The MW Automotive Thread

areaseven

I can't stand NASCAR, it's just so boring and repetitive...

Lose some teeth, put an engine block on your lawn, only wear a stained wife beater, and start porkin your sister... Only THEN will NASCAR be for you.

I'll kill the first person who responds to this juvenile attempt at humor and gets a great and informative thread closed. <_< Just let it go people.

Yes, lets not get this thread closed. I DO still think of most NASCAR fans as products in incest, but if you love me and want to remind me of how utterly awesome my opinion is, feel free to PM me and we can discuss my greatness, or even how amazing I look naked (thats my favorite subject).

Lose some teeth, put an engine block on your lawn, only wear a stained wife beater, and start porkin your sister... Only THEN will NASCAR be for you.

I'll kill the first person who responds to this juvenile attempt at humor and gets a great and informative thread closed. <_< Just let it go people.

I'm with her there, it is starting to get bad around here with the NASCAR-bashing....

I'm with her there, it is starting to get bad around here with the NASCAR-bashing....

Notice as a Nascar fan I have said NOTHING at all thus far? Yeah, everyone should be VERY happy I've stayed silent. :angry:

All right - time to shift gears on this thread. Since June is Batman month, let's talk about the Batmobile. Of the Batmobiles used in the live-action features, which do you think is the best?

(Please note that the Batmobiles used in the 1940s serials do not count, as they were merely just regular cars.)

1966 Batmobile (Batman TV series)

1989 Batmobile (Batman & Batman Returns, and some OnStar commercials)

1995 Batmobile (Batman Forever)

1997 Batmobile (Batman & Robin)

The Tumbler (Batman Begins)

Batman Forever Batmobile, hands down. I love those curves. Was it designed by H.R. Giger?

The Tumbler is pretty cool, but it's a military vehicle, not a Batmobile.

I have the Revell model (the Batman Forever one). It's not bad at all. I can't wait until I have time to build it.

Edited by Stamen0083

The Tim Burton '89 Batmobile is the best looking in my opinion. The only good looking one actually.

I have actually seen one of the extant old Lincoln-based batmobiles on the road, out here in Temecula CA. I don't think it was a modern replica because anyone who would have put that much effort into the car would have done cosmetic AND engine work...and that thing sounded like it hadn't been tuned up in my lifetime.

It was cool to see though.

I'm still not sure how the Tumbler rates as a Batmobile, but in terms of "Things I'd kill orphans to drive" I'd rate it about a 9! It's just too cool for school!

Wasn't there a kit of it shown at the last hobby show? I'll have to check HLJ for it...

In other news, I'm going to be getting my WRX, pretty soon. I'll be hitting up some local rallycross events pretty quickly, gonna be a lot of fun.

What color are you gonna get? Maybe one of these days, you'll race with Vostok 7.

Whatever color is the lowest mileage for the lowest price! XD

But I'd really like Rally Blue.

I'm gonna run it stock for a while, but in the longer term, I'm planning:

-Prodrive Stage 3 Power Package, ~60HP gain, 220HP to the wheels.

-Undet. suspension. Possibly TEIN Gravel? Possibly STi shocks/prodrive springs, but don't know if they're good for gravel or more tarmac intended.

-STi sway bars

-Prodrive aero package

-Carbon hood (painted), w/ headlight "eyebrows"

-Prodrive WRC-spec wheels. (If they're affordable. OZ Rally wheels are a possibility)

-Sparco Prodrive front bucket seat

-Full cage

-Schroth 5pt harness.

-spoiler delete.

My goal is to run Rim of the World in a year or two.

By the way, I haven't seen Vostok around lately. I tried IMing him, but no luck. I saw his posts on NASIOC, evidently he got his STi?

Edited by Commander McBride

Top speed: 110mph? HA! I'll believe that when I see video and radar gun proof. My arse! What nut would be so bold as to take that thing that fast, anyway? Sorry, but I just don't like it. It looks--to coin a bad phrase--unsafe, at any speed.

I remember seeing this little hot wheels car once and thinking "whoa, that looks like a modernized Batmobile or something--that'd be cool as heck if somebody built a real one like that..." Of course, it was in black, but this one shows the lines of the toy better.

post-26-1118367397.jpg

Edited by reddsun1

I remember seeing this little hot wheels car once and thinking "whoa, that looks like a modernized Batmobile or something--that'd be cool as heck if somebody built a real one like that..." Of course, it was in black, but this one shows the lines of the toy better.

Yeah, Mattel used that same design and tweaked it for their Batman toy line. The deluxe-sized version features a detachable motorcycle. Last year, the toy was recalled because kids were injured by the tail fins.

post-26-1118387609.jpg

Time to show pics of the live-action Batmobiles (other than the Tumbler). Here's the 1997 version from Batman & Robin, probably the least favorite among fans.

Robin: "I want a car. Chicks dig the car."

Batman: "This is why Superman works alone."

post-26-1118388935.jpg

Alright. We talked Batmobile. Now, let's talk Batmobile models.

Anyone savvy with the plastic offerings? I understand there was the old 1989 kit of the 1989 Keaton Batmobile. What of the more recent model I've seen on the shelves? Is it a reissue or is it a new set of molds?

I love my 1995 Kilmer Batmobile kit.

Right now, I'm happy with my 1/18 diecast of the 1989 Batmobile. I've never worked with the plastic kits, as I've avoided AMT-Ertl kits after Knight Rider and The A-Team, but I suspect that whatever's on the shelves right now is a reissue.

Speaking of diecasts, does anyone have the battle-damaged version of the 1/18 Batmobile?

post-26-1118392261_thumb.jpg

Okay, I've only got one major issue w/the '89 Batmobile. You've got the "jet intake" at the front of the car; you've got the flaming "exhaust nozzle" at the tail of the car; and you've got the fuggin' cockpit, RIGHT SMACK IN BETWEEN! WTF? Shouldn't that make for a big honkin' a$$ jet exhaust pipe running right through the driver's compartment? Even if you explain this away with "the exhaust is re-directed around the cockpit," that makes for a lot of unnecessary nozzling don't it? Where is it routed: around the sides? underneath? Either way, that ought to make it real dang hard to keep that interior air-conditioned..."by the way Robin, don't touch that footwell," *aaarrrgghhh!* "well, I told ya so..."

this is a local car show buddy of mine's car.dude is in his 60's,but his chariot still rocks hard.definately the best example of a '64 impala i've ever seen in person B))

post-26-1118682489_thumb.jpg

Ah yes, Impalas are sweet. They're like making French Toast: you almost havta like, consciously try to make one of those come out bad/ugly. You still see one or two '63s or '64s sittin in the weeds by the road every now and then, but the owner usually thinks you ought to pay an arm and a leg for the otherwise rusting pile, 'cause they know it's a hot ticket.

oy....Impalas with "bling" wheels.......fugly.

anyways, a quick update on my car: since gas prices are going up, the LeBaron's gonna get turned into a Stock Car and I'm gonna buy a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, cheapest new bike out on the market today.

those wheels are solid all over once you get up on them.they're not my taste at all,but you have to admit,they look phatty-bo-batty on this car.i can't get use to an old dude rocking 20+" rims on an impala.i gotta remember to ask him what made him choose those.check his custom threads w/ custom made impala rear view mirror B))

post-26-1118696539_thumb.jpg