mounted on the side of its head... :huh:

This was just really rough to get an idea of what youre talking about. Would you prefer the middle laser to be facing forward? :unsure:

Edited by AlphaHX

*shrugs*

I think someting not ugly can be done based on that little animation error.

Alas, my art skills suck, or I'd churn a few out myself.

And I prefer the back-facing laser. It extends the lines of the head instead of breaking them up.

1A's never been my favorite head to start with, but the laser flipped forward messes up the look badly.

It's late right now. This may all seem very stupid to me tomorrow.

I honestly only mentioned it because I saw Agent ONE's "Valks with faces = ultimate lameness" line. There's always something worse, and for Basara's valk, that something is the 1R head.

Yay, some more drawings of UN-MARINES stuff! Whoo!

Nice man, but the legs seem a bit short? Not the thighs, the chunky thighs are awesome, the lower legs. If they were longer, they might fit in a bit more. The rest of the mech is badass, and I really dig the "grunt" head.

hey thanks, yosho :D

uh oh.... looks like i'm the hijacker now.... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

don't hurt me..... :lol::lol::lol:

Hi-jack away. You're a great artist. I'm not going to get in your way. I dont want to be trampled. Dont hurt me. :p

are you related to kawamori? cause you do good VF designs, not just the head but the entire craft. it has a F/A-22 feeling to it. how about an electronic warfare version of the head for your design?

Seriously, hes has great designs. But dont count yourself short strider, I like your designs as well. So much talent in this forum. Geez...

Anyone would like to share some with me? ;)

thanks UN-marine, looks like this topic is starting to become home for new VF designs, maybe i'll do one and post it here, i always log in around 10 pm, so right now i gotta get some sleep. i barely have five hours to do so.

maybe my design will be something new in transformation sequence. maybe you guys noticed that there are certain types of transformation in macross:

- the clasic style like the VF-1,11,0,etc., the arms go beetwen the legs

- highly complex stile like the 19, Sv-51. while the 19 has similar fighter structure like the ones above i put it aside due to a higher complexity in its transformation

- general galaxy stile, like the 17 and 21,22, these guys have the arms on the sides, and the fighter appearance is to keep'em stealth.

hope i try something new, as long as it doesn't look like the one on the macross II comic thread.

here's fighter mode, side and front. did not put much work into this images since i wanted them to be clean to show certain details, but if you want i can do one with shadowing effect like the custo 19 i did.

by the way, please don't hurt me but have you ever wondered how would a VF-1 look like if it have a gundam head? :p

post-4-1108245931_thumb.jpg

thanks UN-marine, since you submited first an original design maybe i should call mine the VFX-3, i wanted to keep it as a simple yet funcional design since if there was a contest for a military contract it would be probably picked as their option, remember what happened with the YF-22 and YF-23, they elected the simplier, easiest to maintain and most functional one.

mmmmm, maybe i should cal my company ''light sword cypher corp.''.

if someone has the time to clean my image i would greatly apreciate it, i used to have a program for my old scaner wich allowed me to make a scan into black and white only, but damned XP won't allow me to insatle it, it was MGI photo suit, if anyone can find an XP version, please let me know, i really would like to submit my design with some cool color schemes, also UN-marine, i also would like to see your design in color.

maybe tomorrow i will post more design as soon as i can come up with them, both heads and maybe VFs.

mmm... that gave me an idea, tomorrow i'm gonna post an image of a VF-1 with a custom head, maybe it will be one of the ones i posted or maybe a new one, and will add custom fast packs and perhaps custom gun-pod, or what about a mecha-scale shot gun.

maybe the fast pack will be like the ones used by the VF-2SS, the biggest and collest set of fast packs ever.

ups, forgot this, do you want the image to be clear like the last two i submitted or do you want it to be with shadwing effect like the custom 19 i drew in my notebook, i think that image is on page 5, by the way since it is not a poll the first to reply to this message gets the image the way he chooses, either clean or with shadowing effect.

OK, right now i am taking a break here at my work, so i did this quickie for all of you to see, once i get home and after i do all the other things i need to do ill come back and see if i can upload any other design i come up with.

P.S. does anyone has an image of the MW color scheme?

post-4-1108416345_thumb.jpg