Halo 2

mikeszekely

Im disgusted with the ending :(

Also, got my copy at midnight on the 11th, went home, put it in...and it didnt load for the first 3 attempts...then when it did load it was skipping cutscenes, not playing sounds etc.

So, decided I would take it back and get a new copy the next day. Woke up at around noon on the 11th and went to play a bit more...and my Xbox broke!!! wouldnt load ANY games :( Had to go and get a new Xbox...and for this crappy ending!!!! Damn you Bungie!!!!!

Had to get a crystal clear XBox as well...not to happy about that :(

Oh well...think Ill preorder Halo 3 now :(

I haven't had alot of time to be playing the game, you know, work till 5 or 6, get home at 7, cook dinner, and maybe I'll get an hour or so of time in, I like to explore and find stuff, check out how far the enviorment goes since they state things are 10 times better.....................I got lost.........

I hated fighting in the space station, confined spaces I don't generally do to well in combat....its that FPS feeling of being inclosed in a tight area and not aware of your surroundings.

My favorite bit thus far was the Chief giving back the bomb :p that was magnificently done.

So this weekend I'm planning on playing alot of Halo2, stayin up late tonight to get atleast 1/3rd of the way done and maybe beat it before the end of the month. But what I REALLY want, what I've been waiting for since August, is too play online, GOD I WANNA!

I agree that for the most part, a lot of games are better on the PC.  However from a social and comfort aspect, I prefer my couch, my surround sound and my 60" RP-LCD over a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

you know you can connect your computer to your tv and sound system. then you just need a wireless keyboard and mouse/trackerball if the keyboard doesnt have a touchpad built in or you dont like it in games like me.

Sure, but can I do that with my wife and my friends.

Instead, we can all chill and play from the couch. While split-screen is a drag, it's not too bad when you're playing on a 60" TV.

Also, Mike's right... bungie.net's stats are insane. I highly recommend checking it out.

FYI - my username is fearyaks (surprise surprise) if anyone is online, hit me up.

cool, for now I'm playing with my friend on his xbox as I don't have one yet. Anyway, if you guys wanna play us, hit us up. Screen name: Macsystemerror. :p:D:lol:

The last game I tried to play an FPS on a friend's PC was Quake III and it was overcomplicated, the missions were annoying, I got bored with it real quick.

I wonder why you thought Quake III was so complicated? If you've deathmatched before, that's pretty much what Q3 is - straight up DM.

I WAS looking forward to FINALLY being able to play Halo (St00pid Microsoft!) But after trying the demo, I was a little underwhelmed. I decided against purchasing it. Granted, I didn't try the mulitplayer aspect, but Halo is a resource pig. Maybe when I can upgrade to a better system, I may consider getting it and trying the multiplayer component. I am a PC gamer who understands the appeal of Halo in mulitplayer.

If you're willing to pick up Quake 3 again, check out this mod:

Painkeep Arena

There is a bit of a learning curve to the mod, but it makes Quake 3 a bit more fun.

Just finished the game.  Don't really want to spoil anything, but where the original Halo had a conclusive ending to it's little story but room for sequels in the overarching war against the Covenant, Halo 2 just ends with a major cliffhanger.  Now, I had fun with the game, sure, and it's by far my favorite game on Xbox Live now, but I felt the ending (or lack thereof) kind of cheapend the whole thing.  Like it's less the sequel we've been waiting years for, and more of a stop-gap in between the original Halo and a Halo on next-gen hardware.

Fact: There will be a Halo 3.

Though supposedly Bungie is through with Halo...if this is true...who will take up the reigns? And most likely on the next gen console.

Almost finished with KZ so...Halo2 here I come.

Actually, I think that's somewhat misleading.

Bungie was asked about what they'd be working after Halo, and they talked about possibly finishing Phoenix and what not. But it's obvious that they're not done working on Halo.

Now, think of it this way. Xbox dev kits have been out for awhile. Elder Scrolls IV looks very nice (hope the gameplay is good). So, suppose that Bungie had finished work on the single-player part of Halo 2 some time ago. Then, they split the team so that some of them could fine-tune Halo 2, while the rest immediately began work on Halo 3? When Bungie comments on what's after Halo, they may not mean after Halo 2, but after the Halo trilogy.

