MiG-29 ID

Anyone happen to know the variant of the MiG-29 Tocka Opori aka Fulcrum that was shown in Ep.1 of Macross Zero? Working the RPG stats, however need to know the variant type to get certain stats correct. Arigato for your time.

Cruel Angel's Thesis

If the POS i'm using for a computer could get the pics i would post them, so can someone else please post screenshots David Hingtgen and Knight 26 have requested so they can ID the MiG variant. Arigato.

----Cruel Angel's Thesis

Hard call from these pictures, but I would say either a Fulcrum-C or a Fulcrum-S. As for the canarded version, that is completely made up, as the canards are the same as on the SV-51. Some time ago there was a proposed Mig-29 variant with a fuselage plug to add about a meter or two in length , Thrust Vectoring Engines, and canards. That design was never pursued though. The canard positioning on the later MiG-29 really isn't that good and would really hinder performance more then enhance it, the angles are horrid and the positioning would not allow for any controllability, really they would be drag magnets.

In detail, it doesn't match anything. Heck, it's missing several small distinguishing features of the MiG-29 itself, much less the Fulcrum-A, C, M, etc.

IMHO, it's closest to a Fulcrum-A.

Knight--C's have the bulged dorsal hump. That's the main thing for the C.

So we are looking at a Fulcrum A: MiG-29B (Variant 1, Model 9-12) here huh? Suprised they didn't go with a later variant with some of the more goodies. Well i can at least get to work on finishing the stats for it. Arigato for your help. David Hingtgen about Shin's F-14, i am now going to open a topic on that since we really need to decide on what Tomcat that is so i can correctly stat out that one as well. Once again arigato for your help.

-----Cruel Angel's Thesis

So we are looking at a Fulcrum A: MiG-29B (Variant 1, Model 9-12) here huh? Suprised they didn't go with a later variant with some of the more goodies.

Remember, this is a educated guess.

In detail, it doesn't match anything. Heck, it's missing several small distinguishing features of the MiG-29 itself, much less the Fulcrum-A, C, M, etc.

So don't go quoting us here.

I don't plan on quoting anyone on what it is exactly, but the majority of the ones who would know give best guess as Mig-29B, so those are the stats i'm goig to use for it. As for the RPG, when the 20th anniversary of Macross happened, i began stating all the Valkyries (waiting to get my comp Asuka fixed so i can finish, was getting to the YF-19) for the Mekton Zeta RPG. Since most of my Valkyrie info is on my HD and i can't get to it, i can move on to other mecha from Macross till i can, so doing the real world (or close to real world) planes, might work on the Destroids next. Well once work gives me time off i can get the Fulcrum and Tomcat finished. Once i'm done, i'll post them for all to see how much of a nut i am.

Cruel Angel's Thesis

• 1 year later...

The CG model of the MiG-29 used for Macross Zero is different from the other variants. One notable difference is the t-shaped antenna/

probe which replaces three blade ODD Rod IFF.

(See below detail of MiG-29 Fulcrum A (Late) design)

mig29-oddrods.jpg

I concur that it is not like the Fulcrum C, due to it not possessing the after-cockpit hump. There is also a major alteration of the tail stabilizers. Whether this is due to an inaccurate CG model or deliberately being made different, I can not say. The rudder doesn't look like that of any Mig-29 variant. Though, it does resemble the Prototype's tail most....