best mecha titles for ps2

Feyd-Rautha

Let me guess, Bandai canceled the US release of AEUG VS Titans? <_<

They may have, or they may not have. They're pushing SEED now, though, so the new Gundam SEED game for PS2 should barely be out before Christmas, with another SEED game coming out for the DS. As for AEUG vs. Titans... Bandai may have held off in favor of the DX version, which should be out in Japan soon.

Yep, most of the Armored Core games IMHO along with Gungriffon Blaze, Transformers, Metal Arms: Glitch In The System, Robotic Alchemic Drive (The Controls get tough at first but once you get the hang of it your in the zone.) and Zone Of The Enders (I suggest you watch the Anime Movie and the Series, both are pretty good).

As for PS1 games I'd say (other than Armored Core) Omega Boost (Mech designs by none other than the Hoary Froating Head), Project Horned Owl (To many who played it may say it sucked but I liked it), Carnage Heart (An intensly deep mech game with a thick-ass booklet to boot) and Gundam The Battle Master/Battle Assault 1 & 2 (It's better than DBZ ub22 IMO),

Edited by gerwalk25

The sequel for the PS2 is Robot Alchemic Drive and has what is probably the worst dubbing in the history of gaming. Its so bad its hilarious. The game itself is fun though.

Not even CLOSE to worst dubbing, sadly.

Especially since Enix botched it intentionally. They used a combination of bad voice actors and good voice actors told to ham it up, in an attempt to capture the feel of a dubbed japanese monster movie.

Glad to see it recommended in this thread.

It's an AWESOME game. Anyone that says otherwise is wrong.

Anybody know how is the new Japanese SEED PS2 game? I bought a boot the other day (I'll buy the original if I like it), but the damn disc was a dud and wouldn't load :( .

Graham

that SEED game is one of not-so-good Gundam game.

The game is based on "MS Gundam: Encounter in space" game engine, but Bandai did a bad job on making it as a SEED game.

The speed is not right, the ground battle sucks (the game engine was not design to have ground battle), and the feel of the game is just weird.

Anybody know how is the new Japanese SEED PS2 game? I bought a boot the other day (I'll buy the original if I like it), but the damn disc was a dud and wouldn't load  :( .

Graham

that SEED game is one of not-so-good Gundam game.

The game is based on "MS Gundam: Encounter in space" game engine, but Bandai did a bad job on making it as a SEED game.

The speed is not right, the ground battle sucks (the game engine was not design to have ground battle), and the feel of the game is just weird.

Ah thanks, I won't bother buying the original then.

Graham

Actually the new SEED game isnt that bad, im liking it quite alot actually. however, the only problem, i see in it, is during the ground levels theres slowdown sometimes,other than that its pretty fun.

Too bad in America, we're stuck with "Battle Assault 3 Featuring Gundam SEED."

On a side note, does anyone know anything about the SEED game they're making for the DS?

It's got a better MS selection than Federation VS Zeon(IMHO, anyway) and it's also the only one with multiple paintjobs, but it doesn't have any Mobile Armors that I can remember and the gameplay isn't as good as the other games. It also doesn't have any multiplayer, unlike Fed VS Zeon and Encounters in Space.

Here's something that's been bugging me. EiS is supposed to be a 'sequel' game to J2J, right? Then why doesn't it have the alternate paintjobs, too?

P.S. Anyone know where there is a complete list of all the MS/MA that are in AEUG Vs Titans?

Edited by McKlown