Anyway, as the rumors go (and the rumors are credible enough to get some press in OXM), Microsoft's next system will be out before the PS3, probably as early as holiday 2005. Halo 3 will be completed and ready to release the same day as the PS3. And if Halo 2's sales are any indication, that's a wicked yet brilliant strategy for Microsoft.

Edited by mikeszekely

As for the next Xbox system, it is called Xenon. I have a buddy who is a Vendor at Microsoft's home entertainment division at Issaquah, WA. Bungie's office is somewhere in Redmond, WA on the Millenium Campus which is the Xbox hardware and games division. I should know since I play test there. ;)

Anyways, yes it is true that Microsoft wants to get Xenon to be released first before Nintendo and especially Sony fon the next generation consoles. Sony has been dominant in the console war. MS's goal is to beat out Sony in releasing so they can get the market share.

As for the next Xbox system, it is called Xenon.

Code-named Xenon. Just like the Gamecube was code-named Dolphin, or the Dreamcast was code-named Katana. It also goes by Xbox Next or, for the unimaginative, Xbox 2. There's a difference, though, between a project's code-name, nicknames, and the final products finished title.

Speakin of which; I'm getting sick of companies making "sequels" to consoles. At least I can count on Nintendo to come up with a new name for their stuff every time.

Ah, come on. So far, only Sony's really done it, and I understand a part of that was because the press/consumers were already used to calling it PS2. When Sega was around, they had great names for their consoles... Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, etc.

And as for Nintendo's "originality," going from Nintendo to Super Nintendo or Gameboy to Gameboy Color to Gameboy Advance is almost as bad as going from PlayStation to PlayStation 2. Nintendo 64 really wasn't that hot either, and frankly, Gamecube and Nintendo Dual Screen are really more descriptive than original. Yeah, I think I'm sticking with Sega for most originality.

Speakin of which; I'm getting sick of companies making "sequels" to consoles. At least I can count on Nintendo to come up with a new name for their stuff every time.

as long as the system is good, who cares what it is called?

When the debate of PSP vs NDS was going on, didn't you say, you didn't care what they looked like, as long as they were good systems?

Seems pretty contradictory to me.

Sega did have great console names. I really liked their hardware.

Not just their software. Everyone's always talking about how original and innovative Nintendo's games are... because why? Because of Pikmin? Nintendo might have been original back in the 80's, but let's look at the facts... Super Mario Sunshine is Super Mario 64, but with a squirt gun. The Windwaker was Ocarina of Time, but with cel-shading. And then there's the fact that all four Super Mario Advance games plus a Link to the Past are ports of SNES games. I'm not saying they aren't fun games, but I'd hardly say that rehashing the same games qualifies as originality.

Now, if you really want originality... Sega's the place. At least, they were with the Dreamcast. Samba de Amigo, Space Channel 5, Seaman, Jet Set Radio... ah, those were the days...

I finally played some Multiplayer with a friend of mine and we ended up playing for 6 full hours of nothing but Halo 2 0_0....of course we did the system link so I was in my own lil confined space not able to see where he is for sport of it all.....outta 50 kill list....he got me 50......I got him 3.....here's a few short stories of the excitment.....

DBOY - Dammit where is he.........grrrrrrrrrr....... *running out into the open not seeing anything and looks around.*

YU - I can see you.

DBOY - Wait what?! *hides behind a rock*

YU - Your hiding behind a rock.......now your running around in circles trying to see me....dude you really need to pay attention.

DBOY - Wait-a-minute.....*looks behind* ............oh you sh-

BLAM!

RESPAWN

DBOY - *walking to a cliff hiding with a sniper rifle* Okay I'll get you this time!

YU - I can see you on the cliff there...oh wait now your hiding. Your foots stickin out.

DBOY - *Pops out* wait a minute where are you?!

YU - *Fires a shot*

DBOY - 0_o where did that come from?! *running around*

YU - Here's another warning shot.

DBOY - *focuses his eyes seeing a big green thingy getting bigger* Wait...what's that...OH CRAP!

RESPAWN............

I suck :p

I finally played some Multiplayer with a friend of mine and we ended up playing for 6 full hours of nothing but Halo 2 0_0....of course we did the system link so I was in my own lil confined space not able to see where he is for sport of it all.....outta 50 kill list....he got me 50......I got him 3.....here's a few short stories of the excitment.....

