Newbie Question

HudsonD

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum; I'm not really an hardcore macross fan (compared to most people on this site), but I've really liked Macross+

A bit more than one year and a half, I bought the YF21 from Yamato, and I'm still not bored from playing with it. This mini is of such quality that it's not really a toy anymore !

I've been thinking of buying another yamato valkyrie for quite some time, but I'm not sure about which one.

I've tried the Yamato website, but japenese isn't exactly my favorite language... So I'd like to know what valkiries were released in the 1/72 and 1/48 lines?

From what I know :

1/72

VF11, later re-released as VF11FP

YF21, recently re-released as YF21FP

YF19, any ETA about an FP version ?

1/48

This is where things get uh... complicated for me :blink:

There are 4 VF1s, a VF1A, a VF1A Max, a VF1A low-vis, and a VF1S Roy Focker, and each one can use the FP packs. Is that it ?

Are there any new models coming soon ?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with a newbie. :lol:

I actually like my VF-11B FP, not as much as my 1/48ths, but that's hardly a fair comparison. No hip problems (knock on wood), and it's one of my favourite designs that's been released so far. I do agree, though, that Yamato didn't do nearly as well on the 11 as they did on the other Macross Plus toys, and certainly not as high of quality as the VF-1 1/60 series.

I do hope that Yamato improves the design for a 1/48th run at some point in the future (though I'd still prefere a VF-4 first)!

The M+ valks are sweet... I don't know why you would want to sink a bunch of money into the original release of the YF-19 though... I would just wait until the new one is released, and use the money saved to buy a couple 1/48s :)

Also, don't sell yourself short and not check out the 1/60 line... They are really beautiful toys. I know a lot of people have complained about QC on them, but I have over 15 of them, and I have had minimal problems.

The M+ valks are my favorite too, but damn they are a bitch to transform.. :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and WELCOME to Macross World. :D

Edited by rocco_77

Hudson,

First. . . that was pretty impressive of you to have all that correct information. If more newbies were like you, we wouldn't have so many embittered old vets around here. :)

Second. . . buy a 1/48 VF-1 in your favorite color/character. Though, if you're thinking of getting a Roy VF-1S, you might want to wait until the reported re-release comes out in October (hopefully). Many of us are assuming that it will have all the improvements of the latter two valks (correctly printed skulls on the tail stabilizers, nose-cone and flaps are more securely attached, etc.). There are also reports (that are even less-well confirmed) that the Hikaru 1A will also be re-released. Again, hopefully with improvements.

Third. . . welcome to Macross World!

Best Regards,

Hurin

Hudson,

First. . . that was pretty impressive of you to have all that correct information.  If more newbies were like you, we wouldn't have so many embittered old vets around here.  :)

Hey what are you talking about... were not old just broke LOL :lol: . That's odd. Either Hudson has been reading the boards or he is a spy :ph34r: ! Anyway, I've got to agree with everyone..get a 1/48, you won't be disappointed.

Welcome to MW Hud ;) !

Thanks for your answers !

I have only read the Yamato part of the toy section, and skimmed briefly over the forums, but I tend to be a quick learner as far as my hobbies are concerned :lol:

I think I'll settle for a VF11FP, they may not be perfect, but they still look awesome, and most importantly they're affordable ! What are the differences between the FP and the normal version ?

Any ETA about the YF19 FP ?

I've found an article in an old Animeland (french magazine) that explained the different versions of the VF1, but I'm not sure yet about who pilots what and what has been released in 1/48.

VF1A : Head with 1 Cannon

Piloted by Hikaru/standard version, red highlights, first model released

Piloted by Max, blue highlights, 3rd model released

Low vis version, 4th model released

VF1D : Two seater

No version released

VF1J : Head with 2 canons

Any version about to be released ?

VF1S : Head with 4 canons

Piloted by Roy, yellow highlights, second model released

I think I've got it covered, are there any corrections to be made ?