1/18 Tachikoma model kit

Hi all.

Here's the test-shot Tachikoma model that I'm finishing up. There are a few bits that I left off for the pics; namely the fingers, lenses and wheels for the feet; the hot glue I use to temporarily affix the parts would just have damaged them.

There are no fewer than 70 pieces in total, and will be molded in 4 colors. The final molding process has commenced, and final castings will be done in about 10 days.

For those interested in obtaining a kit, you can do so by ordering directly from Samurai Monkey Models http://www.samurai-monkey.com

Orders placed in the first 30 days will be at the special introductory price.

post-26-1105646611_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome!  My financial situation just took a crap, otherwise I would be first on that list...  <_<

I think I'm first on the list regardless! :D

yeah, because I PMd you that MN put up a preorder and you'll miss out on the price!

don't you mean "irregardless"? :lol:

I really don't know if there'd be enough demand for a variable Moto-slave. I like the mecha a lot, but even in 1/12 or 1/15 it would probably top $200, and I doubt there would be 50-60 people ready to pay that much.

youch, ;)

yet, is the megazone23garland much more popular?? we see that yamato has genuine confidence in the garland for profit. B))

well, it's great too hear such a high caliber sculptor proclaim admiration for one of artmic's fabulous ride-armor designs! :D

it's a longshot but....perhaps a 'field of dreams', ...if you make it they will buy? :rolleyes:

cant blame me for trying ;)

I actually like BGC more than Megazone 23: part II was great, but parts 1 & 3 kinda blew chunks in my eyes. Despite that, the Garland from part III and the Moto-Slave are excellent designs, and if there's enough demand, I'd certainly step-up to the plate to make either or both.

Having said that, I still think my Tachi is aweome B))

post-26-1105717485_thumb.jpg

I'll be putting in my order for one soon. Maybe 2 B)) . I too like BGC more than Megazone. Although the Garland designs are extremely sweet, I'm sure I would like a Motoslave kit more. Even a non-variable static pose. The one from the original series, not 2040 (although that one is quite nice also). And $200 for a variable Motoslave? I would give up eating for a month for that kit in a heartbeat!

What is the dimensions of this kit?

Edited by VF-17

If you mean the Tachi, it's @ 11cm tall, by 11-12 cm wide, and @ 14 cm long. I originally had misgivings, thinking that I had chosen too small a scale, but in fact, it's a surprisingly good size, and it's free-pose, so you can build it in any pose you like: the joints allow for a very wide range of positioning.

...And if it sells well enough, a high-detail super-set (opening fridge, different weapons, white metal parts) is not out of the question.

Captain- where did you learn to do stuff like this?

I started building model kits at the tender age of 5... I think it just snowballed from there.

Just for the record, I'm entirely self-taught. If anything, I've always been a fast learner, and would devour all sorts of books for information. Most of all, I experimented feverishly... If only I hadn't wasted my time in college learning pesky commercial illustration! LoL :lol:

If you mean the Tachi, it's @ 11cm tall, by 11-12 cm wide, and @ 14 cm long. I originally had misgivings, thinking that I had chosen too small a scale, but in fact, it's a surprisingly good size, and it's free-pose, so you can build it in any pose you like: the joints allow for a very wide range of positioning.

...And if it sells well enough, a high-detail super-set (opening fridge, different weapons, white metal parts) is not out of the question.

Sounds good! :D My wallet is SCREEEEEAAAMING!

The questions I asked were already covered.

Edited by VF-17

Captain- where did you learn to do stuff like this?

I started building model kits at the tender age of 5... I think it just snowballed from there.

Just for the record, I'm entirely self-taught. If anything, I've always been a fast learner, and would devour all sorts of books for information. Most of all, I experimented feverishly... If only I hadn't wasted my time in college learning pesky commercial illustration! LoL :lol:

hey captain A,

do you have any links too the legioss-tread model that you built/painted years ago?

thanks! :D

and dagggit, i sense that many perfer the motoslaves too the garlands: ...if only there were a way too assure sales prior too you investing time into a project of this scope :(

perhaps putting some feelers out on various hobby/fan sites would elict a positive response..

but..u know better than us! :ph34r:

BTW ..your Tachikoma rocks!!!! ..how about some Land-mate action down the road? :o

As it turns out, Carl Hoff owns the Legioss/Tread kit that I made.

I had actually made that about 12 years ago for a magazing review, and it was supposed to be returned to me shortly thereafter, but they shipped it off to California instead, and Carl ended up with it.

He usually posts every so often... Maybe he'd be willing to take a few pictures of it.

Depends entirely on how well the first batch sells... IF it sells.

they will sell!!!!

..there is'nt alot(any)of options for GithS fans! :D

my guess is alot of japanese fans would love your kit...can you have it shown at wonderfest?..or other japanese venues..like yahooJapanauctions?

keep the faith,man! B))

Hi UN Marine.

I sculpt parts out of pretty much anything: from resin billets, to styrene, to modelling board to wax; depending on the kind of detail needed for a part, finish, complexity, etc...

The best way to find products is by searching online; usually under 3D prototyping and sculpting supplies.

I should have a finished, painted Tachi by Wednesday evening; stay tuned for pics. B))