DBOY - Dammit where is he.........grrrrrrrrrr....... *running out into the open not seeing anything and looks around.*

YU - I can see you.

DBOY - Wait what?! *hides behind a rock*

YU - Your hiding behind a rock.......now your running around in circles trying to see me....dude you really need to pay attention.

DBOY - Wait-a-minute.....*looks behind* ............oh you sh-

BLAM!

RESPAWN

DBOY - *walking to a cliff hiding with a sniper rifle* Okay I'll get you this time!

YU - I can see you on the cliff there...oh wait now your hiding. Your foots stickin out.

DBOY - *Pops out* wait a minute where are you?!

YU - *Fires a shot*

DBOY - 0_o where did that come from?! *running around*

YU - Here's another warning shot.

DBOY - *focuses his eyes seeing a big green thingy getting bigger* Wait...what's that...OH CRAP!

RESPAWN............

I suck :p

The fun thing about Halo 2 is that, with friends, voice chat, and no lag, Live is more like a LAN than other Live games have been.

I still can't do live, I don't understand why, I've tried several ways to get my Xbox to go live for the last 2 months....its really starting to get to me.....I can't believe I can't do online play for Xbox since I got DSL....something isn't right and I can't figure it out, I'm gonna have to talk to my carrier :p

I've seen 'em at Gamestop, and I heard the guys in Bungie like playing with them and even using them as character models for their designing. They're REALLY nicely detailed espically the Mark 6 soldiers, I can't say its to scale with the Covenent figures which also look good. But some of the Flood figures look a little yuckie in my opinion, too gross.

The guys by work, they got a few Master Chiefs doing poses next to a small Halo2 display.....I think they still got some figures, not sure about Master Chief guys, but I'd diffenetly get one.

hey speaking of HALO 2, did anyone get the figures? Post some pics and opinions if you do!!

Personally, I think the new Halo 2 Master Chief action figure looks a little cheap. But if you can find one (they're rare), the civillian Warthog (as seen on a billboard in the multiplayer map "Headlong") is extremely kick ass.

I've seen 'em at Gamestop, and I heard the guys in Bungie like playing with them and even using them as character models for their designing. They're REALLY nicely detailed espically the Mark 6 soldiers, I can't say its to scale with the Covenent figures which also look good. But some of the Flood figures look a little yuckie in my opinion, too gross.

The guys by work, they got a few Master Chiefs doing poses next to a small Halo2 display.....I think they still got some figures, not sure about Master Chief guys, but I'd diffenetly get one.

I've heard some other people with DSL having trouble. It could be your carrier, or it could be your router. Definately call someone though! You're missing out!

I started a clan today. What's cool is that, once registered at Bungie.net, you can not only check your personal stats, but you can see who from your Friend List is online, check their stats, and then create a group area for your clan. The group area comes complete with it's own mini forum and bulletin board!

I got a nice Mark Six soldier made up, all white with the skull and crossbones in honor of good ol roy :p I fight drunk and hard!

Your probably right on both accounts, my carrier and my router. I was looking at the Live portion for Xbox website, they said to do direct you first need to route your PC to your DSL and your DSL to a router and your router to your Xbox so it can recieve the Mac address which is basically essential to getting your Xbox up and running. If the problems continue chances are you either 1) can't get Xbox Live thru your carrier, or 2) You need to contact your carrier and talk to someone who would know.

So this morning I asked my mother to find a CenturyTel bill so I can take a day off I suppose and try and figure this out, I got a few Xbox games I got that are Live that I'd love to play.

And as for Nintendo's "originality," going from Nintendo to Super Nintendo or Gameboy to Gameboy Color to Gameboy Advance is almost as bad as going from PlayStation to PlayStation 2. Nintendo 64 really wasn't that hot either, and frankly, Gamecube and Nintendo Dual Screen are really more descriptive than original. Yeah, I think I'm sticking with Sega for most originality.

Would you have prefered Nintendo's "Dolphin" as a name for the GC?

Frankly, I don't care what any company names their consoles so long a steh software and and hardware are good.

