Electronic Robot Toys

Panzer

OK- as of now my budget will only allow me to buy a Kyosho Gunwalker http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/milit...attle_fm-e.html

but I was wondering if there are any reasonably priced robotic toys available that I don't know about.

These are all the toys I can think of:

Techroid remote controlled Zaku, Rik Dom & Guntank

Aibo's, I-Cybie, other cheap rip offs

Robo-sapian

Tokyo Marui Godzilla

Takara's Aquaroids

Pino Robot toy

Anything else you guys know about?

Edited by Panzer

yeah yeah I was wondering if there are any COMSUMER products available that are less than $1,000.00 that I don't know about.

I think I might have to break down and get a used AIBO off ebay..

and yes, Robosapien is the biggest POS I've ever seen. soo stuupid.. ;)

Edited by Panzer

These would kick ass if sold on regular shelves

kick ass bots

That one goes into my "Interesting Stuff" folder. Those bots are amazing--I can't believe they're able to get up after falling down. Any more info on them?

to the original poster:

Roomba?

I'm half-kidding. I was searching for a robotics page that summarized all the robots out there (I know I've seen it, but no luck this time) when I came across something about hacking the roomba. To make it do what, I don't know.

hehe Gunwalkers are selling on ebay for $30.00 cause nobody knows about them.. thats how much i payed for mine.. :lol:

they were around $120.00 at launch.

Coolest robot yet is the Sony QRIO.

man i want one... :(

Edited by Panzer

I've got the Tokyo Marui Godzilla (Biollante version) and it's quite fun to knock down stuff and have "fights" with other remote control godzilla toys. This particular one is nice because it has several independent channels so you can do multiple actions at the same time (ie, sway tail, move forward, roar in one controlled motion).

I got my Kyosho Gunwalker over the weekend and overall I think its pretty cool.

I'm glad I payed $38.00 for it, I definetly don't think its worth the $120.00+ it was going for when it was released cause the thing is just kinda gimmicky.

The presentation of the kit is great though, the box is gorgeous and theres a booklet that describes all the weapons and stuff that come with it, but its all in Japanese.

Overall the kit is beautiful, each piece of armor is painted in matte and theres even really nice panel lines painted on each piece of armor too.

The LED on the head is cool and the kit has lots of details like swappable hands.

It took me about an hour to assemble the mech, theres lots you have to put together on this guy like his arms and legs.

His walking it OK, he looks kinda stiff and it reminds me of a Zoid when he walks around.

His stride is adjustable to either long or short which translates to fast or slow pretty much.

I bought the Navy Blue version and might customize it with a German theme like a Brocken Labor, I think that'd be cool. I might also buy a Kyosho inner antenna from a Mini-Z kit to hide his antenna if it will work. I sure wish I could buy more plates for him too, the one he comes with is way too small.

if I can figure out how to post a video of him walking around I will.

Edited by Panzer

• 2 weeks later...

My Kyosho Gun Walker just came in today, quite a deal for $28 shipped. How much were these originally going for?

Are the replacement parts easy to find? I saw some on HLJ.com but they were all sold out.

I'm going to put it together later tonight and post some vids.

BTW. Panzer. What's the frequency on yours?

Mine is 27.045MHz.

My Kyosho Gun Walker just came in today, quite a deal for $28 shipped. How much were these originally going for?

Are the replacement parts easy to find? I saw some on HLJ.com but they were all sold out.

I'm going to put it together later tonight and post some vids.

BTW. Panzer. What's the frequency on yours?

Mine is 27.045MHz.

I've been looking for those optional parts FOREVER but have never been able to find them. About a year ago on kyosho.co.jp they listed those "heavy weight cylindars" and additional plates you could buy. I'd sure like to know what the hell those cylindars do... maybe they make his feet drop faster cause they are heavier :huh:

and the original retail price on these were about $120.00 :blink: nice job on the ebay buy, I got mine for $38 shipped.

Edited by Panzer

Out of the price league but Sony AIBO's are cool.

aibo_history_206.gif

whoa.. whats that smooth one with the weird head? Not the bulldog one but the silver one? I think thats a custom or prototype..

I've been stalking used Aibo ebay auctions for a while but haven't been able to find one thats in my budget yet.

Out of the price league but Sony AIBO's are cool.

aibo_history_206.gif

whoa.. whats that smooth one with the weird head? Not the bulldog one but the silver one? I think thats a custom or prototype..

I've been stalking used Aibo ebay auctions for a while but haven't been able to find one thats in my budget yet.

The one with the two red eyes? That was a prototype.