Max's shot in DYRL?

Lightning

He's using 'robotechnollogy' to defy physics and reason.

c'mon guys, the storyboarder thought "here is a cool kill schene"

and the technical guy said "but the gun is on backwards"

the storyboarder replyed "do you think anyone will notice?"

technical guy thinks a moment "nah, no body would notice that, they'd have to look frame by frame, and no ones THAT big of a geek" :p

LOL!

This one definitely goes on the questions to ask Kawamori-sama the next time we get a chance.

Call me crazy, but I can't stop laughing at the look on the zentraedi's exploding face! :lol:

Hey, 200 posts!

Hey, CMcB

Shut the hell up! :D

200 posts in less than three days!, do you sleep?!?!

We'll all get our post counts back at some point, though it never really mattered anyway.

Both scenes: yuck. Although I do understand it's war.

Regarding decompression: the expert opinions I've read are that it doesn't make your head explode or your eyeballs pop out of their sockets. Here's one link on the topic.

they left out the part about being killed instantly from the ungodly high amounts of radiation in outerspace, you'd be so dead, so so so dead before any thing else had a chance to happen

Does anyone here has the scan from a magazine which shows a model/diorama of Max with a Zentraedi in this particular scene?

I thought I saw it somewhere. It HAS the GUNPOD on its arms THE RIGHT WAY. The battroid is pointing its RIGHT ELBOW on the face of the Zentraedi where the gunpod is also pointing.

Anyone has the scan?

I always thought he simply cracked the Zent helmet and the pilot suffered of explosive decompression. <_<

Explosive decompression? Macross always tried to portray space at least somewhat realistically. You don't explode, implode, instantly freeze, or immediately die when exposed to space. Max shot him in the face with a single round.

I always thought he simply cracked the Zent helmet and the pilot suffered of explosive decompression. <_<

Explosive decompression? Macross always tried to portray space at least somewhat realistically. You don't explode, implode, instantly freeze, or immediately die when exposed to space. Max shot him in the face with a single round.

I'm aware... but you never know when the animators might be drinking. We did get SDF Macross animefriend version... and that was sin on its own right. <_<

And besides.... I see no musle(sp) flash, other the slightly almost unnoticeable flash on the Zent helmet, so anything goes in this case.

Edited by Abombz!!

they left out the part about being killed instantly from the ungodly high amounts of radiation in outerspace, you'd be so dead, so so so dead before any thing else had a chance to happen

Actually, a human HAS been exposed to space before. I'll find a link to it if you need proof. Basically, his hand was exposed for about 20 minutes. He lost feeling and motion in it while he was in space. Everything returned to normal once back in a compressed atmosphere. He didn't die of radiation sickness. Where did you hear this one?

Your death from radiation would happen if you left the vincinty of the Earth area. The Earth is protected from solar radiation from the Van Allen belts (I believe, I could be wrong though), and if you left the area of protection from these belts, without protection, you'll die from radiation overexposure.

man i love that animated image, his face kind of flies off lol that article is neat to, however the thing though is (i didint read all the post) if your talking about how the zentradi's head blows up like that, max shot his head btw.

Edited by Prons