0_o I'm not gettin anything else Nintendo wise after I bought my Gamestation, I mean Gamecube :p That thing is personally I think meant to draw in the younger kids who aren't into the whole DVD/CD player scheme like PS and Microsoft who aim for older teens and adults. I mean wow Nintendo was the head honcho way back in the 80's and early 90's, even Sega had a really hard time to catch up, than WHAM! Here comes Playstation who takes them all out and leads Sega into never producing a game system again, and Nintendo resulting in cheap knock offs like the 64 which didn't last long....than Playstation thought it had the world under its feet than WHAM! Hello Xbox :p now really no one even CARES what Nintendo does really. Its just Microsoft and SONY. Nintendo is gonna go away with the Sega and Atari :( I think REALLY soon, even with the DS.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC!

I played just 30 minutes lastnight and now I'm back to the covenent side.....I REALLY hate the freaking flood they're harder to kill in this game than the last. Not too mention I seem to be a bit stuck cause Sentinals are sorta ridin my tushie everywhere I turn. I did learn that Energy Swords will take out the Flood in one smack, which is benefical if you can find one, get it....even if your the Master Chief, you find flood, ya nail 'em with the sword!

I have a small feeling I'll finish it this weekend....

The flood are definitely harder to kill this time around. And they're more prone to come back alive again as well, and infection forms can reinfect them as well. Though I think they did that in the last one too, but now you can see them.

Shotgun also works well against the flood. I usually use dual SMGs or the shotgun. Dual SMGs work best because they drop SMG ammo more often than anything so you always have enough ammo.

Just wait until you're the MC again and get stuck in these little boxed in areas with flood pouring out like there's no tomorrow in this tiny confined area...

Vostok 7

And as for Nintendo's "originality," going from Nintendo to Super Nintendo or Gameboy to Gameboy Color to Gameboy Advance is almost as bad as going from PlayStation to PlayStation 2.  Nintendo 64 really wasn't that hot either, and frankly, Gamecube and Nintendo Dual Screen are really more descriptive than original.  Yeah, I think I'm sticking with Sega for most originality.

Would you have prefered Nintendo's "Dolphin" as a name for the GC?

Frankly, I don't care what any company names their consoles so long a steh software and and hardware are good.

I'd have preferred it if they went directly for the Boston youth market and dubbed it the Nintendo: WickedAwesome. :p

J/K... I could care less too - but my marketing side know that it does confuse the parents when they try to figure out which game on which system their kids keep blathering about wanting for Christmas. It's a smarter move to use either different names or consequential number than adding stuff like Advance to an existing title.

I play a couple of clan matches last night. While some of the people I played were cool, I was discouraged by how many people shoot you, then call you a happy person for no reason. The level of immaturity is appalling.

Makes you wanna develope a clan that beats the snot outta people like that and call them "Fags" later on lol.

Tell you what though, if my friend Yu had DSL he'd do Xbox Live and would probably get some good rankings, I mean litterally if your just a lil itty bitty spot on the screen its a headshot 0_o. He's like that Harrison ford movie where the marines are trying to find the sniper and you hear this, "He was here! Looks like he was eatin a quarter pounder with cheese!"

0_o I'm not gettin anything else Nintendo wise after I bought my Gamestation, I mean Gamecube :p  That thing is personally I think meant to draw in the younger kids who aren't into the whole DVD/CD player scheme like PS and Microsoft who aim for older teens and adults.  I mean wow Nintendo was the head honcho way back in the 80's and early 90's, even Sega had a really hard time to catch up, than WHAM! Here comes Playstation who takes them all out and leads Sega into never producing a game system again, and Nintendo resulting in cheap knock offs like the 64 which didn't last long....than Playstation thought it had the world under its feet than WHAM! Hello Xbox :p now really no one even CARES what Nintendo does really.  Its just Microsoft and SONY.  Nintendo is gonna go away with the Sega and Atari :( I think REALLY soon, even with the DS.

Nintendo has sold more Gamecubes than MS has sold X-Boxes. Last Xmas put them up on top.

Hehe, kinda funny that I own the 2 consoles that are least popular. :p

Oh, and in response to my earlier comment, you guys are right. Sony is the only guilty party really. I think most of that annoyance stems from PC part manufacturers... Voodoo, GeForce, Radeon, TNT. But I suppose 3rd parties come up with some good names. I remember my GeForce DDR; Creative 3D ANNIHILATOR PRO. Heh, stemmed a funny discussion where we came up with different names for vid cards ("3D RAPIST PRO; F*cks your games in the @$$ after they said no!") Of course, that's off the top of my head, we came up with some better ones.

Dammit... sorry for being OT guys. :p