BBI 1:18 F/A-18 Hornet Review

Knight26

knight 26, THANKS!! I was at home on dialup and even then i waited for pics to load. It was well worth it~~!!!! I am probably getting a 1/18 jet for my bday since this x mas i think I am concentrating on some japanese transformers. However I am random so who knows. Tha loadout on the BBI hornet irks me. At least the power team F-18, was a 2 seater, and had 2 HARMs, 2 fuel drop tanks, 2 sidewinders, and 4 mk82s on dual palettes(ALL REMOVABLE!!)

Oyut. I have that and for a joe sized toy that was 10$(somehow i got a spring discount) it was WELL WORTH it. Even though I can no longer fold the wings since I braced them due to accidental if not very stupid breakage on my part. Very awesome still though.

The BBI is wonderful though. I just wish it had a better loadout. Do ANY legacy hornets go to war in that loadout? Man. I wonder if the weapons from the falcon are swappable. The falcon at least has a better loadout and totally reaks of "MUltirole" which is awesome.

Outside pics would be WONDERFUL, especially if you can shoot some comparison pics with other gijoe jets like the skystriker or conquest.

Wow, a scheme that fits the model. Of course, IMHO it's pure dumb luck. They could probably pick another dozen states, all with Blokc 42's and 25's...

PS--NY is the 174th Wing. I was talking about the 174th Squadron. (Since there can be multiple squadrons in a single wing, I usually refer to the squadron number, not the wing.). NY(Syracuse) is the 138FS, 174FW. 174FS is the 185FW, Sioux City, IA. With our big black vampire bat tail. :)

since we were on F-16 for a moment, I've got if no one minds..

Does anyone know if any company is planning on a block 60 F-16?

With there being only 1 squadron for the Block 60 at the moment, not very likely. Also (externally), it's little more than a Block 40I with some IRST pods on the nose---just take some from a Flanker kit and add to one of the many Israeli Falcon kits and you've got it.

Shin--the loadout on Knight26's plane looks very typical, especially for Desert Storm. Though HARM's would be even more common, 4 (or 6) Mk82's is quite common.

It just looks so plain.....I mean I duno the falcon loadout is simply better than the hornet loadout on BBI. But, sparrows on the intake wells would INSTANTLY change my mind. Hopefully BBI mkes some big F-14s with TONS of weapons included to make it a bombcat or interceptor. Heck add in a TARPs pod for armed recon.

Knight do you think there would be minimal retooling for BBI to make a F-16D and F/A-18D marine?

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the 'pics. I haven't had the nerve to take mine out of the box yet, as that thing is huge...

Um F-ZeroOne it is just a regular table with those instrument panel coasters you get at airshows or online. Also nice custom man, any chance it can mount Sparrows or AMRAAMS on the ventral recesses?

Edited by Knight26

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never cease to be amazed by the wonderful work you put into that kit Rob Doctor (I am assuming that it is your from ARC right?). It looks like you even did some additional work on the cockpit, care to show some pictures there, and of your wonderful undercarriage work?

I never cease to be amazed by the wonderful work you put into that kit Rob Doctor (I am assuming that it is your from ARC right?).  It looks like you even did some additional work on the cockpit, care to show some pictures there, and of your wonderful undercarriage work?

419287[/snapback]

Knight 26...hey there, yes thats me. -Thanks for your comments first off and did you say you wanted more pics of the undercarriage and the cockpit here specifically or did mean putting them on ARC? As far as the cockpit goes, I only recently added rear view mirrors and "oh-sh!t" handles to the rim. I previously added the motor and mechanical arm with a wired up deckplate about a 3 months back. I also added a few things to the cockpit including the FCS control panels for both sides, throttle system, ejection seat handles. I can definitely add the Landing Gear Detail pics here. They show the new strut arm and new actuator bars. Let me scrounge them up. By the way good to meet you!

R

Edited by VF103